Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2013, 05:44 PM

892 posts, read 1,578,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
I think the problem may be that a lot of people, feel that regardless of ones skills and knowledge or the type of job it should result in high paying jobs. I dont remember any time in my 56 years of life where those with minimal skills or aptitude earned more than the minimum wage or a little more. Those people worked in grocery stores, supermarkets, retail stores, or performed manual labor. Those who got training and garnered experience in their fields were the ones who got the higher pay. In your world it seems to be that one needs a union to get the high wage regardless of aptitude or knowledge. The downside to that is there are a lot of people in other countries that can and will do the job for less. Then your union isn't doing any good for anybody because the company out sourced their work to stay in business. Since it is a fact that every state in the U.S. is a right to work state besides Montana, where are these side effects? \
I really don't feel like arguing with you.

"In your world".....that's priceless.

I've got news for you pal......I have always been lauded for my hard core work ethic and proficiency by customers, clients, and employers alike.....

And that means less down here than just about anywhere else I've ever been.

I would like to see everything "black and white" like you do, but unfortunately, life contains much "grey area".

Old 12-14-2013, 05:48 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,151,675 times
I didnt think we were arguing. I thought it was a discussion. I do see things in black and white.
When I was younger things were much more clouded. I too have been lauded for my work ethic and proficiency so I know where you are coming from. Bringing those attributes here allowed me to succeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
I really don't feel like arguing with you.

"In your world".....that's priceless.

I've got news for you pal......I have always been lauded for my hard core work ethic and proficiency by customers, clients, and employers alike.....

And that means less down here than just about anywhere else I've ever been.

I would like to see everything "black and white" like you do, but unfortunately, life contains much "grey area".

Old 12-14-2013, 06:03 PM

892 posts, read 1,578,891 times
Quote:
I didnt think we were arguing. I thought it was a discussion. I do see things in black and white.
When I was younger things were much more clouded. I too have been lauded for my work ethic and proficiency so I know where you are coming from. Bringing those attributes here allowed me to succeed.
I'm glad those attributes have helped you succeed.....

I have not experienced the same results unfortunately.....

once again, "grey area".

Old 12-14-2013, 08:21 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,952,281 times
Quote:
Where you are they call them "waterbugs".
No. We would call them giant humongous ugly cockroaches.

Old 12-14-2013, 11:36 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smith555 View Post
i feel that Florida is beautiful probably too beautiful
.Warm weather and beaches..A veritable paradise.

Old 12-15-2013, 05:25 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,468,462 times
Lets just say the better your job and the more money you have, the better the area is. If you're "down and out", struggling because your profession/job/career choice isn't in high demand (ie graphic designer) or you're penniless, the state will be a tough one for you to enjoy. But if you have income, and a job you enjoy, the place is nice, especially this time of year when the rest of the country is experiencing this......

Old 12-15-2013, 05:43 AM

27,231 posts, read 43,984,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Lets just say the better your job and the more money you have, the better the area is. If you're "down and out", struggling because your profession/job/career choice isn't in high demand (ie graphic designer) or you're penniless, the state will be a tough one for you to enjoy. But if you have income, and a job you enjoy, the place is nice, especially this time of year when the rest of the country is experiencing this......
^^^ Yikes, where is that?

Old 12-15-2013, 05:53 AM

You have made a very good point there Buc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post

Old 12-15-2013, 05:54 AM

Yes Jambo. Days just idled away laying under a palm tree watching the waves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
.Warm weather and beaches..A veritable paradise.

Old 12-15-2013, 05:55 AM

530 posts, read 1,461,561 times
LOL prime example of that pic. I love all of what Florida has to offer from the heat, thunderstorms to the panhandle to the keys. Get a good trade or skill and you'll have a good paying job! I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida