Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 02:43 PM

32 posts, read 83,518 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Sedona in early Summer 2015 and was wondering if or what is the house rental market?

I need a 1-2 bedroom with 2 car garage for Jeep and Harley so I would like to rent a home in a nice area. Pines would be great but probably to expensive as I really don't want to go over $1500 month---if possible.

I work from home so am open to any suggestions or ideas....thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2015, 12:59 PM

1,204 posts, read 1,976,837 times
I don't think what you are looking for is realistic in Sedona. It is generally big $$$ to live there. There is a smaller suburb south called Oak Creek which might be doable. As far as pine living you would have to go North of Sedona towards Flagstaff a few miles on 89a. You will need a four wheeler during Winter. Or you can go South West of Sedona on 89a and check out Clarksdale or Jerome. Both are kind of neat towns, Jerome is an artist community/tourist trap on a cliff and Clarksdale is a small torn between Jerome and Sedona. I bet Clarksdale you could find what you are looking for and it would put you within a half hour of Sedona. If Pines are a must you might be able to find something in Williams (small but cool town off I40 about 20 minutes West of Flagstaff) or on the edge of Flagstaff and you would still be fairly close to Sedona.

Good luck.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:16 AM

1,077 posts, read 2,085,595 times
Williams is an hour minimum from Sedona. Jerome 45 minutes on a good day. Clarkdale, no S, has very few rentals. Cottonwood has no pines, Sedona very few unless you get lucky and find something to rent in Oak Creek Canyon. 1500 might get you a single family house in The Village of Oak Creek, just outside Sedona on highway 179, but in Sedona proper it'll be more difficult but not impossible depending on how picky you are.
The shortage of homes for rent in the Sedona area is due largely to the issue of vacation rentals. If I owned a home in Sedona why would I rent it for 2500 a month when I can get 1500 a WEEK as a vacation rental?

Old 01-11-2015, 07:04 PM

Thanks all.......Oak Creek Canyon sounds good...maybe I will try there

Old 01-15-2015, 08:44 AM

849 posts, read 2,923,216 times
I always wondered why people tend to separate Oak Creek from Sedona proper as if it is a "bad" place. I have spent much time in both areas, and I can honestly say I'd rather live in VOC...Sedona was so overcrowded and congested I stayed away from it. VOC is within bike ride distance to some great Sedona landmarks like the Bell Rock Pathway and has easy and quick access to the interstate. Is it really "Sedona"? I would have to say it is...to me, I equate it to this: Los Angeles is a big place, but if I went to Burbank, I'm still in LA. If I drive to Long Beach, I'm still in LA. Same with Malibu. Just like if you drive to VOC or Oak Creek Canyon...it's still Sedona. More affordable, less congested, and close enough to get to.

Old 01-27-2015, 03:44 AM

4,374 posts, read 11,230,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaparrito View Post
If I owned a home in Sedona why would I rent it for 2500 a month when I can get 1500 a WEEK as a vacation rental?
Because it's illegal to rent a home short term in Sedona and it's heavily monitored.

Old 01-27-2015, 03:49 AM

4,374 posts, read 11,230,590 times
OP, the Village of Oak Creek (VOC to Sedonans) is a different place from Oak Creek Canyon ("the canyon" to Sedonans).

Your best bet would be to look in VOC (since you want a double garage which I think might be the only sticking point). There are many property management companies and The Red Rock News that you can check out.

The canyon for the most part may be more expensive as homes can be very expensive up there, unless you fine a mobile up there but then it most likely won't have the garage you seek.

Old 01-28-2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
OP, the Village of Oak Creek (VOC to Sedonans) is a different place from Oak Creek Canyon ("the canyon" to Sedonans).

Your best bet would be to look in VOC (since you want a double garage which I think might be the only sticking point). There are many property management companies and The Red Rock News that you can check out.

The canyon for the most part may be more expensive as homes can be very expensive up there, unless you fine a mobile up there but then it most likely won't have the garage you seek.

Thanks....I didn't know those two were different...........VOC it is!

Old 08-19-2015, 07:35 AM

1 posts, read 2,040 times
Default sedona living

I am curious of you made it to Sedona. I too am considering moving and also have a Harley. Right now its just a dream and working through things in my head as to what I want and where id like to be in 5 years. I was wondering if cotton wood would be a good choice. What is the cost of living there, crime rate etc.

Old 08-19-2015, 09:19 AM

849 posts, read 2,923,216 times
Cottonwood looks a little dry and bland compared to Sedona- not sure if it's a reasonable substitute. I would think that Prescott would be more akin to Sedona, and have some more affordable areas...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona