Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2022, 10:25 AM

334 posts, read 662,562 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are visiting Sedona for the first time. Can anyone recommend good hotel in the heart of things and also, when is the best time of year to visit? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2022, 10:38 AM

903 posts, read 583,535 times
We have gone several times. We have used the Timeshare at Sedona Summit, but I believe rooms are available outside of the timeshare. There is a Marriott or Hyatt right in the uptown Area and you can walk to lots of other places. Have not stayed there. We have also stayed in Los Abrigados.

Early to Late Spring and late Fall are good times. Otherwise, it can be in the higher 90s and makes enjoying the hiking/biking more difficult. Winter is beautiful especially if they got some snow. Temperatures are still usually in the 60s during the day.

In the summer you have the heat and monsoons to deal with. We got caught in a pretty nasty thunderstorm.

L'Auberge de Sedona is a great place to eat. Looks like a beautiful place to stay. Pretty expensive. We have not stayed there.

cd : O)

Old 03-25-2022, 12:54 PM

455 posts, read 1,499,678 times
Sedona has become a full blown tourist trap/destination. Traffic is terrible, especially on the weekends. My advice is to NOT visit on a weekend or a holiday/spring break or you will spend most of your time in traffic. Sedona is opening a Shuttle to the most popular destinations, just started yesterday, it may help with traffic, only time will tell. https://sedonashuttle.com/

And just an FYI, I am local and have been watching the problem grow.

Old 03-27-2022, 05:11 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,216,150 times
Avoid the weekends like Curly said. I spent 5 months last year being a tourist (3 in the spring and then back for 2 in the fall) working at a local establishment and hiking exploring the rest of my time. Lots to explore, very pretty, but lots of traffic. Better to be an extreme early riser if you can’t avoid the weekend and get to your main destination/trail head at the crack of dawn!

Old 03-27-2022, 11:04 AM

157 posts, read 568,680 times
I'll be the third to recommend Sedona on weekdays over weekends, if possible. Plenty of other places to visit on the weekends in that area. Jerome, Old Cottonwood, or Prescott or Flagstaff destinations.

Old 03-31-2022, 03:10 PM

1,231 posts, read 1,663,523 times
I recall staying at the Best Western Plus Arroyo Roble Hotel during my visit. Nice views of the mountains and red rock formations. Lots of hiking trails nearby and opportunities to experience the vortices that the area is known for. Oh, and be sure to wear a hat or some other head covering. I was scolded by a local for not wearing a cap whilst taking a walk during the summer. After my stay on the way back to Phoenix, I spent several hours touring the old mining town of Jerome.

Old 03-31-2022, 03:19 PM

12,042 posts, read 8,421,785 times
Go enjoy Slide Rock State Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona