Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2008, 03:08 PM

89 posts, read 372,222 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! My family and I are moving to Florida from Ohio. We finally decided on Palm Coast (over Orlando). Was this a good move? Any info on Palm Coast will be appreciated. My kids will attend Bunnell Elementary and Buddy Taylor Middle. My fiance is an installer for Directv. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 08:26 AM

89 posts, read 372,222 times
There's nobody from Palm Coast? Does anyone at least know anything of the area?

Old 03-27-2008, 09:54 AM

717 posts, read 773,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnie417 View Post
There's nobody from Palm Coast? Does anyone at least know anything of the area?
My Grandparents bought a lot in Palm Coast in 1983. The house was done in 1984. I was only 7 and 10 years old when we went to visit. Back then it was pretty desolate. Now it is incredibly built up. There is now a bridge to Flagler Beach. Back then there was no bridge and it took 25 minutes to get to the beach. Beautiful catholic church they went to on Bel Taire Pkwy.
From what I remember it is an older population. Not many kids at all. But that obviously could have changed.

I would say It is a nice safe place to live. Not too much night life unless you go to Daytona. Plenty of daytime activities available.

Hope that helped a bit!

Old 03-27-2008, 12:27 PM
DB3

55 posts, read 309,314 times
Dawnie,
My family is also planning a move to Palm Coast (as soon as someone is nice enough to buy our current home!). They have a local website called Flagler Chat that has a ton of local news. I find myself alternating between City Data and Flagler Chat to keep connected with happenings in the Palm Coast area. In addition to searching this forum, you might want to check it out.

Old 03-27-2008, 04:33 PM

93 posts, read 371,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnie417 View Post
Hi everyone! My family and I are moving to Florida from Ohio. We finally decided on Palm Coast (over Orlando). Was this a good move? Any info on Palm Coast will be appreciated. My kids will attend Bunnell Elementary and Buddy Taylor Middle. My fiance is an installer for Directv. Thanks
IMO I would say Palm Coast is definitely a better choice over Orlando. Lots of questions have been answered regarding PC which you can find on City Data. No kids in school anymore but do know that Bunnell Elem. is adding a huge addition and the same for Buddy Taylor. Just read where Palm Coast was the #1 metro city in the U.S. that grew the fastest in 06/07. Construction jobs are down right now so probably quite a few workers have left. Home prices have come down quite a bit and great time especially for first time home buyers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida