Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 09:35 PM

200 posts, read 878,337 times

Advertisements

I have been thinking how much milder this summer has been compared to the last few years. Less humidity, less heat, less rain. I could even swear that the mosquitos are better this year. Summer is usually misery but this year (so far, knock on wood) has actually been very nice. I like it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2007, 09:41 PM

1,352 posts, read 6,275,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
NO it is not. I have been keeping records of temps for 15 years and it's pretty normal. 2003 was actually worse this time of the year. Still it is always hot in Florida this time of year, we will have the hurricanes to cool us off. Wilma is my all-time favorite for this and for eliminating the Bischoffia tree from my parents backyard.
I agree...it really doesnt seem as hot this year to me as it did in some years past...but thats my opinion

Old 11-08-2009, 08:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,498 times
is it means it is too hot in florida? or some cities?
i wish anybody would answer very fast.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:34 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,654,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathleen View Post
is it means it is too hot in florida? or some cities?
i wish anybody would answer very fast.
Don't you think too hot would be subjective?
Is there really an answer?
Was that fast enough?

Old 11-09-2009, 05:27 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,778,187 times
I will say since 1994 I think it has gotten warmer. It stays warmer, longer, into our summer, spring, summer, spring, seasons.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:19 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,668,771 times
Default You have to admit that Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Was that fast enough?
is definitely going to be hotter, temperature wise, than say Jacksonville. How about that?

Old 11-09-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
You have to admit that Miami is definitely going to be hotter, temperature wise, than say Jacksonville. How about that?
Yes, generally Miami is hotter on average than Jax but that does not mean either is too hot.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
I will say since 1994 I think it has gotten warmer. It stays warmer, longer, into our summer, spring, summer, spring, seasons.
The average annual temperature in Florida has not changed in 100 years.

Quote:
For over a century, there has been no statistically significant long-term trend in statewide average temperatures for the state of Florida. Current temperatures are similar to those experienced in the 1920s, 1930s and 1940s.
http://ff.org/centers/csspp/pdf/20070709_florida.pdf (broken link)

Old 11-09-2009, 10:55 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,668,771 times
Default In the eye of the beholder

Quote:
Yes, generally Miami is hotter on average than Jax but that does not mean either is too hot.
If someone were moving to Florida and couldn't decide on an area, you would tell them what the average temps were in Jacksonville, or Miami, and let THEM decide which temps would be better for them.

To make a blanket statement that NEITHER is too hot would not be informative to the individual person involved based on whatever their personal preference might be.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Was that fast enough?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
In the eye of the beholder If someone were moving to Florida and couldn't decide on an area, you would tell them what the average temps were in Jacksonville, or Miami, and let THEM decide which temps would be better for them.

To make a blanket statement that NEITHER is too hot would not be informative to the individual person involved based on whatever their personal preference might be.
R.I.F.

I never made a blanket statement the neither is too hot, in fact in my first post I stated that "too hot" is subjective.

You have read enough of my posts where I was the one stating that it is all personal preference. While you have made blanket statements about the weather being too hot for anyone.

Don't try and act as if you are being rational now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida