Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2013, 10:36 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,910,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3311 View Post
"Enjoying", yea hardly, you spend all your time on CD Forum trolling about how great the move you made to FL was, doubt you even leave the house. What are you enjoying exactly?
Before I became disabled, I enjoyed many state parks, beaches, biking, nature trails, golf, dining out, the pool, the great weather etc. Since becoming disabled, I have been more limited.....but still manage to enjoy some outdoor time. Not sure if you are aware, but you can post to CD using mobile devices.

Assuming I have a successful surgery and can get back to the health I had, I plan on resuming full active outdoor activities that we love in Florida.

Even with my disability, I seem to enjoy more of Florida than some complainers do. Seems to me they need to change their outlook on life and their attitude.

Old 12-16-2013, 10:57 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,142,671 times
First off, the state unemployment rate is 6.7 pct, not the highest in the country. The unemployment rate in Spring Hill is 13.10 pct but the projected job growth is 27.30.

Of course Spring Hill's population is 80 percent migrant. Spring Hill was built for people to migrate to. The Mackel Brothers bought up a whole lot of useless scrub land and turned into something.

Since 1992 the violent crime rate in FL has dropped significantly. Spring Hill does have a lot of crime. No doubt about that. Most of the violent crime is propounded on people who know each other or have a connection in some way shape or form. It is not that innocent bystanders are getting killed in shoot outs. When population goes up so does the crime rate. Between 2000 and 2010 Hernando County's population grew by 43 percent.

Starting salary for a Hernando County Firefighter is $40k a year. Starting in Tampa is 37k and in NYC it is #39k. All within a couple of thousand dollars of each other.

Your statements regarding retirees is absurd. The over 65 population is less than 22 percent. I don't see too much power held by such a minority.
Hernando County boasts over 110 manufacturing companies in the county, providing over 1500 jobs. Businesses make products such as decorative aluminum fencing, pharmaceuticals, LED lighting, to industrial ice cream machines. - See more at: Hernando County Proclaims National Manufacturing Day

I can't imagine 70,000 households lining up at the transfer stations to dump their trash.
Nor could I imagine a volunteer fire department. The City of Brooksville has had a professional fire department since 1912. I could not imagine a volunteer fire department. Th

Your usage of the term "yankee" certainly shows the ignorance of people that were born and raised in the south. Maybe you folks should update your vocabulary to "Northerners". The only Yankees I know of is a baseball team.

I can't imagine 70,000 households lining up at the transfer stations to dump their trash.
Nor could I imagine a volunteer fire department.

Best of luck to you on your relocation.

Hernando County boasts over 110 manufacturing companies in the county, providing over 1500 jobs. Businesses make products such as decorative aluminum fencing, pharmaceuticals, LED lighting, to industrial ice cream machines. - See more at: Hernando County Proclaims National Manufacturing Day

Hernando County boasts over 110 manufacturing companies in the county, providing over 1500 jobs. Businesses make products such as decorative aluminum fencing, pharmaceuticals, LED lighting, to industrial ice cream machines. - See more at: Hernando County Proclaims National Manufacturing Day County boasts over 110 manufacturing companies in the county, providing over 1500 jobs. Businesses make products such as decorative aluminum fencing, pharmaceuticals, LED lighting, to industrial ice cream machines. - See more at: Hernando County Proclaims National Manufacturing Day

\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bova Fett View Post
Native Floridians consider Florida to be a bad place... the migrants from up North and from out West have ruined everything south of I-4, and they are working on ruining everything south of Gainesville.

Florida used to have low unemployment, low crime, low pollution, and a person could find a good job, buy a nice house, leave your windows open at night, send your kids off to good schools, not have to worry about traffic jams, and retire early... my grandparents were able to retire back in the 80's at the age of 45 and 50.

Today Florida is becoming a crime ridden extended version of Miami. The schools are horrible, the entire state is over crowded to the point of absurdity, we have the highest unemployment in the nation, crime especially violent crime is skyrocketing, South Florida has more crime then parts of California has, the schools all need metal detectors now in areas where the population is over 50% migrants, and the traffic... up North they must forget to train Yankees how to drive.

My wife and I who are both natives live just north of Tampa, around the Spring Hill / Brooksville area and moved out of Tampa because we thought this area would be better. We were wrong. Spring Hill has a migrant population of over 80% and in turn West Hernando County where Spring Hill is located has a 45% unemployment rate, and has more crime per capita then Tampa has. The Brooksville side of the County (the eastern side) is great and is the exact opposite. This is because Brooksville and East Hernando County is almost entirely made up of old native farming families, or natives who have sought refuge in Brooksville from Tampa and Orlando.

In short we hate it. We love Brooksville, but again there is no work up here so I'm stuck driving an hour down to Tampa to work along with everyone else that has a job in Hernando County. The only people who have jobs in Hernando are the Yankees who all work in local government. Its impossible to get a job in local government because they will only hire other Yankees, or members of their family from up north! I know this to be true because I have had interviews with local government, and have found out that I lost out to a person who had the same last name as the manager of the dept. I was applying for, or the same last name of the interviewer. I have filed numerous complaints that have gone unanswered with the County and the State.

Since the local Hernando County gov. is run by Yankees, and because the population of Yankee controlled Spring Hill dwarfs the native population in Hernando, the laws and taxes in Hernando and throughout Florida where Yankees have infested the place, are beginning mimic laws and taxes that you would find in New Jersey, New York, or Philly. For example the fire fighters in Hernando make just as much as the fire fighters do in Tampa, Miami, and even New York City!!! Hernando only has a population of 100,000 people. There is no need to have a professional fire dept. in this county, we can easily get by with volunteers which we did for decades until the 1990's when a bunch of retirees demanded that we have a professional fire dept like they used to have back in New York.

On top of the fire dept., the local garbage union, which is full of Yankees, forced the local Yankee run government to pass a law that requires everyone to pay for trash service... this is pointless. The county has three dumps and everyone takes their own trash to the dump. If you don't pay for the service then the county takes your house.

The local real estate lobby, which is full of Yankees, greased the palms of the Yankee County Commission to get them to ban chickens and pigs from being raised in Spring Hill... Spring Hill up until 1987 had the largest chicken plant in Florida, and was the third largest producer of pigs for slaughter... today the chicken plant and the pig farms are closed.

The Yankee retirees in Hernando have so much power that they virtually ran off a dozen or so major employers who were trying to build in Hernando County. Need I remind you that Hernando has an official unemployment rate of over 40% if you count those who can no longer collect unemployment benefits. Amazon, Bass Pro Shops, the US Air Force spy drone program, Colt firearms, and Magpull have all been told that Hernando doesn't want their business, because the retirees don't want these businesses in Hernando, because they were concerned that it might clog roads.

I could go on and on but you get the point. Hopefully you can see a trend emerging here.

Natives hate Florida because its has been ruined by Yankees.

My wife and I are considering either moving out of state, to North Texas or Oklahoma, or moving so far north in Florida, that we will never, EVER, have to worry about Yankees for a long time.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:28 AM

693 posts, read 1,139,073 times
Quote:
Native Floridians consider Florida to be a bad place... the migrants from up North and from out West have ruined everything south of I-4, and they are working on ruining everything south of Gainesville.

Florida used to have low unemployment, low crime, low pollution, and a person could find a good job, buy a nice house, leave your windows open at night, send your kids off to good schools, not have to worry about traffic jams, and retire early... my grandparents were able to retire back in the 80's at the age of 45 and 50.

Today Florida is becoming a crime ridden extended version of Miami. The schools are horrible, the entire state is over crowded to the point of absurdity, we have the highest unemployment in the nation, crime especially violent crime is skyrocketing, South Florida has more crime then parts of California has, the schools all need metal detectors now in areas where the population is over 50% migrants, and the traffic... up North they must forget to train Yankees how to drive.

My wife and I who are both natives live just north of Tampa, around the Spring Hill / Brooksville area and moved out of Tampa because we thought this area would be better. We were wrong. Spring Hill has a migrant population of over 80% and in turn West Hernando County where Spring Hill is located has a 45% unemployment rate, and has more crime per capita then Tampa has. The Brooksville side of the County (the eastern side) is great and is the exact opposite. This is because Brooksville and East Hernando County is almost entirely made up of old native farming families, or natives who have sought refuge in Brooksville from Tampa and Orlando.

In short we hate it. We love Brooksville, but again there is no work up here so I'm stuck driving an hour down to Tampa to work along with everyone else that has a job in Hernando County. The only people who have jobs in Hernando are the Yankees who all work in local government. Its impossible to get a job in local government because they will only hire other Yankees, or members of their family from up north! I know this to be true because I have had interviews with local government, and have found out that I lost out to a person who had the same last name as the manager of the dept. I was applying for, or the same last name of the interviewer. I have filed numerous complaints that have gone unanswered with the County and the State.

Since the local Hernando County gov. is run by Yankees, and because the population of Yankee controlled Spring Hill dwarfs the native population in Hernando, the laws and taxes in Hernando and throughout Florida where Yankees have infested the place, are beginning mimic laws and taxes that you would find in New Jersey, New York, or Philly. For example the fire fighters in Hernando make just as much as the fire fighters do in Tampa, Miami, and even New York City!!! Hernando only has a population of 100,000 people. There is no need to have a professional fire dept. in this county, we can easily get by with volunteers which we did for decades until the 1990's when a bunch of retirees demanded that we have a professional fire dept like they used to have back in New York.

On top of the fire dept., the local garbage union, which is full of Yankees, forced the local Yankee run government to pass a law that requires everyone to pay for trash service... this is pointless. The county has three dumps and everyone takes their own trash to the dump. If you don't pay for the service then the county takes your house.

The local real estate lobby, which is full of Yankees, greased the palms of the Yankee County Commission to get them to ban chickens and pigs from being raised in Spring Hill... Spring Hill up until 1987 had the largest chicken plant in Florida, and was the third largest producer of pigs for slaughter... today the chicken plant and the pig farms are closed.

The Yankee retirees in Hernando have so much power that they virtually ran off a dozen or so major employers who were trying to build in Hernando County. Need I remind you that Hernando has an official unemployment rate of over 40% if you count those who can no longer collect unemployment benefits. Amazon, Bass Pro Shops, the US Air Force spy drone program, Colt firearms, and Magpull have all been told that Hernando doesn't want their business, because the retirees don't want these businesses in Hernando, because they were concerned that it might clog roads.

I could go on and on but you get the point. Hopefully you can see a trend emerging here.

Natives hate Florida because its has been ruined by Yankees.

My wife and I are considering either moving out of state, to North Texas or Oklahoma, or moving so far north in Florida, that we will never, EVER, have to worry about Yankees for a long time.
Well arent you a breath of fresh air! How long have you been blaming all that isnt right in your life on Yankees? Do you think the things you point out are any different anywhere else, crime, unemployment, lack of jobs, etc, etc... I am beginning to believe the only friendly upbeat people are those that arent native to Florida.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:40 AM

2 posts, read 4,389 times
And Florida is still selling swamp land today to buyers. Lots of crooks who founded modern Florida sold underwater lots to suckered 'northerners' until they got caught.

But today in Florida you can sell land which is soon to be underwater perfectly legal. And at a high price I might add!

Last edited by Sunscape; 12-19-2013 at 06:11 AM..

Old 12-16-2013, 11:46 AM

26 posts, read 36,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
First off, the state unemployment rate is 6.7 pct, not the highest in the country. The unemployment rate in Spring Hill is 13.10 pct but the projected job growth is 27.30.
If you use the Federal Government's figures then you are correct. However these figures are false. They do not count those who no longer receive benefits or have stopped looking for a new job. If you factor these people back into the figures then Florida has the highest unemployment rate in the nation, and Hernando County has the highest unemployment rate in Florida. Flaggler is second.

Also job growth in Hernando = that they will build another Wal-Mart, Target, or McDonalds. The only jobs in Hernando are service jobs to cater to the migrants who are mostly retired. Also factored into this 27.30 is construction jobs, which are mostly filled by illegal immigrants. I hear that Blaze wants to build another thousand empty houses that will further depress the real estate market so there you go. Also after the retirees ran off Bass Pro Shops, Colt, the USAF spy drone program, and Amazon.com I seriously doubt that even with another Wal-Mart, Target, and a handful of new McDonalds that we will even scratch 10% much less 27.3%.

You can not support a family on the wages earned at service jobs, or swinging a hammer. Hence why everyone I know that lives in Hernando has to trek 2+ hours round trip to Tampa, Orlando, or Lakeland to a real job.

Quote:
Of course Spring Hill's population is 80 percent migrant. Spring Hill was built for people to migrate to. The Mackel Brothers bought up a whole lot of useless scrub land and turned into something.
Wrong... Spring Hill was a vibrant farming community that was settled by people from Georgia and South Carolina back in the 1840's. Spring Hill was home to the largest chicken processing plant in Florida and had the third largest pig farming system in the state. Heck Spring Hill was home to the world chicken plucking contest at one time. Tyson even had a processing plant in Spring Hill.

The Mackel Brothers by way of the County Commissioners they bribed passed laws that virtually outlawed the chicken and pig industries in Spring Hill, and then bought the land after they drove these business and farmers off their land.

Quote:
Since 1992 the violent crime rate in FL has dropped significantly. Spring Hill does have a lot of crime. No doubt about that. Most of the violent crime is propounded on people who know each other or have a connection in some way shape or form. It is not that innocent bystanders are getting killed in shoot outs. When population goes up so does the crime rate. Between 2000 and 2010 Hernando County's population grew by 43 percent.
https://hernandoheckler.wordpress.co...al-of-florida/

FBI — Early 2012 Crime Statistics

Hernando County from 1993 until 2010 was regarded as the murder capital of Florida. According to the FBI crime stats, the per capita crime rate (especially violent crimes and burglaries) in Spring Hill/crimes committed in Hernando County by someone from Spring Hill was 30% higher then crime in Tampa or Miami.

Spring Hill is about 80% transplant, hence why we have such a high crime rate. Its simple logic.

Quote:
Starting salary for a Hernando County Firefighter is $40k a year. Starting in Tampa is 37k and in NYC it is #39k. All within a couple of thousand dollars of each other.
You're missing the point... Hernando County has what 100,000 - 150,000 people? Why do we need to have a professional fire dept, and get hosed on our taxes to pay for this professional fire dept, when other County's in Florida with higher populations have 100% volunteer fire departments and pay $0 in taxes for this service?

Again the retirees from up north demanded that we have a fire dept. like they "had" back up North.

Quote:
Your statements regarding retirees is absurd. The over 65 population is less than 22 percent. I don't see too much power held by such a minority.
Not everyone in Hernando that is a Yankee retiree is over 65. Many current retirees are between the ages of 40-65. The population of Spring Hill is roughly 85,000, and 80% of them are Yankees, with the majority of them falling in the 40-65 year old retired camp. The age of the retiree depends on which union they belonged too.

Quote:
If I wasn't an avid listener to Bob Haa I'd have to believe these figures, but long ago Bob Haa exposed this as a farce. Per Bob and WWJB these 110 companies only employ about 400 people, which doesn't even make up 1%.

Quote:
Until 2000 70,000+ households in Spring Hill did this without any issue. That was until of course the local teamsters threw a fit, and Gus Spangolio from Waste Management worked with the Yankees on the board to make a cherry deal.

Quote:
Nor could I imagine a volunteer fire department. The City of Brooksville has had a professional fire department since 1912. I could not imagine a volunteer fire department.
Brooksville is a City, so they should have a professional fire dept. Hernando County doesn't need one and had volunteer fire departments county-wide until 1986. The sole professional fire dept. in Hernando that county residents paid taxes for was the station at the airport. All of the other locations, including Spring Hill, were volunteer.

Quote:
Your usage of the term "yankee" certainly shows the ignorance of people that were born and raised in the south. Maybe you folks should update your vocabulary to "Northerners". The only Yankees I know of is a baseball team.
If you were born North of the Mason-Dixon line then you are a Yankee. A northerner to a person from the South is someone from Virginia or Kentucky. I also should be more clear.

A Yankee is someone that does not live in Florida, and is down here visiting or has just moved here. This person remains a Yankee until they assimilate and become a Floridian or Cracker, or until they stagnate and refuse to assimilate and in that case they become a guido.

Maybe you folks should assimilate or consider moving back if the North is so great.

Quote:
Nor could I imagine a volunteer fire department.
No need to imagine, both happened in Hernando for decades, hell nearly an entire century before the natives lost control of the county.

Quote:
Best of luck to you on your relocation.
Thank you... can't wait to get out of this hell hole. I'm not the only one, my neighbor who moved down here in 1977 from Boston is leaving to for the same reasons. He told me and I quote "I moved down here to get away from these people, their laws, and their taxes. I guess I forgot to shut the damn door when I left because sure enough these jerks followed me down here."

Old 12-16-2013, 11:50 AM

Ah the ole underwater property story. First heard that one 40 years ago. Anyone in their right mind is going to look at the property they are buying, in person. I dont know how that silly story continues to perpetuate. Dont forget, Disney World was built on swamp land.

For your information, the percentage of people with Hispanic and/or Latin heritgage is a bit over 23 percent according to the U.S. Census.

Also, 26 pct of the population has a bachelors degree or higher.

Having a PhD doesnt make you anything more than overly educated. Most of them I met were pompous a-holes

Last edited by Sunscape; 12-19-2013 at 06:13 AM..

Old 12-16-2013, 11:53 AM

2 posts, read 4,389 times
Quote:
Ah the ole underwater property story. First heard that one 40 years ago. Anyone in their right mind is going to look at the property they are buying, in person. I dont know how that silly story continues to perpetuate. Dont forget, Disney World was built on swamp land.

For your information, the percentage of people with Hispanic and/or Latin heritgage is a bit over 23 percent according to the U.S. Census.

Also, 26 pct of the population has a bachelors degree or higher.

Having a PhD doesnt make you anything more than overly educated. Most of them I met were pompous a-holes

Hehe, can I interest you in an ocean front lot? Better buy now, just make that check out and sign here...

Thanks, its good know 75% of folks don't got no advanced D-gree down there.

I'm sure there are worse places than Florida, but man, I hope I never find them.

Old 12-16-2013, 12:06 PM

Once I got to the part where you mentioned you listened to Bob Haa (RIP) I stopped reading.

Is this where you get your insane thoughts? hernandoheckler.wordpress.com

You're dismissed.

Quote:
If you use the Federal Government's figures then you are correct. However these figures are false. They do not count those who no longer receive benefits or have stopped looking for a new job. If you factor these people back into the figures then Florida has the highest unemployment rate in the nation, and Hernando County has the highest unemployment rate in Florida. Flaggler is second.

Also job growth in Hernando = that they will build another Wal-Mart, Target, or McDonalds. The only jobs in Hernando are service jobs to cater to the migrants who are mostly retired. Also factored into this 27.30 is construction jobs, which are mostly filled by illegal immigrants. I hear that Blaze wants to build another thousand empty houses that will further depress the real estate market so there you go. Also after the retirees ran off Bass Pro Shops, Colt, the USAF spy drone program, and Amazon.com I seriously doubt that even with another Wal-Mart, Target, and a handful of new McDonalds that we will even scratch 10% much less 27.3%.

You can not support a family on the wages earned at service jobs, or swinging a hammer. Hence why everyone I know that lives in Hernando has to trek 2+ hours round trip to Tampa, Orlando, or Lakeland to a real job.

Wrong... Spring Hill was a vibrant farming community that was settled by people from Georgia and South Carolina back in the 1840's. Spring Hill was home to the largest chicken processing plant in Florida and had the third largest pig farming system in the state. Heck Spring Hill was home to the world chicken plucking contest at one time. Tyson even had a processing plant in Spring Hill.

The Mackel Brothers by way of the County Commissioners they bribed passed laws that virtually outlawed the chicken and pig industries in Spring Hill, and then bought the land after they drove these business and farmers off their land.

https://hernandoheckler.wordpress.co...al-of-florida/

FBI — Early 2012 Crime Statistics

Hernando County from 1993 until 2010 was regarded as the murder capital of Florida. According to the FBI crime stats, the per capita crime rate (especially violent crimes and burglaries) in Spring Hill/crimes committed in Hernando County by someone from Spring Hill was 30% higher then crime in Tampa or Miami.

Spring Hill is about 80% transplant, hence why we have such a high crime rate. Its simple logic.

You're missing the point... Hernando County has what 100,000 - 150,000 people? Why do we need to have a professional fire dept, and get hosed on our taxes to pay for this professional fire dept, when other County's in Florida with higher populations have 100% volunteer fire departments and pay $0 in taxes for this service?

Again the retirees from up north demanded that we have a fire dept. like they "had" back up North.

Not everyone in Hernando that is a Yankee retiree is over 65. Many current retirees are between the ages of 40-65. The population of Spring Hill is roughly 85,000, and 80% of them are Yankees, with the majority of them falling in the 40-65 year old retired camp. The age of the retiree depends on which union they belonged too.

If I wasn't an avid listener to Bob Haa I'd have to believe these figures, but long ago Bob Haa exposed this as a farce. Per Bob and WWJB these 110 companies only employ about 400 people, which doesn't even make up 1%.

Until 2000 70,000+ households in Spring Hill did this without any issue. That was until of course the local teamsters threw a fit, and Gus Spangolio from Waste Management worked with the Yankees on the board to make a cherry deal.

Brooksville is a City, so they should have a professional fire dept. Hernando County doesn't need one and had volunteer fire departments county-wide until 1986. The sole professional fire dept. in Hernando that county residents paid taxes for was the station at the airport. All of the other locations, including Spring Hill, were volunteer.

If you were born North of the Mason-Dixon line then you are a Yankee. A northerner to a person from the South is someone from Virginia or Kentucky. I also should be more clear.

A Yankee is someone that does not live in Florida, and is down here visiting or has just moved here. This person remains a Yankee until they assimilate and become a Floridian or Cracker, or until they stagnate and refuse to assimilate and in that case they become a guido.

Maybe you folks should assimilate or consider moving back if the North is so great.

No need to imagine, both happened in Hernando for decades, hell nearly an entire century before the natives lost control of the county.

Thank you... can't wait to get out of this hell hole. I'm not the only one, my neighbor who moved down here in 1977 from Boston is leaving to for the same reasons. He told me and I quote "I moved down here to get away from these people, their laws, and their taxes. I guess I forgot to shut the damn door when I left because sure enough these jerks followed me down here."

Old 12-16-2013, 01:50 PM

26 posts, read 36,645 times
Quote:
Once I got to the part where you mentioned you listened to Bob Haa (RIP) I stopped reading.

Is this where you get your insane thoughts? hernandoheckler.wordpress.com

You're dismissed.
You have automatically invalidated yourself with both of those comments.

Bob Haa was a radio legend in Hernando County and dished up all of the dirt in the county, and cut through the smoke screen of rainbows and lolly-pops that the Hernando Builders Association, Hernando Realators Association, Hernando Today, and Spring Hill Now spews out daily.

The Heckler has broke a dozen major local stories that the Hernando Today and Real News Real Fast were late on reporting. While the Heckler might be rough, they have inside sources that have embarrassed a lot of local politicians and businesses.

Old 12-16-2013, 03:50 PM

It is quite apparent that you do not hold any degrees.

"75% of folks don't got no advanced D-gree down there. "

In English that would be "down there, 75 percent of the folks do not have an advanced degree"

I am sure that wherever you are 75 percent of the people also do not hold advanced degrees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poertf View Post
Hehe, can I interest you in an ocean front lot? Better buy now, just make that check out and sign here...

Thanks, its good know 75% of folks don't got no advanced D-gree down there.

I'm sure there are worse places than Florida, but man, I hope I never find them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida