Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Fine Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2008, 04:55 PM

3,533 posts, read 12,304,281 times

Advertisements

Hi, my wife would like to know if anyone on here is into polymer clay projects. she would just like to talk to other people that might be. she has been doing it for a long time and would like to meet other people that do to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 07:37 AM

1,063 posts, read 2,462,772 times
No responses yet? I guess the clay would get on their keyboards.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:04 AM

Well i guess no one wants to talk or is not interrested in talking about this topic. thanks for the only responce.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:56 AM

1,047 posts, read 2,784,864 times
I'm sorry I didn't notice your post when I went speed reading by before!

I am a multi-media artist and have worked with and taught classes in polymer clay. My main medium is regular clay - art tile and sculpture mostly. I use polymer for jewelry mostly. At a school we made a pictorial scene since they were gifted with a large amount! In a summer program we made boxes. I really like the ease of creating with polymer. Have you checked out the Dick Blick web site for the new product lines? It is easier to work with that the original product.

What are you making? Maybe I can answer your questions. I am getting ready to do a major art piece installation on the front of a school so it may be a week or so before I have a chance to check back - but I will!

Old 05-13-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Lady View Post
I'm sorry I didn't notice your post when I went speed reading by before!

I am a multi-media artist and have worked with and taught classes in polymer clay. My main medium is regular clay - art tile and sculpture mostly. I use polymer for jewelry mostly. At a school we made a pictorial scene since they were gifted with a large amount! In a summer program we made boxes. I really like the ease of creating with polymer. Have you checked out the Dick Blick web site for the new product lines? It is easier to work with that the original product.

What are you making? Maybe I can answer your questions. I am getting ready to do a major art piece installation on the front of a school so it may be a week or so before I have a chance to check back - but I will!

I'll let my wife know about that site. she does alot of bead making and some canes. we have so much stuff around the house that she has made , i told her to sell some of it on ebay. LOL She uses only oven bake polymer clay.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:15 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,219,316 times
I started working with polymer clay about a year ago. I've made a lot of beads, and I've done some switchplate covers for around the house.

There's a polymer clay forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mai...clay&nav=start

Lots of other resources on the web, too. And there's a magazine called Polymer Cafe.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:22 AM

Thankyou Very Much For All Your Help:d

Old 05-15-2008, 10:38 PM

1,047 posts, read 2,784,864 times
Ellise, thanks for the web address. I'll check it out soon. Polymer clay is really fun stuff. I have not thought about making switchplates but I bet yours are beautiful.

Do you sell any of your work?

Old 05-16-2008, 07:50 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,219,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Lady View Post
Ellise, thanks for the web address. I'll check it out soon. Polymer clay is really fun stuff. I have not thought about making switchplates but I bet yours are beautiful.

Do you sell any of your work?
No, I don't sell any of it. I used to sell ceramics years ago. I'm just enjoying the polymer clay without any thought of 'going pro'. It is fun stuff, inexpensive and accessible to all without the need of buying expensive equipment.

I've made a few nice bracelets and necklaces that I wear, and the switchplates brighten up the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Fine Arts