Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2021, 08:46 AM

729 posts, read 1,300,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy3365 View Post
All four metros that enacted "draconian COVID measures" that he refused to implement on the state level, save a month or two.

Disney World is open, but it probably has the most strict COVID rules of any private business in America. DeSantis would not allow a municipality (except of course for the cities of Lake Buena Vista and Bay Lake because $$$$$) to enact and enforce such guidelines.

And remember, unbeknownst to the country, the state capitol is closed. If you want to speak on a bill, they send you to a Zoom room in the Tallahassee Civic Center.

OpEn Up tHe CapiToL!!!!!! If the legislators can eat at restaurants and go to bars after work, the public can come inside of the capitol building. It's that "logic" thing people have been talking about :-)

HAHAHAHAHA! :-)
I thought the state was open, LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2021, 09:06 AM

5,978 posts, read 2,234,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartofFlorida View Post
I thought the state was open, LOL!
In the swamp and boonies. That's why alligators don't have to wear masks, there not in the 4 metro areas

Old 04-25-2021, 09:18 AM

729 posts, read 1,300,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
In the swamp and boonies. That's why alligators don't have to wear masks, there not in the 4 metro areas
Gators are in every corner of Florida INCLUDING the 4 major metros, LOL. 2020 Gator sightings

Old 04-26-2021, 08:21 AM

3,433 posts, read 2,401,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I have asked several business owners, employees in other businesses what is going on here, and I have been told each time that the enormous growth in population over the last year and increased demand for services has made it difficult to keep up with the demands. That and it seems qualifications ( ie, a decent work ethic, common sense and lack of criminal convictions in one's history) are also lacking in any number of individuals who do apply.
Well to be fair, you have to look at every business model that involves a customer or a client:

You can have it quickly
You can have it correctly
You can have it inexpensively

Pick any TWO of the above.

If you want quality employees who do things correctly and quickly, you need to pay them more.
If you want to pay the bare minimum, you have to sacrifice quality and efficiency.

You won't get someone who is qualified, has a strong work ethic, common sense, maybe even an actual high school graduate who knows how to count change, if you're not willing to pay for it. Those folks expect more, and they get it - elsewhere.

Old 04-26-2021, 09:11 AM

14,944 posts, read 12,136,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
Well to be fair, you have to look at every business model that involves a customer or a client:

You can have it quickly
You can have it correctly
You can have it inexpensively

Pick any TWO of the above.

If you want quality employees who do things correctly and quickly, you need to pay them more.
If you want to pay the bare minimum, you have to sacrifice quality and efficiency.

You won't get someone who is qualified, has a strong work ethic, common sense, maybe even an actual high school graduate who knows how to count change, if you're not willing to pay for it. Those folks expect more, and they get it - elsewhere.
Apparently these stellar employees you describe are hard to come by even if the employer is offering fair wages.

Old 04-26-2021, 11:27 AM

5,978 posts, read 2,234,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartofFlorida View Post
Gators are in every corner of Florida INCLUDING the 4 major metros, LOL. 2020 Gator sightings
It was a joke, Floridians know to assume that any body of water that looks healthy may have an alligator in it. If it can support fish and birds, can support a reptile.

FYI if anyone visits Florida, even little retention ponds can have a surprise lying on the bottom.

Old 04-26-2021, 12:10 PM

17,155 posts, read 15,366,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
It was a joke, Floridians know to assume that any body of water that looks healthy may have an alligator in it. If it can support fish and birds, can support a reptile.

FYI if anyone visits Florida, even little retention ponds can have a surprise lying on the bottom.
There are two retention ponds-turned-scenic "ponds" right next to my gf's house. The small one has a beautiful fountain. A mid-sized gator lives in it. The larger one (still not large by any means... Maybe 1/4 mile circumference) has two LARGE gators living in it. I have multiple pictures of them. I see them every single time I go out for a jog or walk around there. And they actively stalk her small dogs when I take them out for walks. Have to be VERY attentive to avoid making them a gator meal.
They are quite fascinating to look at though, with how sneaky they are, and how they hide and move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida