Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 12:36 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,396,636 times

Advertisements

it depends on where someone is moving from...We have just about everything here that Florida offers, accept the weather and palm trees...its a whole different look..We have boardwalks and beaches as South Florida we were disappointed there really werent any like here...otherwise we can do the same things here than we did there, the food is just as good also...

Old 02-05-2014, 12:41 PM

892 posts, read 1,579,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
it depends on where someone is moving from...We have just about everything here that Florida offers, accept the weather and palm trees...its a whole different look..We have boardwalks and beaches as South Florida we were disappointed there really werent any like here...otherwise we can do the same things here than we did there, the food is just as good also...

Having been stationed in NJ when I was in the Air Force....

And my mother's side of the family being from New Jersey....

And several friends from the service live in New Jersey.....

I have to say....

Other than fresh Grouper, Conch fritters, ect....

The food IS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY BETTER IN NEW JERSEY THAN IN FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-05-2014, 12:42 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,396,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post

I have to say....

The food IS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY BETTER IN NEW JERSEY THAN IN FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
your funny..yes it is but there were things in South Florida that were believe it or not..just as good..LMAO

I do like the people better here..lol but I grew up in NYC...

Old 02-05-2014, 01:05 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,159,910 times
[quote=Swimmom32;33340469]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Some people move to be closer to family that already live in Florida.

Some people like the lower cost of living.

Some people move because no state income tax.

...lower property tax compared to many states.

Some people move because they got new job that is in FL. Or got transferred to a FL position. Right now OfficeMax/Office Depot HQ is closing in Chicago and moving to FL. Those people that want to keep their jobs might move to Florida.

Some people move because of flora and fauna.[/QUOTE

Actually they are closing their huge boca location so I find that interesting maybe they are moving to another part of Florida, hubby's friend lost his job recently he was an executive...

Nope. They are staying put.

Office Depot keeping headquarters in Boca Raton - South Florida Business Journal

Old 02-05-2014, 01:06 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,180,204 times
Quote:

I have to say....

Florida doesn't smell like Jersey though.. maybe that's why food tastes better, it's actually naturally flavored.

What you wrote is completely subjective.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:07 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,159,910 times
That is great. People should live wherever it is that they are happy.

Quote:
There is an example of the "inaccurate information" you complain about ALL OF THE TIME.....

Just because somewhere is not Florida....

Doesn't mean that it is "subjected to below freezing temperatures for long periods of time"....

There are many enjoyable and comfortable temperatures other than 90+ and below freezing...

There are so many people who live elsewhere BECAUSE of the 4 season climate and all that it offers in regards to OUTDOOR RECREATION.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:15 PM

892 posts, read 1,579,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Florida doesn't smell like Jersey though.. maybe that's why food tastes better, it's actually naturally flavored.

What you wrote is completely subjective.

That is true....

What I wrote is subjective...

And so is what you wrote....

A small industrial area in New Jersey has a reputation of "smelling"....

The vast majority of the state is small towns, forests, farmland, and suburbia....

They don't call it the "garden state" because it smells like a factory...

Have you ever eaten a New Jersey Tomato?....

Best you will ever taste.....that's not subjective!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-05-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
That is true....

What I wrote is subjective...

And so is what you wrote....

A small industrial area in New Jersey has a reputation of "smelling"....

The vast majority of the state is small towns, forests, farmland, and suburbia....

They don't call it the "garden state" because it smells like a factory...

Have you ever eaten a New Jersey Tomato?....

Best you will ever taste.....that's not subjective!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, never had a tomato in Jersey, only cheese-steak/hoagies in Atlantic City (there are no tomatoes in them).

Old 02-05-2014, 01:39 PM

2,054 posts, read 3,346,962 times
You left out cheap to live in your list at the beginning. So yes, it's inexpensive to live here, it's warm, and there's a beach. The end. Unless you're an oldster. Then there's senior discounts at Wendys, plenty of shuffle board buddies, that sort of thing.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarino View Post
You left out cheap to live in your list at the beginning. So yes, it's inexpensive to live here, it's warm, and there's a beach. The end. Unless you're an oldster. Then there's senior discounts at Wendys, plenty of shuffle board buddies, that sort of thing.

""Mrs. Finkle: It was all that Dan Marino's fault, everyone knows that. If he had held the ball, laces out, like he was supposed to, Ray would never have missed that kick. Dan Marino should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?""

Ahh come on.. FL is more than that.. what about the Everglades? 3rd largest barrier reef in the world(best (ship) wreck diving everywhere), springs, caves, lakes, theme parks, space centers, college towns etc..etc.. you need to get out more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida