Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 06:18 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,169,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillystress215 View Post
Bad advice. Most people stick to there own by and large.

Only if they segregate themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2014, 09:34 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,340,486 times
I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why the OP is so concerned about race. The OP should be looking for a nice, fun place no matter what the race of the people there are.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:30 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,235,187 times
Florida is very diverse. I live in a neighborhood that has as many black and hispanics as whites. Everyone gets along wonderfully well, and we really enjoy it here. Id have to agree with the earlier comment that you may find a nicer area if you were to just look for a nice area, not a nice African American area.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:27 PM

31 posts, read 64,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why the OP is so concerned about race. The OP should be looking for a nice, fun place no matter what the race of the people there are.

well Im assumming Im OP and I can help so you're not so confused. I am an African American woman who just prefers to party and hang out wit people that do not make me feel uncomfortable in any way.
Its just my prefrence and everyone is entitled to their own prefrence.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occifer View Post
It's ridiculous to think that black people aren't tolerated in Florida. Black people are welcome and accepted at pretty much every bar and club around just like whites, Hispanics, Asians, and everyone else is. You won't see many black people at country-western bars, but you'll see plenty of whites and Hispanics along with blacks at most hip-hop clubs. Personally I find it a bit odd that you only want to be around black people in Florida, but that's your choice.

What Arcenal352 posted is right on. Most of the neighborhood places in Tampa Bay where you will definitely ONLY find blacks aren't very nice and they frequently have lots of problems (fights, shootings, etc.). Those places, which are located in what are unfortunately low income areas, cater to low income people who don't have much to spend. Many of those places aren't safe for someone from out of town even if you're black too. They aren't the kind of places I'd want to spend a birthday weekend.

I agree that you definitely will be comfortable at Blue Martini in Tampa. There are also several clubs in downtown St. Pete (which has a large bar scene) that cater to crowds that like hip-hop. Ybor City in Tampa also has a lot of hip-hop clubs, but it will be a younger crowd for the most part.

Thank you I do want to stay safe and not be in a bad area. Thats the reason I posted this. because I dont kno anything about Florida. So the comments are appreciated.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:38 AM

Quote:

thank u everyone is acting like what Im saying is strange, but I would not expect a person who loves country music to want to go to an all black hip hop club. So please respect my opinion.

Old 04-26-2015, 09:19 AM

2 posts, read 1,870 times
Default Black Consciousness/ Pro Afrika

Jeremiah9121@gmail. I'd like to build brother. I am new to the area as well. Peace

Old 04-27-2015, 01:05 AM

239 posts, read 326,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrain View Post
Just because a club is not a 'black' club does not mean that you will not be accepted. People are very accepting down here, much the opposite of what the NE media trumpets. Don't worry about being ostracized, etc. just come and have fun.
Hey if she wants to go to a black club, I support it if she feels theres going to be racial tension. I would want the same for myself as well. I wouldn't walk into Somethin' Different for instance. Most people outside of a select few actually don't want this diversity stuff.

Old 04-27-2015, 01:10 AM

Quote:
This, and that's how I learned I wasn't really truly white at times to some whites either. If their white culture was different from mine say and liked more of that generic cracker rock music or feed into the swamp people lifestyle or old west, whatever it may be. So yes, many people need to be separate and it goes beyond white and black as if everything was a generic organism. It can be whites who don't like other whites too which again I have experienced and have been shut out by other whites too if I seemed different, even if it wasn't always told to my face. Does that mean I should join all the blacks though or the whole multi racial melting pot though? no. I can offer some support here and there maybe if someone has a good cause but most of the time I will be kept at a distance from most people.

Old 04-27-2015, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
It happens once in a while maybe but most of the time it doesn't and the last thing anyone black wants is to be one of the only black people. Especially if everyone else is evenly represented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida