Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 06:14 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,778,187 times

Advertisements

THIS is just disgusting..... Kids now a days are pretty screwed up....

Marine Home From Iraq War, Wife Allegedly Assaulted Outside Florida Theater by Teen Mob - FoxNews.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 06:32 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
THIS is just disgusting..... Kids now a days are pretty screwed up....

Marine Home From Iraq War, Wife Allegedly Assaulted Outside Florida Theater by Teen Mob - FoxNews.com

That's an awful story, but why do you, as usual, have to make it a "Florida" thing?

Old 12-30-2010, 06:44 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,250,082 times
300 bystanders and nobody did anything. Thats a shame.

Old 12-30-2010, 06:55 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,932,831 times
^^^ Most of the bystanders were probably the same people that attacked the man and his wife, young black thugs. Please save me the racist comments. It is what it is.

Chris, you have to remember where this was (seems to be a not-so-nice area in Bradenton) and who attacked the couple. Young punks with that mentality are everywhere.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:21 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post

Well, actually one guy with a gun managed to "do something" and is credited with ending the altercation.

I'm not quite sure what you would expect the average bystander (without a gun) to do when faced with 17 young thugs? Join the fight?

Old 12-30-2010, 08:01 PM

2,079 posts, read 6,118,032 times
Unfortunately that kind of thing is not an isolated incident anymore. This country is about to see what happens when a whole generation of entitled kids with poor educations and divorced parents/broken households has to run this country. It's sad, but I see this kind of thing too often nowadays, and unfortunately there is usually only one stereotypical group of people to blame.

One would think with all of the movies Tyler Perry and other leaders with good messages puts out that this sort of thing would be more isolated and frowned upon, but I guess nobody ever takes anything from movies or tv shows with messages. I hope some of those kids rot in jail and enjoy the good life behind bars for a while (even that won't stop them from being menaces to society...it'll only make things worse).

Old 12-30-2010, 08:34 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
Duplicate thread.

Well, we made the national news...

Problem is this happens all over America anymore, not just in Florida.

I traveled the country and ran into and see this happening in cities like St Louis, Philly, Baltimore, Detroit, Atlanta, Memphis all the time.

Next thing you will see the thug punk kids make themselves out to be the victims.

I hope these kids get treated like adults and spend years in jail.

This is an epidemic in America to see young black kids in groups attacking people and no one is doing anything about it.

The parents need to do their darn job and raise their kids better.

They are lucky the hero veteran was not carrying a gun himself and picked them off one by one to protect his wife from the scumbags.

This is not a Florida thing and is happening all over America by youths in gangs, groups etc.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:36 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post

I agree with you.

To stand and watch a women get knocked out by a bunch of criminals is insane.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:40 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,932,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Duplicate thread.

Well, we made the national news...

Problem is this happens all over America anymore, not just in Florida.

I traveled the country and ran into and see this happening in cities like St Louis, Philly, Baltimore, Detroit, Atlanta, Memphis all the time.

Next thing you will see the thug punk kids make themselves out to be the victims.

I hope these kids get treated like adults and spend years in jail.

This is an epidemic in America to see young black kids in groups attacking people and no one is doing anything about it.

The parents need to do their darn job and raise their kids better.

They are lucky the hero veteran was not carrying a gun himself and picked them off one by one to protect his wife from the scumbags.

This is not a Florida thing and is happening all over America by youths in gangs, groups etc.

It's too bad he didn't. The kid that punched the marine's wife... he should have at least 1 bullet in him.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:59 PM

2,079 posts, read 6,118,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

Maybe it's the "white guilt" in me and I feel uncomfortable saying it, but how often do you read something like this happening and it's white youth? I don't fully blame blacks because our society has been run over by a PC mob that inadvertently breaks black families and degrades cultural values (that we all used to have).

This definitely happens in Atlanta. I tried riding MARTA at 11:30 one night to avoid a DUI (and because I live across the street from a midtown station), and I happened to be the only white person on the platform. A group of thugs hastled me, and I ignored them. I guess they got mad because they surrounded me and beat my innocent white boy's ass straight to the ER with a broken nose, cheekbone, and busted eye. There were ~30 innocent bystanders who did nothing and the cops were basically of no help (in fact I was losing a lot of blood and they were mad at me for confusing them with security instead of calling them "officer"...they were black, too, but I don't know if that had anything to do with it).

I went to Georgia Tech, which is nestled between downtown and midtown and borders a couple of rough patches. Almost every week I got Clery GT Police emails notifying the student body of incidents. 95% of the time it was black on student (which at Tech means white or Asian), and I never read of help by bystanders and I too often read about groups of thugs ganging up on just one or two students (anything ranging from armed robbery to assault, sometimes fatal, to intimidation, to just about anything). It's an epidemic that the black community needs to speak out on and the media needs to report. In fact, the only time I read of a white perp was recently when a possible student came at a fraternity brother with a hatchet in the fraternity's yard late at night (I mean I'm just assuming it was another white fraternity brother of a different house...they never caught the guy and there was no description).

In fact, there was another recent MARTA incident when a national champion chess player was riding to the airport in broad daylight, and I guess he offended a thug on the train who shot him to death. Apparently the thug wanted the guy's cell phone (exactly what happened to me...just give it up guys!), and a struggle ensued, nobody intervened, and the thug just shot the poor 19 year old chess champ who was in school to become a cop. It was a tragedy. Also, check out this video of "Marta girl" harassing a poor elderly lady (this is black on black, but none of the other guys on the train do anything to stop this wretch of a girl until she goes after one of them):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs8mQ...eature=related

It's really quite pathetic. You can hear other riders actually laughing. That poor lady. She grew up in a different era, that's for sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida