Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Fish
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 10:09 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,862,283 times

Advertisements

i have a few...

but i have one realy weird one...
i REALY want (and am planning on having) a jellyfish tank...
yup i know...not realy "fish" but still.

our local aquarium has a room, its pitch black in this room and the walls have big comfy built in seating...and in the middle of the room is a 500 gallon tube with a color chainging light top and bottom...
and its filled with moon jellies...
they just do their thing, floating like etheral dancing ghosts, so soft, so peacefull, and as the light changes color so do they absorbing and reflecting it through every bit of their silk like bodies.

i cuold have sat in there for hours.

so i looked on line....just about passed out from the normal cost of a jellyfish tank and almost set the idea aside as an "in my dreams"
but for some reason today i started looking and ive found a number of small "desk top" kits that are acutally relitivly affordable, at least compared to most units...
i now have a new saving goal once i get my own place. i want it in the bedroom with a color change LED system so i can sit there each evening and just watch them dance!

so whats your DREAM tank?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 10:23 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,959,536 times
I want a really big amazon Tank where I can have odd fish such as freshwater rays and other weird amazon fish among the regulars (angels, discus, tetras,)

Old 08-06-2011, 06:04 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,902,409 times
I don't think I have any particular dream tank, more like lots of them. I have many, many fish I want to keep. Right now I have just 5 fish tanks, and the pond with goldfish. I keep seeing a particular fish and thinking, "oh, I want some of those!" But I don't have room for them. My largest tank is 46 gallons, but I'd like to get a couple more, at least 55 gallons each. I just want everything!

Old 08-06-2011, 08:10 AM

lol i know that feeling...
one day id love a huge (125 gal min) planted discus tank with a huge group of cardinal tetras...
and id love one day to have a large reef tank
ooo and lionfish...id love a lionfish (but im allergic to bees so im not sure id risk a lion since the venom is similar to bee venom and generally if your allergic to one your allergic to the toher )

the figure 8 puffers catch my eye too lol.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:12 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
I want one of those tanks that makes up a wall of the house - you know? Kind of starts half way up and then goes almost to the ceiling. Not too thick, but plenty wide. And I want it to have colorful fish and a little dog fish so it looks like I have a shark in there. And (since this is my fantasy), it always looks good and is clean and I don't have to do any maintenance.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:19 AM

oooo i love those built in tanks stan4. if i ever won big on the lottery id definatly do something like that, that would probably end up becomming my reef tank LOL.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:42 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,678,174 times
Wow, great thread, I have been fishless since moving to the prairie..
However do you think a mail order fish is possible? Anyone have any links? I brought my nice goldfish bowl with an air pump. Could I actually order one by mail.
I am 200 miles even from the nearest walmart...LOL.
In Oregon I had a nice Koi pound as well as two 30 gal tanks with angels, tetras, ect....
The Oregon coast aquarium has one of the jelly tanks like you were talking about, in the round and I think that would be the ultimate!

Old 08-06-2011, 08:48 AM

ive personally used livefishdirect for mail order, youll pay alot in shipping for one fish though...kinda evens out when you buy more fish.
ebay also always has live fish, never bought off ebay, again youll pay alot in shipping but its doable, and then theres liveaquaria.com. also many fish forums have sections for people to buy/sell.

lol i could watch the jellies swim for ever!

Old 08-06-2011, 09:03 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,959,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
lol i know that feeling...
one day id love a huge (125 gal min) planted discus tank with a huge group of cardinal tetras...
and id love one day to have a large reef tank
ooo and lionfish...id love a lionfish (but im allergic to bees so im not sure id risk a lion since the venom is similar to bee venom and generally if your allergic to one your allergic to the toher )

the figure 8 puffers catch my eye too lol.
see, you want my dream tank too

well a smaller version.

OMG that 125g tank is a b$$$$ to cycle. I have never had to cycle a tank before the 125. Even with 4 used filters in there when I first set it up it needed cycling for a week.

I may have to cycle my dream tank for a year

Old 08-06-2011, 12:24 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,678,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
ive personally used livefishdirect for mail order, youll pay alot in shipping for one fish though...kinda evens out when you buy more fish.
ebay also always has live fish, never bought off ebay, again youll pay alot in shipping but its doable, and then theres liveaquaria.com. also many fish forums have sections for people to buy/sell.

lol i could watch the jellies swim for ever!
thanks for the advice...I got to see Keiko before they "freed him"
Much like me putting my dog out in the woods...

Keiko (orca) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Fish