Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2014, 05:37 PM

28 posts, read 41,424 times

Advertisements

So I am currently looking into the endless possibilities to study in The States. Currently, the organization that will make this happen, offers a Bachelor in Business Management. I can chose between Palm Beach State College, Santa Barbara City College, Berkeley, and some others (they're too expensive)

Berkeley is too expensive, Santa Barbara doesn't offer the full bachelor's degree, so then I was looking into PBSC. I've done some research, and it seems that West Palm Beach is the area I should avoid. Or? How about Palm Beach? Is it any difference?

According to google maps, West Palm beach is around 6 miles north from the College. With a population of around 100,000 people. West Palm beach is the one with the baddest reputation. While Palm beach has 10,000 people living there. And it seems to me, that Palm Beach is the way to go. Anyway, the college has around 49,000 students. I am not racist, but I really don't want to go to a "ghetto" type of college, and I am really unsure what kind of town and college this is.

Hope somebody could help me out here... Has anybody here something they would like to share about Palm Beach? How is the community? Is it worth living there for 3 years to study Business? I mean, I have been in Florida, and it was fantastic. But I am still kinda worried about all the bad things people say about the place being ghetto and all that.

Thanks for any help I can get! I really can't see myself studying anywhere else than America.. Hope my dream comes through haha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 06:25 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
It's so heartwarming to read about your dream to study in America!

NO, don't worry it's fine. Palm Beach area can be beautiful.

They also have campuses at Palm Beach Gardens and Boca Raton. NO they cannot have 49,000 students at once LOL? Maybe they mean over all the years cumulatively.

Palm Beach State - Locations / Maps / Virtual Tours

My son lived downtown WPB by choice after college.

I don't know about the school, though, personally
. Someone else here will, though. ALSO you can request a tour if you can get here.

That is a legitimate college whereas other foreign students had programs that were not exactly "college' more like a business "program" or certificate schools. There was a thread here about that last year evaluating them all but I have no idea where.

You need to check and make sure it's actually the bachelors' degree program you think it is so you know what they're promising.

WHERE is that on here????

BAchelors in Business Management???

Maybe one of these...Business Administration? BUT it looks like it's not a four year degree and you have to transfer credits to a more limited business degree???

Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Supervision & Management

Palm Beach State - Business Administration and Entrepreneurship

Palm Beach State - Future Students

Palm Beach State - Academic Program Areas

Palm Beach State - Request a Tour of Palm Beach State College

Some mixed reviews:
https://www.google.com/search?q=palm...=UTF-8#lrd=lrd

HAHAHA . Take them with a grain of salt. If it's what you can afford, then so be it. SO Florida schools CAN have alot of party people and unserious people. You still get the degree though. Or perhaps you can transfer to another school after a year or two.

'GOOD LUCK!!! My husband came here to follow his educational dream and never left. He's now an international expert in his field.

Even if you go to this little school the opportunities are ENDLESS.

My husband owes his entire success to another foreign kid he met hanging around the library at U of Pa grad school before he ever got accepted there. ...who talked him into changing his major because of the English requirements - he couldn't pass the TOEFL for the MBA so he changed to Engineering and the kid tutored him over the summer so he could get in. They became friends for life.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 04-05-2014 at 06:44 PM..

Old 04-06-2014, 01:24 PM

28 posts, read 41,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
It's so heartwarming to read about your dream to study in America!

NO, don't worry it's fine. Palm Beach area can be beautiful.

They also have campuses at Palm Beach Gardens and Boca Raton. NO they cannot have 49,000 students at once LOL? Maybe they mean over all the years cumulatively.

Palm Beach State - Locations / Maps / Virtual Tours

My son lived downtown WPB by choice after college.

I don't know about the school, though, personally
. Someone else here will, though. ALSO you can request a tour if you can get here.

That is a legitimate college whereas other foreign students had programs that were not exactly "college' more like a business "program" or certificate schools. There was a thread here about that last year evaluating them all but I have no idea where.

You need to check and make sure it's actually the bachelors' degree program you think it is so you know what they're promising.

WHERE is that on here????

BAchelors in Business Management???

Maybe one of these...Business Administration? BUT it looks like it's not a four year degree and you have to transfer credits to a more limited business degree???

Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Supervision & Management

Palm Beach State - Business Administration and Entrepreneurship

Palm Beach State - Future Students

Palm Beach State - Academic Program Areas

Palm Beach State - Request a Tour of Palm Beach State College

Some mixed reviews:
https://www.google.com/search?q=palm...=UTF-8#lrd=lrd

HAHAHA . Take them with a grain of salt. If it's what you can afford, then so be it. SO Florida schools CAN have alot of party people and unserious people. You still get the degree though. Or perhaps you can transfer to another school after a year or two.

'GOOD LUCK!!! My husband came here to follow his educational dream and never left. He's now an international expert in his field.

Even if you go to this little school the opportunities are ENDLESS.

My husband owes his entire success to another foreign kid he met hanging around the library at U of Pa grad school before he ever got accepted there. ...who talked him into changing his major because of the English requirements - he couldn't pass the TOEFL for the MBA so he changed to Engineering and the kid tutored him over the summer so he could get in. They became friends for life.
haha, yeah I think the 49,000 was the yearly amount of students that enrolled. I believe they have like 5 campuses or so.

I think I needed to take associates, then some other different classes in order to get the bachelor. But now I have began looking into Santa Barbara city college, it would be the same price. But I am unsure of where I want to go.

Thanks SO, SO MUCH for the other information you gave me!! Really appreciate it! Really helped me out a lot!

I am glad it worked out for your husband! Was he foreign? Sorry for asking, but I would just love to know if it's any possibility for me to move to the U.S after college. It's what I've always been dreaming of, and I always will haha. What steps did he have to take to move there legally?

Thanks so much again! REALLY appreciate all the help you've given!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida