Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 07:26 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times

Advertisements

Self-proclaimed and proud FL cracker chiming in... lol

There are definitely racists in FL, just like any other state. Some people are just ignorant. But living in NC, for over 2 yrs now in the same little town outside of Asheville, I've heard more racists comments than I did in FL. By far. Here, its even said in the work place, in front of mixed company. Ridiculous.

Asheville is different, but most of WNC is the worst I've ever experienced. I had some old redneck ask me if I was "funny" (gay) because I had on a light purple collared shirt on the other day. This was at work, unbelievable. Same day I had someone tell me that if the Democrats stay in office, the whole country is going bankrupt. Bashing black ppl, hispanics, gays, etc. This is the bible belt, but it's funny how (mostly the natives) have nasty things to say about "others." I've met many ppl from FL, CA, TX, etc.. while here in NC. funny how every comment I've heard that was nasty has come with a southern WNC accent.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:32 AM

1,119 posts, read 1,371,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Self-proclaimed and proud FL cracker chiming in... lol

There are definitely racists in FL, just like any other state. Some people are just ignorant. But living in NC, for over 2 yrs now in the same little town outside of Asheville, I've heard more racists comments than I did in FL. By far. Here, its even said in the work place, in front of mixed company. Ridiculous.

Asheville is different, but most of WNC is the worst I've ever experienced. I had some old redneck ask me if I was "funny" (gay) because I had on a light purple collared shirt on the other day. This was at work, unbelievable. Same day I had someone tell me that if the Democrats stay in office, the whole country is going bankrupt. Bashing black ppl, hispanics, gays, etc. This is the bible belt, but it's funny how (mostly the natives) have nasty things to say about "others." I've met many ppl from FL, CA, TX, etc.. while here in NC. funny how every comment I've heard that was nasty has come with a southern WNC accent.
You just described a lot of people in Virginia. So racism is widespread

Old 09-09-2012, 07:34 AM

^^^Agreed.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:40 AM

1,119 posts, read 1,371,109 times
I live in a part of Virginia that is not really that urban but is not really country. And even here in CD I have read how "hordes of hispanic cockroaches are damaging our community"

And no, they are not talking about the little animals with many legs, they are talking about people. Actually there was a post about the Manassas Mall being invaded by "brown" people. I have a lot of friends in Manassas and they are all legal law abiding citizens. But I guess they have the wrong color of skin

So yeah, there is racism everywhere.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:30 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,895,174 times
I was born and raised in Florida and lived most of my life in the Tampa Bay area. I witnessed more racism in Florida than I ever did in any location I've lived in since. (That list includes Nashville, TN, Memphis, TN, New Orleans, LA, and Houston, TX.)

Did anyone cover this subject ?

Wolf Blitzer: Racist Attack On CNN Camerawoman At Republican National Convention Was 'Truly Shocking' (VIDEO)

Old 09-11-2012, 07:37 AM

^^^ The peanut throwing incident at the black camera woman... that is pathetic.

But how do we know that the people throwing peanuts at this woman were from Tampa, or FL for that matter? Maybe they were visiting from elsewhere, which I bet, is VERY likely.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:19 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:

But how do we know that the people throwing peanuts at this woman were from Tampa, or FL for that matter? Maybe they were visiting from elsewhere, which I bet, is VERY likely.
Agree^^. Yes, racism is widespread. I agree too about what you experienced in WNC. Even in Asheville I encountered it often - really made me cringe. Was so glad I never moved there (NC) which we almost did.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:18 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,895,174 times
Quote:

You're right ComSense, They very well could have been from somewhere else. When I heard the story, I just assumed they were from the Bay Area because their actions and things they said were very common things said freely when I lived there. Especially in Eastern Hillsborough County and Polk.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Agree^^. Yes, racism is widespread. I agree too about what you experienced in WNC. Even in Asheville I encountered it often - really made me cringe. Was so glad I never moved there (NC) which we almost did.

Haven't ecountered any of that in AVL. Of course, everyone in AVL is from somewhere else, where perhaps things aren't said aloud like that. But in the sticks of NC, absolutely.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:51 PM

495 posts, read 2,329,471 times
The most extreme degree of racism is when it results in racially motivated violence.

Like in the case of Emmet Till who was murdered in Mississippi by white racists in 1955 for "dissing" a white mans wife.

But white on black racist violence which used to be common during the Jim Crow Era is rare now whereas black on white racist violence is epidemic now compared to the reverse.

Here are eleven white Emmit Tills who were murdered by black racists for being "disrespected"

Thomas Cunningham Murdered in front of his young daughter when his dog "dissed" a black thug by sniffing him.

Chris Kernich, Beaten to death after he "dissed" some black thugs by yelling "Watch where you are going" after almost being run down by their car.

Evelyn Wagler Burned alive for "dissing" black thugs by being seen walking on the sidewalk in their neighborhood.

Darrel Johnson Beaten to death for "dissing" 3 black thugs by walking with a cane near his home.

James Wilbur Lybrand III Shot in the head for"dissing" black thugs by walking on a public street.

Troy Knapp Beaten to death for dissing a black mob by riding his bicycle on a public street

Jerry Newington Brutally stomped to death by black mob for dissing them with his presence on a public street

Wendy Fisher. Gunned down by a black thug in front of her home for "disrespecting him by yelling at his speeding car to slow down after it nearly ran over her dog

Andrew Arosemena
Shot in the head and murdered for dissing a car full of blacks blocking the exit of a parking garage by telling them to "Hurry up"

Carl Berry Beaten to death for dissing a group of 6 black thugs with the wrong kind of eye contact.

Gordon Rees Jr. Gunned down on the street for dissing blacks in a car driving recklessly by yelling for them to slow down

All well documented at this link:

Black racism and race hatred of non blacks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida