Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 08:56 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,209,428 times

Advertisements

Wow, that was a bad one.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/7-...D=ansmsnnews11

Being investigated as a homicide. Hmmm. Why would that be?

"Emergency crews extinguished the fire and said they were treating the crash as a homicide investigation, but didn't say why. The fire was so intense that authorities said it damaged parts of the road."

That's a bad stretch of road, as I recall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2019, 02:16 PM

10,951 posts, read 3,723,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Wow, that was a bad one.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/7-...D=ansmsnnews11

Being investigated as a homicide. Hmmm. Why would that be ?

That's a bad stretch of road, as I recall.
Because whomever may have caused the horrible accident is at fault, With witnesses galore all over the scene

Old 01-04-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
Because whomever may have caused the horrible accident is at fault, With witnesses galore all over the scene
What's with the head slap? An accident is an accident. A homicide is murder. Just because someone "caused" an accident, doesn't mean they committed murder, unless a witness maybe saw one of the truck drivers acting criminally negligently or driving in a "murderous" fashion. In that case it would be vehicular homicide:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicular_homicide

5 children were killed. They were part of a church group on their way from Louisiana to Disney. Very sad.

Old 01-04-2019, 03:26 PM

490 posts, read 586,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
What's with the head slap? An accident is an accident. A homicide is murder. Just because someone "caused" an accident, doesn't mean they committed murder, unless a witness maybe saw one of the truck drivers acting criminally negligently or driving in a "murderous" fashion. In that case it would be vehicular homicide:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicular_homicide

5 children were killed. They were part of a church group on their way from Louisiana to Disney. Very sad.
Truck driver, oh yeah naturally the truck driver ,... Both of which are dead. Couldn't ever be the speeding wreckless cell phone , darting in and out of traffic irresponsible passenger vehicle could it? Got to be the truck drivers fault. How many road rage crimes or deaths on Florida 's roads are caused by commercial drivers? How many murders and road rage crimes on Florida roads involve wasted gun toting personal vehicles? Find out and get back to the thread with the statistics.

It will be a while on this one the NSTB is furloughed until the Gov shut down is over. So the investigation is on hold.

Old 01-04-2019, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mph101 View Post
Truck driver, oh yeah naturally the truck driver ,... Both of which are dead. Couldn't ever be the speeding wreckless cell phone , darting in and out of traffic irresponsible passenger vehicle could it? Got to be the truck drivers fault. How many road rage crimes or deaths on Florida 's roads are caused by commercial drivers? How many murders and road rage crimes on Florida roads involve wasted gun toting personal vehicles? Find out and get back to the thread with the statistics.

It will be a while on this one the NSTB is furloughed until the Gov shut down is over. So the investigation is on hold.
You have a point regarding cell phones and road rage, but I am curious why this is possibly a homicide. If someone was toting a gun, I'd like to know.

Old 01-04-2019, 03:58 PM

30,513 posts, read 21,402,176 times
Could have been a drunk trucker or who knows.

Old 01-04-2019, 04:08 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,713,793 times
Florida crashes, injuries and deaths have been increasing greatly year-over-year.

It doesn't take too much logic to see that Florida has not addressed infrastructure (other than turning down billions for high speed rail). You simply cannot have 100's of 8 lane roads all over the place dumping into one 4 or 6 lane interstate. I-75 and many other large roads here are parking lots (I just drove that stretch last week and felt as if my life and limb were in danger many times)....

Sad to say this will continue because it takes decades to plan and build properly....and Florida is unlikely to even start because that can get in way of profits for developers, etc. (paying the real cost for development is much higher than what developers pay now....higher gas taxes are also needed, etc.)....

At this point I don't see a salvation except self-driving cars and trucks. Human, at least in states like Florida, seem unwilling to tackle big problems like this.

Old 01-04-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Could have been a drunk trucker or who knows.
Anything is possible. Though odds are its more likely some weather junkie who is a west Pasco flunkie

Last edited by mph101; 01-04-2019 at 04:28 PM..

Old 01-04-2019, 04:27 PM

I haven't heard about a murder investigation. A pickup or SUV was involved but pulled just through the accident as it was happening without injury. That means nothing but good luck for the occupants most likely. Speculation is worthless. What a tragic event.

Old 01-04-2019, 04:48 PM

9,544 posts, read 16,566,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Florida crashes, injuries and deaths have been increasing greatly year-over-year.

It doesn't take too much logic to see that Florida has not addressed infrastructure (other than turning down billions for high speed rail). You simply cannot have 100's of 8 lane roads all over the place dumping into one 4 or 6 lane interstate. I-75 and many other large roads here are parking lots (I just drove that stretch last week and felt as if my life and limb were in danger many times)....

Sad to say this will continue because it takes decades to plan and build properly....and Florida is unlikely to even start because that can get in way of profits for developers, etc. (paying the real cost for development is much higher than what developers pay now....higher gas taxes are also needed, etc.)....

At this point I don't see a salvation except self-driving cars and trucks. Human, at least in states like Florida, seem unwilling to tackle big problems like this.
I couldn't agree more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida