Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 09:20 PM

19 posts, read 24,424 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the great recommendations. North Port, Palm City, Wellington all seem worth checking into. This scouting trip is going to be one long car ride!!

Old FL meaning less congested roads, older homes, and less palm trees??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 08:18 AM

17,150 posts, read 15,357,409 times
Pasadena and Gulfport if you can find rentals there.

Otherwise I'll also suggest Palm Harbor.

Old 06-24-2015, 12:06 PM

248 posts, read 535,160 times
Lakewood Ranch (East Bradenton)

Old 06-24-2015, 12:51 PM

299 posts, read 377,709 times
Stay away from Palm Beach, Broward or Dade... Around Jax, Tampa or Orlando for the better airports.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:30 AM

7,777 posts, read 10,156,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
(Jacksonville doesn't have the palms growing naturally being too far north and can get quite chilly in the winter)
There are plenty of palm trees all over Jacksonville. It is a point of contention, actually, since they aren't natural as you say, and some people think the city wastes too much money in planting and maintaining trees that aren't native to the area and don't provide much shade. But whatever...as a citizen we get to look at them plenty. Downtown, urban core neighborhoods, beaches, and pretty much anywhere the city has done streetscape work. Also lots of nurseries and tree farms that sell them to homeowners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboytampabay View Post
Stay away from Palm Beach, Broward or Dade... Around Jax, Tampa or Orlando for the better airports.
Jax has a great airport but it's not really International like the OP wants (Only a single flight to the Bahamas)
Parts of St Johns County might put you an hour away to Orlando's MCO if that helps.

Old 07-23-2015, 09:36 AM

2 posts, read 1,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
Stuart, Palm City, Jupiter
You might get into Stuart with that kind of money but not Palm City or Jupiter. Especially Jupiter!

Old 07-23-2015, 09:46 AM

2 posts, read 1,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moma1031 View Post
if job not an issue (hubby works from home) and you had your choice of location in FL given the following criteria, where would you look to move:

- schools are very important (12 and 9 yr old) I know St Johns is #1 but would consider other top districts
- close drive to international airport (within 40 mins)
- palm trees and warm weather
- good restaurants and higher end shopping centers
- close to a city and water (within 20 mins)
- price range 250-300K or $1700/rent

We are looking into St Johns but friends also recommended Boca Raton, Delray Beach, & Venice Beach. Any feedback would help as we are about to make a road trip to scout out areas to rent/buy.

If you want to move to a safe(if there is such a thing today) place to live with good schools, great restaurants and entertainment, close to the water and warm weather, you really should consider the following places:
Coral Gables, Delray Beach, Cocoa Beach, or Boynton Beach.

Whatever you do, do not consider living in Ft. Pierce(any area where the streets numbers meet the Letters(e.g. Avenue D, Avenue F, etc.), West Palm, Riviera Beach, and some areas of Port St. Lucie. Crime is rampant in these areas especially gang violence.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:04 AM

109 posts, read 162,542 times
These threads are pointless. People are only going to recommend where they live, someone in Jacksonville doesnt know anything about any city in South FL even if it would be the better option.

Old 07-23-2015, 12:46 PM

67 posts, read 108,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchez8 View Post
These threads are pointless. People are only going to recommend where they live, someone in Jacksonville doesnt know anything about any city in South FL even if it would be the better option.
That's not entirely true as some move from one city to another within Florida. I moved from Tampa to Jacksonville years ago but still go down to Tampa to visit my relatives quite often.

Old 07-23-2015, 09:45 PM

112 posts, read 259,441 times
Cool Naples, FL

I've posted my reasons multiple times in other threads, but to make this post quicker, I'll copy and paste them because I still stand by these reasons.

Quote:
After college I moved to Naples because my family was here, but why do I stay?

- Amazing weather (year round)
- Beautiful beaches (year round)
- Just a beautiful extremely well kept area. (roads, buildings, parks)
- Proximity to Tampa and Miami for concerts, sports and other special events.
- Proximity to Key West. (I'm in KW at least 3-4 times a year)
- Awesome boating & fishing. (year round, are you seeing a trend here?)
- Quantity and quality of great unique dining. (hardly any chains or fast food)
- Quantity and quality of high end retail. (Everything from Target to Gucci)
- Proximity to three great airports means you can fly anywhere! (RSW, TPA, MIA)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida