Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2012, 07:13 PM

11 posts, read 23,814 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone.

My first ever post on C-D.

A little of my background.

Currently, semi-retired and living near SE Florida in a small city .... 46 years of age, divorced w/ no children.

I'm considering a move to an expensive High Rise Condo in Sunny Isles Beach or The Villages in Central Florida. I've been to Aventura & Sunny Isles many times and I like the vibe and diversity, but traffic and the Condo I want is only a 1BR and very pricy. I've passed some time in Central Florida and the East Coast and it's very beautiful. Only drawback with The Villages is 100% Retirees and there isn't much to do, but I kind of like that small town feel. Sunny Isles is very lively and busy.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 07:26 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,418,446 times
Not familiar w/ Sunny Isles but we visited The Villages a couple of years ago and it was great - there's tons of activities (literally 7-800) for singles as well as couples - it was very impressive to say the least, everyone was so friendly and we really liked it although we ended up elsewhere for other reasons. For more info, you can do a Lifestyle Visit (LSV) where you'd spend several days there - no pressure at all to buy - for more info, contact them, also check out Talk of The Villages, their message board/forum, where you can read about The Villages and ask any questions for more info about anything, it's very helpful. Best of luck.

PS I dont believe The Villages has high-rise condo's but they have plenty of single-family homes in all different price ranges (new and older)

Old 04-24-2012, 07:37 AM

27,168 posts, read 43,857,618 times
The Villages will be a snore for you if you value any vibrancy or diversity. I think you would much prefer SE Florida and would urge you to expand your horizons a bit beyond the expensive one bedroom unit in Sunny Isles, there's a lot more out there.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:25 AM

Thanks for your HELP. I'm not that old @ 46. I think I will choose Sunny Isles ........ More comments are welcomed.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:34 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,001,927 times
You are 46, I see no reason to go to the villages just yet. Sunny Isles is a nice area and you have Miami and Miami Beach right down the street. Traffic on the barrier island is not bad at all unless there is a big event. You can drive from Sunny Isles to Miami Beach in 20mins 25mins to Downtown Miami. You have all the things you want living in a large city.

You like sports? College and Pro Sports big 4 city. Shows, Museums, Beach right there, any type of food you can think of, bars etc.. If you were 76 I would say other wise. But IMO if you want things to do with different people go to Sunny Isles.

Is the one bedroom on the beach? Do you want/need to be on the beach? There are other neighborhoods in the area that are more walkable and vibrant.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:44 PM

Thanks FlyMia. I'd like to be ON THE Beach. Jade Beach Condo seems to have it all but very pricy. But I like high end Condo buildings. JB has it all - I think. I could invest across the street and pay less I suppose. I enjoy walking on the Beach, .... I suppose that's the price of admission to enter the good life in Sunny Isles.

What U think ?

Old 04-24-2012, 02:24 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,001,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozart souza View Post
Thanks FlyMia. I'd like to be ON THE Beach. Jade Beach Condo seems to have it all but very pricy. But I like high end Condo buildings. JB has it all - I think. I could invest across the street and pay less I suppose. I enjoy walking on the Beach, .... I suppose that's the price of admission to enter the good life in Sunny Isles.

What U think ?
If you want ON the beach I think Sunny Isles is a great choice. The buildings there are great, the beach there is great and the location is good for an easy drive to things such as Miami Beach, Downtown, Aventura Mall, airports etc.. its a nice location. Of course there is a price for being on the beach and being in one of the higher end buildings but IMO if you only need a 1 bedroom and it fits the budget I don't see why not. I would rather be on the beach in a great building than across the street in a large apartment if I did not need the room.

I was also going to reccomend Brickell/Downtown and Miami Beach but Miami Beach ON the beach is even more pricey and Downtown/Brickell although IMO a better neighborhood with good public transit and walkable is not on the beach. IMO Sunny Isles is your best bet. However you could look further north in Hallandale Beach and other areas of Broward which are on the beach, it may be a little bit cheaper and a bit further from Miami Beach/Miami.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:55 PM

2 posts, read 6,502 times
If you want ON the beach I think Sunny Isles is a great choice.http://www.dailyforexrates.info/g.gif (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida