Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 12:35 PM

2 posts, read 19,832 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Northwest Arkansas for a new job at Wal-Mart. Does anyone have any suggestions on some nice areas to live around there? I hear the Bentonville and Rogers school districts are both great SD's as well. Any thoughts? This is my first time in the area so I really need some help.

Thank you everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2007, 08:54 PM

3 posts, read 20,306 times
If you move to Rogers, make sure it is SW side of town. Bellview elementary school district. I used to live in Rogers and moved to west Bentonville to get my child out of rogers schools and the growing crime they have. Bentonville schools are MUCH better.There are decent houses from $125K on up to $400k depending on your budget. Last year I bought on west outskirts and got 1850sf on 2 acres for $160K. Iv'e lived here in NW Ark. for the last 18 yrs. so if you have any questions, just ask.

Old 01-24-2007, 03:03 PM

2 posts, read 16,405 times
My only response to that is --- you're working for the wrong place! WAL-MARTIAN!! I live in Fayetteville just down the road, and quit a job i had in Bentonville because i couldn't deal with all the idiots in Bentonville. Horrible town. Can't find a decent lunch anywhere, and if you do go out and try, you have a pretty high chance of getting in an accident. i had two people hit me in less than a year in Bentonville. (they both had wal-mart name tags.) The surrounding communities don't think too hightly of the whole "walmart crowd"

Old 01-28-2007, 09:05 AM

80 posts, read 367,505 times
Patsy99 ~ I have to disagree about the drivers in NWA, they aren't nearly as bad as most cities (IE Tulsa, OK!). I just play it safe by trying to run my errands and take lunch early.

RandalThor ~ Do be prepared to sit in traffic for a while, as most of our roads are being redone and widened because of the sudden burst of building going on. My advice is to scout out on mapquest were your work is and then look for the back roads, as this will save you a lot of time if there is a traffic jam.

Bentonville's schools are pretty nice, the highschool is very huge, and is expanding even more. There is also a new elementary school in Bentonville. This city has grown so much and is continuing to grow. Every day it seems new apartments and subdivisions are popping up!! I like bentonville because it's almost the middle "hub" of Bella Vista, Lowell, and Rogers.

I don't know if you checked out Harber Meadows is a very nice community near springdale's edge. http://harbermeadows.org/ They have two schools right there, one elementary and a highschool. It is a very quiet, safe, and friendly neighborhood with great local restaurants, grocery stores, movie galleries, etc. The people are also safe and friendly drivers. Harber meadows (in the "community) is a little pricey, but there are other houses and subdivisions near by, and you can still attend their school even if you don't live in the community.

Downtown springdale has been dubbed "little Mexico" by many and often avoided by the non-Hispanics. (Big culture difference). Some parts of the town are nice, and there a few good schools, but get ready to learn Spanish.

Rogers is good in most parts (mostly the newer, recently built areas) and would be an easy commute if you plan on working at the Walmart head offices in bentonville. "Village on the creeks" and "Pinnacle" is considered the rich upscale area of Rodgers were you have Champions and Pinnacle a very pricey gated community. There a lot of shops, a very nice gym, doctors offices and the huge Pinnacle Point Church (Recently built), there are several new hotels, apartments, and tons of restaurants. Across the way is our brand new Promenade Mall. This mall is all outside entrance shops that goes for about four-five blocks. There are parking spaces outside all the shops, and cobblestone roads which makes it feel like whole different town!

Bella Vista is a beautiful place to live and would be a very easy commute to the Walmart headquarters. Most the people living in Bella Vista are retired so the neighborhoods are quiet and friendly. There are some really great parks, golf courses, and sporting activities around the city. Most of the area houses are tucked up into the mountains, giving their owners stunning views of the valley. There are several great schools in the area.

Many wishes on your move, let me know if you have any questions!

Old 02-12-2007, 05:56 PM

2 posts, read 19,832 times
Default Thanks

Thank you everyone for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate it. I hope to take some time this weekend and respond with some more questions for all of you I'm really looking forward to this move.

Rand

Old 02-21-2007, 08:38 AM

2 posts, read 24,968 times
You should ask Wal-Mart to send you a NWA Newcomer's Guide. I work for the publishing company that produces that publication and I know Wal-Mart purchases them for their relocation packets. It has lots of helpful info.

good luck.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:11 AM

1 posts, read 9,233 times
Default Historic Downtown Rogers resident

You will probably want to be in Bentonville or west Rogers for convenience to work, but I did want to reply about Rogers. We have lived in Rogers for several years. Our 2 children graduated from Rogers schools in the last 5 years. In reference to which side of town in Rogers I wanted to offer a slightly different view. We live in historic downtown Rogers a wonderful, slower paced alternative to the west side. My children have blonde hair and blue eyes and walked to the neighborhood school. There is more cultural diversity on the east side and I considered this a plus. The world is diverse now and I think our oldest daughter especially benefited from being in this atmosphere. She is currently passionate about her job in international business. Both Bentonville and Rogers schools are excellent and none are dangerous. I think you will enjoy the quality of life in this area wherever you locate.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:18 AM

11 posts, read 42,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2gofishn View Post
If you move to Rogers, make sure it is SW side of town. Bellview elementary school district. I used to live in Rogers and moved to west Bentonville to get my child out of rogers schools and the growing crime they have. Bentonville schools are MUCH better.There are decent houses from $125K on up to $400k depending on your budget. Last year I bought on west outskirts and got 1850sf on 2 acres for $160K. Iv'e lived here in NW Ark. for the last 18 yrs. so if you have any questions, just ask.
I am also relocating to the area with 3 kids, but will work in Springdale. I have picked Bentonville and Centerton as possible areas to live. SO far this opinions seems to help out...

Old 06-04-2010, 09:36 AM

1 posts, read 6,852 times
My husband is in the Army, we have been in Bentonville for 3 years. Love it!!! We were transfered in May, need to sell our home there. It's a beautiful home 3 miles from WM home office in the best part of town. Custom paint & park like back yard. Too many great features to explain. Please email us to talk more about it. If anyone else is interested PLEASE contact us. We have our home & a rent payment were we live now & the Army doesn't care we can't afford 2 payments !! Please help Thank you.
[email]Radtecjohnson@msn.com[/email]

Old 06-04-2010, 10:04 AM

18 posts, read 45,671 times
we just moved from NWA, and I will strongly suggest that if schools are important look into private- we went to a highly regarded public-and it was beyond horrible-no attention given to advanced students-everyone taught at the same level
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers