Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2021, 09:03 AM

13,620 posts, read 7,936,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
If DeSantis can bring high paying jobs, he will get my vote next election.
That seems like kind of an impossible standard to meet. Florida has never been a mecca for high-paying jobs, and if DeSantis did that it would pretty much be unprecedented.

Given the events and pressures of the past year, I'd say simply maintaining economically counts as success. He's even outdone that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2021, 01:55 PM

3,237 posts, read 3,196,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
No state in recent memory has dodged so great a bullet as when DeSantis SQUEAKED by Gillum by a mere 30k votes

A true mercy from God.
I don’t think a week goes by that I finds me not giving thanks.

Old 04-22-2021, 07:04 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,749,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I can't see any scenario in which the alternative candidate would have handled anything better.

All four metros seem to be doing quite well under him, in particular, with diversifying the economy to where it's not as reliant on tourism as it used to be. All of this despite COVID and all.
All four metros that enacted "draconian COVID measures" that he refused to implement on the state level, save a month or two.

Disney World is open, but it probably has the most strict COVID rules of any private business in America. DeSantis would not allow a municipality (except of course for the cities of Lake Buena Vista and Bay Lake because $$$$$) to enact and enforce such guidelines.

And remember, unbeknownst to the country, the state capitol is closed. If you want to speak on a bill, they send you to a Zoom room in the Tallahassee Civic Center.

OpEn Up tHe CapiToL!!!!!! If the legislators can eat at restaurants and go to bars after work, the public can come inside of the capitol building. It's that "logic" thing people have been talking about :-)

HAHAHAHAHA! :-)

Last edited by boy3365; 04-22-2021 at 07:32 PM..

Old 04-22-2021, 07:17 PM

981 posts, read 899,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
No state in recent memory has dodged so great a bullet as when DeSantis SQUEAKED by Gillum by a mere 30k votes

A true mercy from God.
EXACTLY. And thank god that election happened when it did, he couldn't win if that same election were happening today.

Old 04-22-2021, 07:49 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times
So really, why the cult of DeSsntis worship? It’s like how the communists in Cuba used to go on about their beloved Fidel Castro and IMO getting pretty creepy. I’ve never seen anything like it in this state before and I’ve been here awhile.

Old 04-22-2021, 07:54 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,749,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
So really, why the cult of DeSsntis worship? It’s like how the communists in Cuba used to go on about their beloved Fidel Castro and IMO getting pretty creepy. I’ve never seen anything like it in this state before and I’ve been here awhile.
I miss the good old days on City-Data where we would help people find the best restaurants, hotels, and things to do on vacation, or the best city in the state in which to live, and lets not forget the Publix debates. :-) Unfortunately, in the past year, it's become more of a state politics board. I know I'm not helping it by participating haha. At least the city-specific pages are relatively free from it and still resembles the C-D I remember.

Old 04-22-2021, 08:41 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
LOL... I guess they kind of LOOK like giant lizards to the untrained eye?
Oh I don't know,,maybe if you get down close to the ground and try to look them in the eye.....

We have one or two that climb up and look in our windows, they're kind of cute, remind me of the Geico lizard.

Old 04-22-2021, 08:46 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:

I hardly think disputing the unfounded accusations against our governor constitutes cult membership. I'd have to ask why all the animosity against the man,,the fabricated accusations, but I know why that is.

Old 04-22-2021, 10:40 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boy3365 View Post
I miss the good old days on City-Data where we would help people find the best restaurants, hotels, and things to do on vacation, or the best city in the state in which to live, and lets not forget the Publix debates. :-) Unfortunately, in the past year, it's become more of a state politics board. I know I'm not helping it by participating haha. At least the city-specific pages are relatively free from it and still resembles the C-D I remember.
I'm just back from a couple of days in Jacksonville and I really do think it's an interesting place if you're willing to work a little to discover its charm- some neat historic sites and open public beach areas from Fort Caroline to the Amelia Island area, a good regional art museum (and the $100 annual family membership at the Cummer gets you a long list of both museums and botanical gardens that offer free reciprocal admission with that membership) some fun restaurants and I feel like it punches above its weight when it comes to shopping options. Plus not too far from St. Augustine.

Old 04-23-2021, 07:19 AM

396 posts, read 417,636 times
Quote:
Compared to the cult of Biden worship? The difference is, Desantis has actually DONE things. Biden...not so much.

Unless you have a thing against successful Hispanics who have served their nation? I think that may be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida