Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2010, 03:10 PM

2 posts, read 4,022 times

Advertisements

Hi I am planning to relocate to South FLorida with my family. Where is the best city to consider? I am concerned with safety/crime level and quality school districts. I ma looking for a family friendly environment with sports/activities for my children.I know there are some areas that are definitely more crime ridden than others. Please help! Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 03:33 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,475,403 times
Hello, Welcome to CD. A few questions Are you looking at Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade? Do you have a job lined up? What is your price range? Do you want to be close to the beach? Give us a little more information so we can help.

Old 07-27-2010, 04:22 AM

3,418 posts, read 7,795,014 times
Southwest or Southeast Florida?

Old 07-27-2010, 07:09 AM

27,231 posts, read 44,008,363 times
Most people refer to Dade, Broward and Palm Counties as "South Florida". I've never heard the SW side referred to as South Florida. Which brings up, how in the world is the University Of South Florida located in Tampa??

Anyway, back on track. There are several nice areas of South Florida and given the fact that the South Florida corridor is 75 miles long, knowing a bit more in terms of specifics would be helpful.

Dade County is probably the most difficult in terms of safe family areas. Coral Gables, South Miami, Palmetto Bay and Cutler Ridge would get my vote.

Broward County offers more in terms of choices. I'd look at Coconut Creek, Cooper City, Coral Springs and Weston.

Palm Beach County offers the most choices in terms of family-friendliness. Check out Boca West, Wellington, Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter and Juno Beach.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:18 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,633,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWteacher View Post
Hi I am planning to relocate to South FLorida with my family. Where is the best city to consider? I am concerned with safety/crime level and quality school districts. I ma looking for a family friendly environment with sports/activities for my children.I know there are some areas that are definitely more crime ridden than others. Please help! Thanks.
You should live in either West Palm Beach metro or Pembroke Pines which is in the Fort Lauderdale metro. I personally like the cities of West Palm Beach like Wellington, Delray, Boca, and Boynton. But it's your choice. Wellington is extremely nice!

Old 08-05-2010, 12:40 PM

2 posts, read 4,022 times
Thanks for your input. We are just starting the process of relocating. I don't have many details worked out. We are formulating a 1-2 year plan to move. I am a teacher so I was wondering about school districts. Palm Beach County or Broward? I'd like my children to attend public school if possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida