Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2010, 02:32 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
What I miss from Trader Joes, and have a box of a friend bought for me waiting for me to send the money to ship it, is the Cederwood and Sage multipurpose cleaner. Nothing like it anywhere. Couldn't they build One measley Trader Joes in Stillwater, college town, people from elsewhere where there are Trader Joes come there all the time? Or at least sell the non produce stuff they have online? Please pretty please?
I hear ya. So many people think of AR and Ok as being nothing but trailer trash, they have no idea do they? Having a Trader Js in Stillwater would be like having one here. It would be a huge success. Rumor, from what I have heard from people who work for TJs they will be moving into Texas in the next few years. When that happens and they get a warehouse, we can see them expanding to OK, SW MO or here I think.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 03:06 PM

731 posts, read 1,367,697 times
I've never been to a Trader Joe's. What's do they sell aside from beer & wine, etc? They might as well also bring a Trader Vic's to NW Arkansas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I hear ya. So many people think of AR and Ok as being nothing but trailer trash, they have no idea do they? Having a Trader Js in Stillwater would be like having one here. It would be a huge success. Rumor, from what I have heard from people who work for TJs they will be moving into Texas in the next few years. When that happens and they get a warehouse, we can see them expanding to OK, SW MO or here I think.

Nita

Old 08-08-2010, 04:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,634 times
The problem with Californians coming to Texas is they bring their social BS with them. If you move south adapt to the southern ways, morals, and freedom of living that has made them great. There is a reason why California is a hell hole and getting worse!!! We don't need your mindset ruining the rest of the country!!!

Old 08-09-2010, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenoter View Post
I've never been to a Trader Joe's. What's do they sell aside from beer & wine, etc? They might as well also bring a Trader Vic's to NW Arkansas.
Heck, I could take both Trader J and V. Just so no on tries to turn AR into another Ca. A little of the good would be fine, leave the bad behind.

Trader Joes sells other booze as well, depending on the store and location: Though most of the country thinks of 2 buck Chuck wine and Trader Joes' we love some of the their specialty and organic foods. The bread is to die for, and yet very inexpensive, the have a small meat dept, produce that is good and some items that are unusual plus a small but very good frozen food dept. Two of my favorites are, a blue cheese, peacan spread and their hollendaize (spelling) sause. I rarely buy prepared sauses, but if I can get theirs I would never even think of making my own. I will add, their prices are not out of line like Whole foods for instance.

Nita

Old 08-09-2010, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwall2005 View Post
The problem with Californians coming to Texas is they bring their social BS with them. If you move south adapt to the southern ways, morals, and freedom of living that has made them great. There is a reason why California is a hell hole and getting worse!!! We don't need your mindset ruining the rest of the country!!!
and reps to you. That is exactly our thoughts. Everyplace has some good and some bad and to bring some of the good is fine, but don't come here or to Texas in your case and expect to change it into another California or wherever.

Nita

Old 08-09-2010, 08:36 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,208,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwall2005 View Post
Man, you got that right.

The thing I have noted in difference whilst conversing with both CA and TX transplants, is that the CA tend to be much more "drama queens".

Both male and female.

Folks move into the area, and then complain, "My wife won't go out shopping by herself because she is of hispanic heritage and, well, you know, it's *Arkansas*".

I cannot write here what I'd like to tell them.

Is she afraid she's gonna have to speak spanish to one of the other 20 hispanics shopping in the store, or what?

Take yourself off that pedestal, hoss..nobody cares.

Calm down...get your bean sprout and tofu fix...and watch out for that scary cow on the other side of the fence.

They bite.

California folks.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:42 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogMar View Post
Calm down...get your bean sprout and tofu fix...and watch out for that scary cow on the other side of the fence.

They bite.

California folks.
Now, now. Not all of us former Califoreigners are stamped from the same mold. We moved to the Ozarks because we missed that type of all-American culture. For the record, and even though I've lived in Japan, China and Korea, I hate tofu and alfalfa sprouts taste like cattle fodder to me. Blech!

Old 08-09-2010, 08:56 AM

731 posts, read 1,367,697 times
Here today, gone tamale.

Quote:
Folks move into the area, and then complain, "My wife won't go out shopping by herself because she is of hispanic heritage and, well, you know, it's *Arkansas*"

Old 08-09-2010, 10:17 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,208,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Now, now. Not all of us former Califoreigners are stamped from the same mold.
As RogMar scrapes cow droppin's from his boots in the bermuda grass, a ray of sun breaks through the clouds of interstae immigration.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:34 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
As RogMar scrapes cow droppin's from his boots in the bermuda grass, a ray of sun breaks through the clouds of interstae immigration.
Know all about that. Spent a couple of years as a ranch hand on a 52,000 acre cattle ranch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers