Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 01:55 PM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Fan 79 View Post
All states have had ups and downs.

In your original post you practically boasted that Florida's 0.09 deaths per 100,000 was the lowest in the U.S. but failed to note that was a 7 DAY average.

Perhaps you forgot to note that Florida's 2,912 deaths per million since the start of the pandemic is the 16th worst in the U.S.

So, great in the short term but not so much the long term.

2,912/million data is from today's reporting at:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Also, since you used the N.Y. Times data in your post does that mean that you find them to be a credible news source.
Considering that FLA has the 2nd oldest population in the USA, & that FLA hosts millions of visitors from Northern states annually, like AOC, 16th is darn good.

As you know, older people are many times more likely to die from covid than younger people.

If a math wiz could adjust FLA's stats for age, and real population including all the visitors, FLA would be even better off on that ranking than it is now.

Old 01-06-2022, 01:58 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Considering that FLA has the 2nd oldest population in the USA, & that FLA hosts millions of visitors from Northern states annually, like AOC, 16th is darn good.

As you know, older people are many times more likely to die from covid than younger people.

If a math wiz could adjust FLA's stats for age, and real population including all the visitors, FLA would be even better off on that ranking than it is now.
I’m a math wiz and but I’m going to let you do it since you profess to be wizzier about numbers.FYI- visitors were taken out of the stats so that’s already been done for you.

Old 01-06-2022, 03:45 PM

565 posts, read 282,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
show me where I said anything different......it's not ONE of the best....it is the best

Boy are you ever twisted about it...Florida has the lowest covid death rate.....0.09/100,000....of any state in the entire continental USA...Florida is flat out nailed on the bottom.....#50

and I posted the link > https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...vid-cases.html

I'm not going to dumb my posts down for anyone....first off...I don't know how dumb to make it
Edited to acknowledge that you used the "continental" U.S. qualifier. Likely done so that you could again claim that Florida is at the "bottom" of the states. As if Alaska and Hawaii shouldn't be included.

I clicked on your link at 4:37pm CT. Florida is now 2nd from the bottom at 0.09 and Alaska is at the bottom with 0.03 per 100,000. Trends can change quickly. What's not twisted is the fact that the same chart sorted by "All time" instead of "Recent trends" and it clearly shows that Florida is the 14th worst state with respect to deaths per 100,000 over the course of the pandemic. Why do you refuse to acknowledge that ?

Last edited by Gator Fan 79; 01-06-2022 at 04:12 PM..

Old 01-06-2022, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I’m a math wiz and but I’m going to let you do it since you profess to be wizzier about numbers.FYI- visitors were taken out of the stats so that’s already been done for you.
The Millions of visitors that come down to FLA spread the virus though, so there's that.

Old 01-06-2022, 03:55 PM

2,531 posts, read 1,863,511 times
True but has always been that way more or less. There were times where the military and agricultural had more of an influence but that went away starting in the fifties after ww2 ended and the boom began. The economy shifted over time to more tourism, hospitality and service sector job etc. not enough diversification. Florida has so much potential when it comes to jobs and how the economy is run. Imo

Despite all that, jobs that have and will always be in demand are construction, plumbing, ac, and electricity etc. Plus medical.

Old 01-06-2022, 04:02 PM

565 posts, read 282,095 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Actually, Florida has done reasonably well with vaccinations with about 64% fully vaccinated according to the N.Y. Times. That's middle of the pack. What's more surprising to me is that Sumter County, home of The Villages and not exactly packed full of "leftists," is the second most vaccinated county in Florida with 74% fully vaccinated.

This suggests to me that some of Florida's seniors are talking a big game but secretly getting their jabs.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ine-doses.html

https://stacker.com/florida/counties...n-rate-florida

Old 01-06-2022, 04:18 PM

Florida's doing great considering that Joe Biden lied about having a superior plan than Trump to end this pandemic...or something along those lines.

Joe lied. The vaccines are not vaccines at all, but Florida's still doing just fine for the aged population we have and the Millions of visitors bringing more spread with them.

Now, after the nedd for a 3rd jab came out, there's a 4th job coming! Howis that doing bette than Trump?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...hot-neccessary

Now Joe says there is no way to make covid go away, and the states will just have to deal with it. Some leadership that is.

No worries, Florida will figure it all out w/o Joe's help...nowif he would just allow states to buy tests, and meds for them to deal with it.

Old 01-06-2022, 04:56 PM

3,438 posts, read 2,409,977 times
Quote:
Actually, Florida has done reasonably well with vaccinations with about 64% fully vaccinated according to the N.Y. Times. That's middle of the pack. What's more surprising to me is that Sumter County, home of The Villages and not exactly packed full of "leftists," is the second most vaccinated county in Florida with 74% fully vaccinated.

This suggests to me that some of Florida's seniors are talking a big game but secretly getting their jabs.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ine-doses.html

https://stacker.com/florida/counties...n-rate-florida
No, it's because the Morse Family - the developer of this community of 130,000 people, has invested heavily into Ron DeSantis' and donald trump's coffers (remember trump was president when all this started and the first vaccines and tests became available?). As a result, the Villages were some of the first in the country to have access to those tests and vaccines. And - since most of them are over age 60, they were among the first who were eligible to get them.

Old 01-06-2022, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Florida's doing great considering that Joe Biden lied about having a superior plan than Trump to end this pandemic...or something along those lines.

Joe lied. The vaccines are not vaccines at all, but Florida's still doing just fine for the aged population we have and the Millions of visitors bringing more spread with them.

Now, after the nedd for a 3rd jab came out, there's a 4th job coming! Howis that doing bette than Trump?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...hot-neccessary

Now Joe says there is no way to make covid go away, and the states will just have to deal with it. Some leadership that is.

No worries, Florida will figure it all out w/o Joe's help...nowif he would just allow states to buy tests, and meds for them to deal with it.
Biden didn't lie. He was wrong. The orange guy, on the other hand, lied. He said it'd go away in a week, and he had NO data at all to support that statement.

Biden had data to support his belief that he could get enough government assistance to stop the spread without mandates. He now realizes he was wrong.

Old 01-06-2022, 05:03 PM

Quote:
I sure hope that the trend that C22 is boasting about continues. I've got family and lots of friends still in Florida.

This certainly didn't age well. Two weeks later the first of 4 waves began to hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm6yjTrGkLc
I love how he ad-libbed "well we have lower deaths anyway"...

...because of course it can't possibly be true that everyone eventually dies, and "lower deaths anyway" is just categorically false and - rather stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida