Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 01:23 PM

173 posts, read 681,019 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

Just curious. I just wanted to know if there is a city in Florida that is similar to San Diego (you know, similar in vibe & atmosphere, stuff like that).

I'm only looking for answers from those who have been to both places and know what they are talking about, and it's just a simple question. Not looking for any rude or heated replies.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 02:26 PM

2,200 posts, read 4,423,197 times
Jacksonville. No contest.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:55 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,228,646 times
Well, there's certainly no place in Florida with weather as nice as San Diego.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:48 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,342,054 times
As a Florida resident and having visited SD it's really hard comparison to make. Other than the fact that there are seaside metropolitan areas here, it really is a world of difference. Weather and geography go to SD but the FL beaches are also very nice, just don't have the dramatic seaside cliffs of the pacific coast. If I had to put a vote, I would say St. Petersburg is most like San Diego.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:11 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone!!

I know that there will be no exact equivalent due to the reasons mentioned. San Diego is a coastal metropolis with a lovely contrast of lush tropical landscape with mountains in the background. Wish you could find that in Florida :-(

@Crane's Rooster, it's funny you picked St. Petersburg because that was actually my top place to choose from when I move to FL.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:44 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
St. Petersburg is a visually beautiful city, with a gorgeous downtown, very lush tropical landscaping and beautiful beaches. I agree that while no city in Florida can be exactly compared to San Diego it probably overall has the most in common, although a much smaller feel.

Old 07-13-2011, 02:00 PM

334 posts, read 1,151,971 times
I've spent a good amount of time in San Diego and been to most of the cities here. I'll second the Tampa/St. Pete area.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:16 PM

Tampa/St. Petersburg has been mentioned a lot, so it must be true. I definitely can't wait to pay St. Pete/Tampa/ and San Diego a visit!

Old 07-13-2011, 07:30 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,010,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyd View Post
Thanks for the replies everyone!!

I know that there will be no exact equivalent due to the reasons mentioned. San Diego is a coastal metropolis with a lovely contrast of lush tropical landscape with mountains in the background. Wish you could find that in Florida :-(

@Crane's Rooster, it's funny you picked St. Petersburg because that was actually my top place to choose from when I move to FL.
Tropical? San Diego is anything but tropical. You want to see tropical go to Miami or the Keys. As for something like San Deigo it is hard to say. Miami is too much of a city to be like San Deigo IMO but at the same time it would probably be your best bet that or Tampa. But of course no mountains in FL, but we have warmer water I guess thats the trade off. San Deigo is a pretty unique city to hard to really give a good answer.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Tropical? San Diego is anything but tropical. You want to see tropical go to Miami or the Keys. As for something like San Deigo it is hard to say. Miami is too much of a city to be like San Deigo IMO but at the same time it would probably be your best bet that or Tampa. But of course no mountains in FL, but we have warmer water I guess thats the trade off. San Deigo is a pretty unique city to hard to really give a good answer.
Thanx.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida