Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 11:16 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Just like OJ said thats what he was going to do.
He was being facetious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 12:36 AM

1,978 posts, read 4,408,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haai View Post
I wanna know when the movie will come out (it wouldn't surprise me if someone actually made one, given the fact that this case evolved into such a spectacle). There are people who do far worse things to children every day, so I don't see what the big fuss over this case was. I doubt people line up for tickets when those people are tried.

Thank goodness it's over.

Dumbest comment EVER!

What's with the "roll eyes" emoticon anyway? That's callous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haai View Post
I do. Do you? Sounds to me like you didn't take the time to consider my point of view before posting.

I'm not saying that what she did was right. It takes a sick mind to do something like that. However, my point was that people do crap to kids every day, and not all of those cases get so much hype, even if they're just as twisted, or worse (and yes, there are people who do worse things than just "killing." Do your homework). My heart goes out to Caylee, and I do think she should have never died, but why should this case be so hyped up if such things happen in every state every day?

I'm done. If you want to troll, do it with someone else.

Really? You have a point of view?

Here's a point of view: When you're in a hole, STOP DIGGING!

Old 07-06-2011, 12:40 AM

1,978 posts, read 4,408,472 times
Casey had better be on the lookout for any potential "Dexter's"! Somehow I think fate is going to hit her on the potato can sooner than later. Florida can be a very karmic place.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:48 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,369,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptoid Humidian View Post
Casey had better be on the lookout for any potential "Dexter's"! Somehow I think fate is going to hit her on the potato can sooner than later. Florida can be a very karmic place.
Karmic as in judgmental?

Old 07-06-2011, 09:14 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,522,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Just your use of the word "crap" shows your level of education.

A little girl is murdered and you dismiss it.

It was "hyped" because the mother was a sociopath who lied. It caught the nation's attention because people couldn't grasp how a child is missing for 31 days and no one reports it.

Or that a "mother" is going out dancing and getting tattoos while other people are looking for her missing child.

This case was so bizarre it got world wide attention.

Even Susan Smith cried for the cameras knowing she drowned her own kids.

We have had missing kids in the country before, the difference is they're all reported within 24 hours, even when it turns out a family member was involved.

No one is "trolling", you made an insensitive comment in regards to the death of a child.

It was an ignorant thing to say.

I really can't think of anything worse than the murder of an innocent child.
How about the other 337 that were killed in 2008? What do you know about them? Reality is the people following this are the ones who follow the local news and Nancy Grace types.
It's just another sad case where a child died that is getting attention because the media picked it out the the mom is young and attractive.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:15 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,774,924 times
She better live in a cabin in the woods in montana, Vermont, etc. And never come out into public. I would never show my face if I were her. Besides the fact she SHOULD be in prison for the rest of her life, if I were her I would want to be, after seeing most peoples reaction. What a total lack of good judgement....

Old 07-06-2011, 09:42 AM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
How about the other 337 that were killed in 2008? What do you know about them? Reality is the people following this are the ones who follow the local news and Nancy Grace types. It's just another sad case where a child died that is getting attention because the media picked it out the the mom is young and attractive.

Exactly...sheep.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:02 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,342,054 times
I think it's disturbing that anyone would insinuate physical harm to come her. The jury system is not a perfect one but it's the best we have and the jury has decided on this case. I thought we laid down our pitchforks and torches in favor of the Constitution and legal system. The mob justice people need to consider that maybe it's not our legal system that's broken but our societal values.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:03 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,773,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblake78728 View Post
Look for her to be starring in a Penthouse or Playboy spread in the very near future.
While shes going to be able to rake in some cash with different venues, she will ALWAYS be branded in society and her life will always be endangered from vengeful people. She will be in a different kind of prison once shes out --- and will need to hire bodyguards for the rest of her life no doubt.

The Prosecution Team convinced me of her guilt from the evidence , and no one dies by 'accident' with duct tape applied to the nose and mouth and dumped in a swamp using a plastic bag . The outcome of this Trial is as sick (if not more) than OJ Simpsons brutal slaughter. Sometimes justice is not had in this life, but justice shall be had one day by the Creator....the ultimate Judge .

Old 07-06-2011, 10:03 AM

374 posts, read 945,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
How about the other 337 that were killed in 2008? What do you know about them? Reality is the people following this are the ones who follow the local news and Nancy Grace types.
It's just another sad case where a child died that is getting attention because the media picked it out the the mom is young and attractive.
I think the fact that she waited 31 days to report her missing child, while she was photographed partying, probably played to the media and public interest...

Unfortunately the media focuses on what the public wants and, even more unfortunate, the public wants dirt. When we stop wanting dirt, they'll stop serving it. Actually, easily solved...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida