Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2008, 05:21 PM

5,985 posts, read 4,376,856 times

Advertisements

On August 19, Superior Industries announced that it will close its Pittsburg, Kansas plant on December 18, idling 600 workers. Last year I was victimized by this company's closing of its Johnson City, TN plant. At that time, I commented on this forum about Superior's intentions to eventually transfer all of its wheel production to Mexico in order to maximize profits. Superior employees in Fayetteville should be aware of this company's intentions and plan accordingly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 04:40 PM

2 posts, read 5,014 times
about how much time do we as Superior employee have before they shut this Fayetteville plant down. any thing that you can give me would help. thank you.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:20 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,128,379 times
That post is over 5 years old. I don't know if I would be all that concerned.

Old 12-07-2013, 04:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Climber View Post
That post is over 5 years old. I don't know if I would be all that concerned.
thanks Rock Climber: I was wondering where the info came from. We read the paper from cover to cover every morning, I didn't remember recent news about this, now I guess we know why. I wonder why people dig up old posts, but I guess some just like to start things again, plus it is easy to forget to look at a date. I try to pay attention, but I miss the posting date from time to time.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:27 PM

2 posts, read 5,014 times
just wanted to see if anyone has herd any new news on it, thank you for you time everyone.

Old 09-12-2014, 01:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,020 times
Well the Fayetteville Superior didn't close but the Rogers Superior will be closed by years end. It was in the works. When I left 2 years ago. After working there for 23 years. Profits first! They said they could run 40 % scrap in Mexico and still make money..No EPA rules..health insurance and pay extremely low wages!!

Old 09-14-2014, 07:11 AM

5,985 posts, read 4,376,856 times
Superior was heavily impacted when GM went belly-up in 2009, as 80% of their business was with GM. In Johnson City we had been manufacturing a lot of wheels for Toyota and Nissan. But as the short-term contracts expired the innovative Japanese carbuilders made minimal changes in design to dodge patent infringements and then informed Superior that they could make the wheels themselves at less cost. The GM debacle also caused a big reduction in Superior's Mexican production. And because Superior was a non-union company I suspect that they were among those suppliers that lost huge sums of money owed them by GM. But at any rate, Superior seems to have emerged in a much more stable position than they were in back in 2007. At that time they were reporting quarterly losses in the millions. Closing most of the American plants was the key to their survival.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers