Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2021, 01:41 PM

786 posts, read 627,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Spiders, hornets nests, snakes. So many different things to deal with. My neighbor ended up in the hospital from a spiders bite last summer. I have Florida Pest Control come every 3 months to take care of my house. Just to many spiders for me to deal with.

Yep. I put on some gloves to do landscaping. Ironically I put them on because I wanted to avoid betting bit by the many possible hazards, and discivered that a family of Brown Widows decided to live in them rent free.

Spent the next 3 days going from the chills straight to sweating to death. At least they weren't the dreaded Brown Recuses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2021, 04:55 PM

648 posts, read 518,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Plenty of stuff can go up there, depends on your attic and ventilation.

I've seen a few that had 5-6 ft of stand up space and the floors were all plywood so you didn't have to walk on the rafters. My uncle built a mansion that had the elevator go all the way up to the attic so he could keep Christmas decorations up there and he wouldn't need to bring them up a ladder.

But if you have a 1960s house with a low pitch roof, then yeah it is a baking oven up there.
I have a house built in 1997 with a very high roof. I can stand full upright in a large part of it and not hit the rafters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida