Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2018, 05:33 PM

2 posts, read 750 times

Advertisements

My husband and I winter here in Florida,Volusia County. We pay our lot fee for the whole year even though we only stay six months. We are paid up to Sept 30 2018. We DO NOT sign a lease or contract of any kind. The resort is going to back date their fiscal year to May 1 2018. They expect for us to start paying the fee again on that date. We ARE ALREADY paid to Sept. 30 2018. If we do not start paying on that date they expect a lump sum on Oct 1 2018. We were not notified along with all the others that pay like us no letters nothing! We found out quite by accident. Most of the others have left for home and will not return til Oct or Nov and will be expected to pay this fee. Is this legal???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2018, 07:31 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,143,456 times
If your question is does your unused summer months have any value? The answer is -it only has value if you all use it. You can ask for a partial refund, but they are likely to point to a lot saying it here for your use.

Old 04-23-2018, 08:46 PM

2 posts, read 750 times
We pay ahead, 12 months in 6 months,Oct 1 to Mar 1 or we can just pay it all at once for the year. We can stay twelve months or come when ever we want within that year. Starting on May 1 2018 they want another 400.00 monthly on top of what we have already paid. Their answer for that is they are changing to that date to start a new fiscal year sooo we have to start paying 400.00 a month on top of 6 months we have already paid for. To me that is double dipping. We have not signed anything, there is no contract or lease.

Old 04-24-2018, 06:12 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,764,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crickaboom View Post
We pay ahead, 12 months in 6 months,Oct 1 to Mar 1 or we can just pay it all at once for the year. We can stay twelve months or come when ever we want within that year. Starting on May 1 2018 they want another 400.00 monthly on top of what we have already paid. Their answer for that is they are changing to that date to start a new fiscal year sooo we have to start paying 400.00 a month on top of 6 months we have already paid for. To me that is double dipping. We have not signed anything, there is no contract or lease.
That does sound like they are charging you twice for part of the lot rent. I assume that's what you mean. If I were you i would see the home to some other sucker. Places with lot rents are a scam. They can double the rent whenever they want and then some homes are older and can't be moved. Buy in a place where you own the lot and pay a small HOA fee.

Old 04-24-2018, 06:13 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,764,116 times
Quote:
Oh they just raised the rent starting in May, so stay and pay it or leave and sell if you can. Never stay at a place without a lease or contract especially if you own the RV. They can raise the rent all they have to do is give 30 days notice, so you do have to start paying from when they say even if you already paid. My advice if find a different RV park or buy a lot.

Old 04-25-2018, 01:35 PM

3,217 posts, read 2,433,645 times
Quote:
My husband and I winter here in Florida,Volusia County. We pay our lot fee for the whole year even though we only stay six months. We are paid up to Sept 30 2018. We DO NOT sign a lease or contract of any kind. The resort is going to back date their fiscal year to May 1 2018. They expect for us to start paying the fee again on that date. We ARE ALREADY paid to Sept. 30 2018. If we do not start paying on that date they expect a lump sum on Oct 1 2018. We were not notified along with all the others that pay like us no letters nothing! We found out quite by accident. Most of the others have left for home and will not return til Oct or Nov and will be expected to pay this fee. Is this legal???
Tell them you are paid in advance for 5 months and you will begin paying monthly or all at once (7 months) October 1 or they refund you the 5 months and you will begin paying in May. Their choice. If they raised the rates, tell them you will pay the difference starting May 1 but not the full amount and you will start paying the full amount Oct 1.

If I am misunderstanding your post, and they "raised" the rates by $400/month then sorry, you don't have a contract and it is month to month regardless of whether you paid for 12 months all at once and therefore you will have to start paying the extra $400/month or ask for a refund of what you paid for 5 months and look for another place. Without a contract, never pay in full. Have it sent every month automatically from your bank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida