Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2023, 04:14 PM

92 posts, read 75,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Another rate hike will have mortgages up to 7%. Still plenty of cash buyers.
That’s assuming the same makeup of cash buyers are immune to macro economics.

We’re likely going to be a cash buyer or have a tiny mortgage if I can convince my wife to actually downsize. Still doesn’t mean all the other economic issues don’t impact us. But as equity falls elsewhere the cash buyers will dry up.

I’m also watching in real time the price drops and things sellers are doing to their properties so they get a sale.

Those cash buyers who bought second homes will head for the exits to save equity and escape the rising insurance/condo/HOA fees. The ROI for recent buyers on rent is totally out of whack in many suburbs of FL.

The easy money days are over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2023, 04:59 PM

9,115 posts, read 6,160,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
If you forecast a falling real estate market for enough years in a row, you'll eventually be right...common sense...no link needed.

"In 1966, four years before securing the Nobel Prize for economics, Paul Samuelson quipped that declines in U.S. stock prices had correctly predicted nine of the last five American recessions. "

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...wall#xj4y7vzkg

But this time it's different!

Old 02-26-2023, 05:07 PM

25,704 posts, read 12,779,845 times
Florida is on a roll. People are willing to pay cash in something they believe in. This was long overdue because our great state was undervalued for decades.

The naysayers were burned repeatedly, but eventually they'll be right, but most of us are so far up, we can't see the bottom.

If anyone lost on real estate here in the last 6 years, I'd be surprised. If anyone did, my condolences.

Old 02-26-2023, 06:06 PM

92 posts, read 75,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
"In 1966, four years before securing the Nobel Prize for economics, Paul Samuelson quipped that declines in U.S. stock prices had correctly predicted nine of the last five American recessions. "

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...wall#xj4y7vzkg

But this time it's different!

I posted that in another thread. The hand waving and ignoring all the signs is why 2008 happened, it’s why this bubble happened, and we will have another one. People rationalize how this market isn’t a repeat of 2008 despite all the red flags.

People who get lucky with market timing think they are housing market geniuses.

This housing bust doesn’t even need a recession it’s already starting. People can’t afford the houses with inflated prices and now high interest rates. But yeah, “this time it’s different” lol

Old 02-26-2023, 07:36 PM

629 posts, read 401,350 times
I’m really trying to understand your angle here. I agree with beach - predict something long enough and it may come true. Are you a disgruntled, priced out renter who’s hoping for a downfall to enter the housing market? I locked in a 2.5% fixed…essentially free money on a brand new home which requires practically zero maintenance for 20 years in a very hot market. What exactly could my downside be?

What’s the sensible alternative? Should I just be at mercy of landlords and build no equity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerad View Post
Watch what happens…….
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida