Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 07:43 AM

800 posts, read 3,088,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
In my opinion it depends on the handicap. Many people with handicap stickers don't really need the space. If you are in a wheelchair then you need a space where you know when you come back to your car there is not going to be someone parked so close to yours you can't get in or operate your lift gate.

On the other hand someone with maybe a heart condition can park say another 50 feet away and not have a problem they have different priorities. In other words they take up a space a wheelchair person really needs just because they can, even if there is an empty space right next to it. I see this all the time. I often find handicaped people themselves to be about the most abusive with the use of handicapped spaces just because they can, With no regard for those who really need those extra wide spaces.
Not all handicaps are visible. For example, I have a specific spine issue. Sometimes I can walk pretty well and other times I am numb from the waist down. It can change on a dime.

People with severe COPD or Chronic Heart Failure may not have any visible signs of their handicapped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2013, 09:02 AM

652 posts, read 1,653,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarissairene View Post
Our sales person at the home builder place said that there was some law in Florida where you can break your rental agreement if you are purchasing a new home.

Anyone heard of that? We may move into our home really early, like 6 months early and we have a 1 year lease renting a home.

We are from California and over here, you break your lease and there is a big penalty!
The sales person is lying to you to try and make a sale, you should report them. In fact first ask them to give you that same info in writing, Trust me they won't because what they are telling you to do is illegal. When you have a lease you are responsible to pay the full amount until the lease is up.

Old 11-07-2020, 08:53 PM

2 posts, read 2,949 times
​Commercial leases are controlled by Part I of the Landlord Tenant Act in Florida. It is found at Chapter 83 in the Florida Statutes. The terms of each lease are unique. For each particular situation an experienced business lawyer must review your lease to determine if you can be released from those obligations and what you can do.

"How can I get out of my commercial lease"

Old 11-09-2020, 10:50 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,839,013 times
Your responding to a 14 year old post. I'm sure the issue has been is resolved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida