Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 08:24 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,466,347 times

Advertisements

It bothers me too that they are not done counting ballots. But who can blame them, when we have a 10 page ballot. I will say that took a while to feed in each page to the machine. So I can only imagine the officials having to go it for all the ballots they received.

I can see why they wanted to put everything on the ballot, as more people turn out for this elections verses other election times during the year. But 10 pages was too long.

Took me 10 minutes from the time I parked to the time I got back in to my car and I'm in Miami. My precinct is small, so it wasn't so busy compared to precincts with larger amounts of people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 09:44 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,524,349 times
There are other states as of yesterday that weren't done counting either. The thing is FL was so close they couldn't project the vote while others could reliable "call it". This isn't another hanging chad or malfunction. It's the 3rd or 4th biggest state so a lot of precincts aren't done and a lot of absentee ballots aren't in. You could look at other states and just look at "precinct reporting percentages"

Old 11-09-2012, 10:15 AM

151 posts, read 183,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
Completely untrue.

Point blank, we have too many idiots voting.

End of story.
It wasn't the voters' fault. You are blaming the victims. My area and the precints around us where among the ones that had the longest lines. People waited 5 and 6 hours to vote, but only took a few minutes to fill out the forms. There were elderly people, disabled people, small children waiting in that horrible sun for hours. I know voters didn't take long because I watched this process.

The reason it was slow:

- 10 page ballot with ammendments that only appealed to the tea party. Ridiculous for a swing state.
- The workers were poorly trained
- They lacked reading machines
- They put several precints together, making the manual check in process more dificult and longer
- Too many registered voters in some precints, bad planning
- High voter turnout
- The supervisor of elections, Mayor of Miami and state governor are a bunch of incompents who blamed each other instead of fixing the problem when TSHTF during early voing. Townsley needs to get fired ASAP and the other two will not get reelected

I will sign any petition against these people in a heartbeat.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:45 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Completely untrue.

End of story.
People who vote are idiots?

Old 11-09-2012, 12:39 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,611,888 times
Quote:
Completely untrue.

End of story.

Be prepared for the idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
What are your ideas as to "streamline" the voting process?

I don't know exactly. I wouldn't know how to put robots on mars either. Doesn't mean it can't be done.

States with record turn out and other states that were in states of emergency due to hurricane Sandy were somehow able to get their votes counted.

In a battleground state, where it's known that the vote will be close, and that an accurate count will be needed, it seems like they would have extended early voting and not cut it. Would have thought to hire more people. Increase the number of voting centers, not decrease the number. The state comes off as inept with an air of corruption and manipulation.

Imagine if the race had been close and Fla's electoral votes were in play.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:41 PM

91 posts, read 222,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Where is W? View Post
It wasn't the voters' fault. You are blaming the victims.
It sort of is... we got in this situation by electing people who let it happen. The first time this happened your point is valid, but this isn't the first time in recent memory Florida presidential voting went off the rails.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straegen View Post
It sort of is... we got in this situation by electing people who let it happen. The first time this happened your point is valid, but this isn't the first time in recent memory Florida presidential voting went off the rails.
To me it is. I vote in 2004 and 2008 without any issues

The 2000 problem was a totally different animal, the national election was too close so any irregularity in voting came to light. Besides this time the problem was Miami back then it was other counties. Had it been Ohio or Viginia the too close to call deciding electoral votes, they would have had the similar issues in 2000.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:36 PM

LMAO of course the usual suspects Rickie and his republicans team were behind this

You see Robyn55, I was right after all and you know what the sad part is? I'm not even a Democrat and I suspected the republicans were behind this:

Florida elections chief: 'We could have done better' - Florida - MiamiHerald.com

Old 11-10-2012, 01:51 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,205,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Where is W? View Post
It wasn't the voters' fault. You are blaming the victims. My area and the precints around us where among the ones that had the longest lines. People waited 5 and 6 hours to vote, but only took a few minutes to fill out the forms. There were elderly people, disabled people, small children waiting in that horrible sun for hours. I know voters didn't take long because I watched this process.

The reason it was slow:

- 10 page ballot with ammendments that only appealed to the tea party. Ridiculous for a swing state.
- The workers were poorly trained
- They lacked reading machines
- They put several precints together, making the manual check in process more dificult and longer
- Too many registered voters in some precints, bad planning
- High voter turnout
- The supervisor of elections, Mayor of Miami and state governor are a bunch of incompents who blamed each other instead of fixing the problem when TSHTF during early voing. Townsley needs to get fired ASAP and the other two will not get reelected

I will sign any petition against these people in a heartbeat.
THIS

Old 11-10-2012, 01:31 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
State has just declared Obama the winner of Florida, very close one..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida