Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2007, 04:38 PM

1 posts, read 3,465 times

Advertisements

Need information on elementary schools in seminole county.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2007, 05:20 PM

940 posts, read 1,367,797 times
What town in seminole are you moving to, maybe I can help I live in Oviedo and my daughter went to Stenstrom Great School! By the way where are you moving from?

Old 09-09-2007, 11:12 AM

5 posts, read 15,990 times
Default Oviedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickinbackfl View Post
What town in seminole are you moving to, maybe I can help I live in Oviedo and my daughter went to Stenstrom Great School! By the way where are you moving from?
I have been hearing a lot about Oviedo. It sounds like a really nice place to live. Can you tell me more about the area? I am trying to decide between Lakeland, and areas outside of Orlando. I am thinking about moving next year.

Old 09-09-2007, 02:05 PM

gabyg, I love Oviedo, it has a small town feel, but fairly close to everything! Schools are A-rated schools, which is important in Florida. Where are you moving from? I'am from Long Island, New York. I have been here alittle over 2 years now, so I don't know if I can really be of great help, Iam sure if you make a post asking about Oviedo, you would probably get alot lot of good advice and I know there are many people on City-data that live here. I have 2 site you can visit Welcome to the City of Oviedo | City of Oviedo, Florida (http://www.cityofoviedo.net/index.php?q=node/122 - broken link) and MyOviedoFL.com - Oviedo FL's Online Newsletter both are informative, they are what I used when trying to figure out where I wanted to be. My best advice to you would be to visit Florida and really get a feel of each town that you are thinking of. My home right now is for sale (too big)
but I do plan on staying in Oviedo, mostly my kids would never, ever think of leaving. Well, if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. Best of luck!

Old 09-09-2007, 04:17 PM

5 posts, read 15,990 times
Thank you!! I am moving from Maryland. It's beautiful here, but I just want a change from the snow and ice. I spend a lot of time in Florida so the heat and humidity do not scare me. I am at pace with bad hair days! I spent most of my summer between Lakeland, Orlando and Ft. Lauderdale. I really like Lakeland, but I am afraid that it will get pretty lonely there as far as meeting new friends. What is the traffic like there? The Washington Metro Suburban area (where I live) is supposed to be obe of the worst. I have already experienced I-4 traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickinbackfl View Post
gabyg, I love Oviedo, it has a small town feel, but fairly close to everything! Schools are A-rated schools, which is important in Florida. Where are you moving from? I'am from Long Island, New York. I have been here alittle over 2 years now, so I don't know if I can really be of great help, Iam sure if you make a post asking about Oviedo, you would probably get alot lot of good advice and I know there are many people on City-data that live here. I have 2 site you can visit Welcome to the City of Oviedo | City of Oviedo, Florida (http://www.cityofoviedo.net/index.php?q=node/122 - broken link) and MyOviedoFL.com - Oviedo FL's Online Newsletter both are informative, they are what I used when trying to figure out where I wanted to be. My best advice to you would be to visit Florida and really get a feel of each town that you are thinking of. My home right now is for sale (too big)
but I do plan on staying in Oviedo, mostly my kids would never, ever think of leaving. Well, if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. Best of luck!

Old 09-09-2007, 06:09 PM

Don't ask me about traffic, I came from L.I. People here in Florida complain about traffic, oh well. It can get hairy around here though, I think alot has to do with the timing of the lights and people blocking intersections. jmho. We were looking into Geneva, lots of land, beautiful house, cape cod style, not much liked around here, but we chose not to do it because we would spend more time in town with the kids and all. But really, I can't say anything about Lakeland, but I'am sure if you post, someone will have something to say. As far as the traffic on the I-4 there are ways around that!!! Be forwarned, if you are going thru menapause, you do not want to have NOTHING to do with Florida, I said the same thing, especially the hair, but, let me warn you and your spouse, move to Florida, WAY before you hit "that age",and give your body time to ajust!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida