Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 11:20 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,252,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Git Her Done View Post
I can tell you 100% certainty that Florida has very few Muslims so you will have big problems here. All this said, I agree with others you should look to super-liberal-anything-goes-areas like SF, Portland or Seattle. Good luck to you.
There are about 175,000 Muslims in Florida. That's more than the # of Mormons in Florida but only a 1/3 of the # of Jews in Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2015, 12:54 PM

24,410 posts, read 26,964,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post

Kind of how everyday Americans are feeling unsafe in public places now...
Speak for yourself lol, it's more like how uneducated trailer trash who have never been out of the country feel...

Old 12-04-2015, 12:55 PM

301 posts, read 368,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
Open your eyes and go see what's happening in the world at the moment. Also, never said I was afraid -- but a plethora of people ARE on edge and suspicious of Muslims now. Not only in America but all over the world. Can you logically blame them?
I agree with you.

Old 12-04-2015, 01:22 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,405,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Speak for yourself lol, it's more like how uneducated trailer trash who have never been out of the country feel...
Obviously you haven't read anything beyond that sole sentence (nor anyone else's further comments on this thread). Whatever comment you want to make is moot. Move along.

Old 12-04-2015, 01:26 PM

27,224 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
There are about 175,000 Muslims in Florida. That's more than the # of Mormons in Florida but only a 1/3 of the # of Jews in Florida.
I don't think that even reaches 1% of the state's population if my poor math skills are correct, which is why I suggested taking a pass. If one wants to delve further and count Arab Muslim population it's probably just 1/4 of that.

Old 12-04-2015, 01:34 PM

301 posts, read 368,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Speak for yourself lol, it's more like how uneducated trailer trash who have never been out of the country...
What does traveling out of the U.S. have to do with anything? I travel regularly out of the U.S.-I flew all over the world. Spain, Portugal, Asia, Brazil, Colombia, Canada, etc. I'm retired UA Pilot. As an American I suffered big time persecution and verbal hatred because Americans have the courage to stop the world's bullies. It goes both ways, so what if Muslims suffer some biased behavior by Americans because I suffered big time harassment and verbal hate attacks when I lived living overseas. Fact is Muslims are causing a lot of serious problems all over the world. People are fed up with innocent people being gunned down like what happened in Paris. We are living in a sad state of affairs and Obama is doing nothing to help solve these problems. OP, I think super-liberal-anything-goes cities like SF, Portland and Seattle will be good choices.

Best of luck to you and have a nice weekend.

Old 12-04-2015, 02:24 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,138,172 times
No matter how many heavily armed police and military that is put in any place can prevent someone walking down the street with a bomb vest under their coat is going to be stopped. They cant stop and frisk everyone or even a small number of people so its makes the armed protection a wasted effort.

I wouldnt be attending the new years eve event in Times Square, NYC, but would have no problem in less "secure" areas as if something is going to happen it will.

Hatred towards a religion and all its people is insane. There are a small number of these lunatics out there and they are being successful at recruiting people from other countries to join them in their battle against the "infidels". The majority of muslim people are not interested in destroying anything. However, as in any organized group there will be a subset of the group who's intentions are not in line with the larger group.

Old 12-04-2015, 02:26 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,138,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I don't think that even reaches 1% of the state's population if my poor math skills are correct, which is why I suggested taking a pass. If one wants to delve further and count Arab Muslim population it's probably just 1/4 of that.
Its just about 1 pct of the states population but is a lot more than 25,000.

Old 12-04-2015, 04:58 PM

24,410 posts, read 26,964,842 times
Any person who is educated and traveled abroad doesn't live in fear daily thinking at any second Muslims will come pouring down guns blazing. The person implied that we all live in fear on a daily basis and I stand by my remarks that no, we ALL don't, only the ignorant uneducated untraveled do... this doesn't mean we can't feel suspicious when we see Muslims, but to say we live in fear every day that a Muslim will shoot us is so ridiculusly stupid lol

Old 12-04-2015, 05:01 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetwhisperer View Post
Speak for yourself. You, and many others have already let the terrorist win if you're afraid in public. It is not Muslim vs Non-Muslim except for the very ignorant.

You are correct to a point, look at some of the other areas of this forum it is left against right, conservative against liberal, atheist against non atheist, muslim against non muslim, vegetarian against non vegetarian, etc. etc. ...and the list goes on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida