Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 12:55 AM

8 posts, read 17,558 times

Advertisements

If this thread isn't your cup of tea kindly scroll on, I don't want to hear how you think it's a bunch of hooey. Please and thank you lol

So, looking for a real deal person to visit, someone truly gifted and usually has a waiting list to get in to see....also names of places or people to avoid. I've googled until my eyes crossed can't seem to find one good resource of practitioners, I thought Sedona was the hot spot for all things psychic! Going to be there over the holidays. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2015, 08:28 PM

122 posts, read 112,294 times
Sedona is the hot spot for all things "phony psychic." It is a tourist trap for the gullible. I have been to reputable mediums, but I don't think Sedona is where you are going to find a serious psychic. I have lived in Northern Arizona for the past 45 years and am personal friends with one of the more high-profile Sedona New Age gurus, but frankly the whole Sedona scene makes me gag. (Some nice golf courses and excellent hiking, however.) In short, I don't think "it's" a bunch of hooey - I think Sedona is a bunch of hooey.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:45 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,120,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bo Pepys View Post
Sedona is the hot spot for all things "phony psychic." It is a tourist trap for the gullible. I have been to reputable mediums, but I don't think Sedona is where you are going to find a serious psychic. I have lived in Northern Arizona for the past 45 years and am personal friends with one of the more high-profile Sedona New Age gurus, but frankly the whole Sedona scene makes me gag. (Some nice golf courses and excellent hiking, however.) In short, I don't think "it's" a bunch of hooey - I think Sedona is a bunch of hooey.
^^^^^^^.....Agree 100%.........

Sedona ranks right up there with Skagway, AK and Cripple Creek, CO as far as Tourist Traps go.

For business and pleasure, I traveled into and throughout AZ for over 50 years................in MHO, it's greatest drawing card is/was the decent Quail Hunting between Sonoita and the Boarder.

Old 10-29-2015, 09:18 AM

4,235 posts, read 14,056,700 times
I certainly understand the OP's request that non-believers move on, but since a lot of people spend a lot of money seeking all this BS in Sedona, the old "buyer beware" thing needs to be said again....keep in mind that the vortex/harmonic convergence/New Age thing appears to have been spearheaded by a local realtor in the 1950s.....yup, it's usually all about money....scroll down to "A New Age Pioneer" here:

The History of New Age Sedona.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:08 AM

1,077 posts, read 2,083,401 times
I was in Sedona for the Harmonica Convergence and didn't see a single Hohner. What a ripoff.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:17 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,693,707 times
I first saw Sedona in the 1960s while stationed in AZ with the Army. It seemed pretty nice.
Many years later my wife and I spent 2 days there in the mid 2000 time frame. It was supposed to be 3 but we bailed after two and should not have bothered spending the 2nd night.
High priced food and people that seemed to think that they were doing you a favor by their existence.
Not for us, we won't go back.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:12 PM

10,743 posts, read 23,798,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunchbunch View Post
If this thread isn't your cup of tea kindly scroll on, I don't want to hear how you think it's a bunch of hooey. Please and thank you lol

So, looking for a real deal person to visit, someone truly gifted and usually has a waiting list to get in to see....also names of places or people to avoid. I've googled until my eyes crossed can't seem to find one good resource of practitioners, I thought Sedona was the hot spot for all things psychic! Going to be there over the holidays. Thanks!
My advice to you is to just go hiking on your own in Sedona, and be intuitive. Magic can only be felt and seen by those who believe in it. I usually don't spend a lot of time in the center of town as it feels like a giant gift shop. But hiking the red rocks there is amazing and there is something very special about the place. You just may find some of the answers you seek by climbing up on Cathedral Rock, Bell Rock, or a hike in Boynton Canyon. I love Sedona for that.

As far as psychics go, I'd steer clear of the tourist carnival psychics in the center of Sedona. I can't say for sure if they are on point or just a bunch of lip service. I did know a psychic when I lived in Salem, MA. Him and I became friends, so he never charged me. His readings were accurate about 80% of the time. His day job was being an architect, so it's just an ability that he wanted to share, nothing more. So I believe there are those who are well attuned to a sixth sense or have a gift of being able to read for people. I just don't get the feeling that a tourist town psychic would be the best option though. If you want to do a seance with a medium, you should research reputable resources for that.

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 11-02-2015 at 07:22 PM..

Old 11-02-2015, 07:41 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bo Pepys View Post
Do such exist? I thought all mediums (and all gurus) were phonies who scream "Scam I am".

Old 02-18-2016, 12:33 PM

15 posts, read 15,985 times
I'm not sure why you have to find the best psychic. I can only assume that psychic already knows you are looking for them and will contact you themselves.

Old 07-20-2017, 02:51 PM

44 posts, read 67,155 times
I can't stop laughing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef123 View Post
i'm not sure why you have to find the best psychic. I can only assume that psychic already knows you are looking for them and will contact you themselves.

Last edited by Dreamweaver's girl; 07-20-2017 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: error
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona