Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 03:20 PM

422 posts, read 412,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
Yup, and as I'm watching the news, I'd include endless road rage in there too. Seeing as someone else just got shot in road rage. Road rage is outta control.
yup, here is the link. A minor accident and the guy is dead over it. #lovefl

Youngstown News, Florida man dies in road-rage incident - Newswatch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 04:26 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,119,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
Oh yea? Why?

NJ/Latin America/Haiti your kinda vibe?
I have always had a fondness for Latin American cultures. I enjoy hearing the Spanish and Portuguese language, and the dramatic disposition of Latin Americans is just hilarious at even the most random times.

I don't care of the conservatism in Southern culture. Transplants from NJ, New York, the Midwest, and Latin America are what has given Florida its live and let live social atmosphere. Too many Southerners still focus too much on what other people are doing in their bedrooms.

I also don't care for the nosiness that Southerners display when talking to you. Mind your own business, you know? Not to mention the whole being nice to your face and then talking all types of negative things about you behind your back. Northerners, particularly North-easterners, don't play type of crap.

Old 09-15-2015, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
I have always had a fondness for Latin American cultures. I enjoy hearing the Spanish and Portuguese language, and the dramatic disposition of Latin Americans is just hilarious at even the most random times.

I don't care of the conservatism in Southern culture. Transplants from NJ, New York, the Midwest, and Latin America are what has given Florida its live and let live social atmosphere. Too many Southerners still focus too much on what other people are doing in their bedrooms.

I also don't care for the nosiness that Southerners display when talking to you. Mind your own business, you know? Not to mention the whole being nice to your face and then talking all types of negative things about you behind your back. Northerners, particularly North-easterners, don't play type of crap.

Northerners are the WORST at being in your business and 2 faced chumps. wth are you even talking about??

Old 09-15-2015, 05:12 PM

20,050 posts, read 20,861,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseo1 View Post
Northerners are the WORST at being in your business and 2 faced chumps. wth are you even talking about??
Yup.

Old 09-15-2015, 05:54 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,926,253 times
i also dont buy into the "southerners are nice to your face, but its fake" comments either. i have met tons and tons of nice people in NC that are genuinely that nice. perhaps you dont see it or it is lacking in FL in a major way, so you dont believe it.

Old 09-15-2015, 09:44 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,843,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
The northerners all need to go back where they came from and stay there.
Those New Yorkers like Henry Flagler, right? Should have left the barren land barren and the swamps swampier.

Old 09-15-2015, 10:37 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,626,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Those New Yorkers like Henry Flagler, right? Should have left the barren land barren and the swamps swampier.
Well Henry Flagler (New York) and Henry Plant (Connecticut) saw opportunity in Florida where other Southerners were still moaning about the Civil War & Slavery and never established a cultural or infrastructural foothold in the state except in the panhandle and the northern part of the state.
Both of these men created railroads that lead to the founding of cities such as St. Augustine, W. Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami ,Tampa.

The rapid development of Florida was due to wealthy Yankees investing in the state while the rest of the South was basically bankrupt after the Civil War. Florida was basically "barren land" with the lowest population and didn't have the historical vestiges and political garbage of slavery and the Confederacy the rest of the South did considering it became a state in 1845.

Old 09-16-2015, 03:47 AM

469 posts, read 577,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseo1 View Post
Northerners are the WORST at being in your business and 2 faced chumps. with are you even talking about??
Not all "Northerners" should be lumped together with the stereotypical NY/NJ types (just like all Southerners shouldn't be painted as bible thumping racists as so many people love to do). Although I did personally find a lot of folks from the aforementioned NYC metro area to be rather arrogant and not exactly polite, not all of them were like that, and I've never found most Midwesterners to be particularlly rude people. I deal with people from western PA on a daily basis and for the most part, they are just as friendly as anyone I met down south. I'm just saying'...

Old 09-16-2015, 04:44 AM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvtraveler View Post
Not all "Northerners" should be lumped together with the stereotypical NY/NJ types (just like all Southerners shouldn't be painted as bible thumping racists as so many people love to do). Although I did personally find a lot of folks from the aforementioned NYC metro area to be rather arrogant and not exactly polite, not all of them were like that, and I've never found most Midwesterners to be particularlly rude people. I deal with people from western PA on a daily basis and for the most part, they are just as friendly as anyone I met down south. I'm just saying'...
One of the few sensible posts on this thread that doesn't deal with broad stereotypes. On the downside, don't expect any of it to sink in with the Trump-like posters who swear all Northerners are rude or everyone from NY/NJ drives aggressively, etc. because of course their experiences are completely different from the rest of us.

Old 09-16-2015, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post

Henry Flagler only cared about one thing: MONEY. Just like all greedy northerners they come down here, rape the land, develop the coast and many people died working his railroad for pennies a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvtraveler View Post
All of you are running away from not only the 2 months of winter you cant hack but the people as well only to make FL a warmer version of your northern dump...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida