Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 07:32 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times

Advertisements

When we go to the store or a flea market and buy something it is ours. If we pull something from the trash, it is also ours. You could buy an antique car and let it sit in storage for decades and it's still yours. Even if you saved your family heirlooms, they are still yours. Then why are we not allowed to own our homes outright? Why did our right to own property get taken away from us? Why has there not been a revolt? Why do so many of us just bend over and let our right to own property be denied to us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 07:33 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,192,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
When we go to the store or a flea market and buy something it is ours. If we pull something from the trash, it is also ours. You could buy an antique car and let it sit in storage for decades and it's still yours. Even if you saved your family heirlooms, they are still yours. Then why are we not allowed to own our homes outright? Why did our right to own property get taken away from us? Why has there not been a revolt? Why do so many of us just bend over and let our right to own property be denied to us?
I don't understand the question.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:40 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,645,946 times
are you talking about hoa's?

Old 11-14-2007, 07:45 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
I own my home outright as in NO mortgage.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:22 PM

93 posts, read 371,034 times
Default No more property taxes!

I believe he's talking about no more property taxes. Yes, you may not have a mortgage but if you don't pay your property taxes the government will put a lien against your home.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:25 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,235,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I own my home outright as in NO mortgage.
Do you really own it outright? If you don't pay the government "rent" for it in the form of property tax, will you be allowed to keep it?

Old 11-14-2007, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving123456 View Post
Do you really own it outright? If you don't pay the government "rent" for it in the form of property tax, will you be allowed to keep it?
I didn't understand he meant no property tax, I own it outright as in no mortgage but of course I have to pay property tax, just like everyone else in the US.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:46 PM

93 posts, read 371,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I didn't understand he meant no property tax, I own it outright as in no mortgage but of course I have to pay property tax, just like everyone else in the US.
Yes, we all have to pay different types of taxes but not all states have a property tax. If they do put a lien against your home for several years of non payment, will they or can they even actually foreclose on it?

Old 11-14-2007, 09:17 PM

497 posts, read 1,567,033 times
If we ever went strictly by the Constitution we would be paying next to nothing for taxes. The only thing the government would be able to collect taxes for is the military. Education is the responsibility of the parents. You could make an argument that the government should provide for roads and highways but that's about it.

As for the federal government, as much as I am a big fan of President Bush his worse decision he ever did was subsidizing oil companies and the airlines. The government has no right to give my tax money to private companies any more than Hillary Clinton has any right to steal the profits from said companies. The problem is both parties are irresponsible in opposite directions. This is why I believe the Constitution Party is what we need running the country right now. Government schools are nothing more than liberal indoctrination centers. Special interest groups like the gays are pushing their radical agenda in schools instead of just teaching kids reading, writing, and arithmetic.

Kids are being given lap tops instead of pencils and paper. I filled out an application for a job a couple years ago and part of the application was you had to hand write in cursive your autobiography. Well, I had to practice this because with computers I barely even print any more never mind hand write something. About the only thing I write any more is my signature. I bet most kids won't even be able to do that without a computer by the time they graduate. How about less computers and more writing in school. You can still have and use computers but lets teach kids how to use pen and paper first.

So I believe this country needs to go back to a strict interpretation of the Constitution before we lose our country. That includes enforcing the 1st Amendment that says we have the right to freely exercise our religion. This country was founded on Judeo Christian Principles and the liberals in this country have been destroying these principles for years. We need to return to our Christian roots or this country will not stand. All you have to do is look around at what is happening in this country to see that.

Anyway, I will step off my soap box before I get totally carried away.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysDreamer View Post
Yes, we all have to pay different types of taxes but not all states have a property tax. If they do put a lien against your home for several years of non payment, will they or can they even actually foreclose on it?
I was not aware that all states didn't have property tax. AND yes if you go long enough not paying your property taxes here, the county will sell off your debt to a third party and you will have to pay them AND if you don't, they can put a lien on your property and reposess it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida