Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2023, 03:20 PM

1,031 posts, read 561,806 times

Advertisements

The current day FL prides itself as the beacon of “freedom” and “liberty”, but judging from the reactions some have towards the outsiders with different views it’s not exactly very tolerant of freedom and liberty from people who aren’t you.

And FL cares very much about New York/New Yorkers. And you care very much what others think of you.-take one glance over the threads/forum, see for yourself. FL can’t stop taking about NY like a newly slimmed down younger sister trying to date the attractive older sister’s ex boyfriend…….

For a state who embraces so much of “freedom” “paradise lifestyle” “living the best life!”, you guys don’t sound very relaxed nor welcoming. For a state that’s surrounded by beautiful water why so insular and xenophobic?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2023, 04:51 PM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainsley1999 View Post
For a state who embraces so much of “freedom” “paradise lifestyle” “living the best life!”, you guys don’t sound very relaxed nor welcoming. For a state that’s surrounded by beautiful water why so insular and xenophobic?!
It's some New Yorkers that are xenophobic....

move to Florida for it is.....and try to change it to what they are used to....treating the Floridians as outsiders

Old 05-22-2023, 05:35 PM

3,428 posts, read 2,393,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Why would a man, homo or hetero, wear a one-piece swimsuit?

As for the rainbow colors, I have a pair or two of rainbow-colored swim trunks, and I also have a beach wear rainbow-colored tank top. The colors of the rainbow aren't owned by LGBTQ+...
Or... Are they?
Seems prejudice.
To answer your question, you'll need to look at the history of mens' swimwear. Men in one-pieces isn't new. It's not even a novelty. It was a thing for most of the 1900's, but fell out of favor when, at some point, men exposing their nipples became acceptable in public. Wearing JUST long baggy bathing trunks is actually the novelty, the new thing, that emerged only in the last couple of decades.

Old 05-23-2023, 08:15 AM

85 posts, read 70,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Well, the current Florida governor is doing the state of Florida zero favors for reputation, both nationwide and global.

Florida governor Ron Desantis recent bill signings to ban abortion (after 6 wks), ban trans healthcare, ban "saying gay" in classrooms and the banning of teaching important histories about many ethnicities is appalling.

Once businesses start taking their business elsewhere -- like Disney recent has with the expansion of 2000 jobs to Florida -- people will realize Desantis is not a good thing for Florida, long-term.

He's turning the clock back in Florida by 50-60 years.

Debunked here

Old 05-23-2023, 09:17 AM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
You'll do that right after you buy your new men's one-piece rainbow colored swimsuit at Target right? And you'll enjoy a Bud-Lite at the bar, to prove how tolerant and welcoming you are to anything that doesn't look, sound, or dress like you?
Beautiful women don't look, sound, or dress like me, but I'm extremely tolerent of them

Old 05-23-2023, 10:56 AM

21,616 posts, read 31,186,278 times
Quote:
Well, the current Florida governor is doing the state of Florida zero favors for reputation, both nationwide and global.

Florida governor Ron Desantis recent bill signings to ban abortion (after 6 wks), ban trans healthcare, ban "saying gay" in classrooms and the banning of teaching important histories about many ethnicities is appalling.

Once businesses start taking their business elsewhere -- like Disney recent has with the expansion of 2000 jobs to Florida -- people will realize Desantis is not a good thing for Florida, long-term.

He's turning the clock back in Florida by 50-60 years.
A lot of what you’re asserting can be disproven solely by reading the actual bill(s). Most jumping on the bandwagon by certain media outlets haven’t done that, and are using weaponized slogans to fight for their political ideologies. The “travel warnings” issued for people of color and LGBT members are a disgusting utilization of a minority population by special interest groups to further their political agenda.

That being said, I’m with you on his spat with Disney. It’s petty and unnecessary (and all for show).

Old 05-23-2023, 11:03 AM

140 posts, read 111,008 times
Quote:
Trust me, I will not be visiting Florida anytime soon. Nor will my friends and family.

The governor is not good for Florida business, reputation and ultimately, the people of Florida.
Wow, this has been a great week so far. And it's only Tuesday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
A lot of what you’re asserting can be disproven solely by reading the actual bill(s). Most jumping on the bandwagon by certain media outlets haven’t done that, and are using weaponized slogans to fight for their political ideologies. The “travel warnings” issued for people of color and LGBT members are a disgusting utilization of a minority population by special interest groups to further their political agenda.

That being said, I’m with you on his spat with Disney. It’s petty and unnecessary (and all for show).
You're giving him way too much credit. He's not capable of independent thought - he needs to be force fed his thoughts from the corrupt and dishonest media.

Old 05-23-2023, 11:08 AM

21,616 posts, read 31,186,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySipowicz View Post
You're giving him way too much credit. He's not capable of independent thought - he needs to be force fed his thoughts from the corrupt and dishonest media.
Nah. Jjbradley was always pretty reputable in his CT forum posts back in the day. I don’t agree with him here, but I also don’t agree with some of the politics of my closest friends.

Old 05-23-2023, 11:08 AM

7,733 posts, read 6,450,446 times
This is the equivalent of "I can't be racist, I got black friends!"

Old 05-23-2023, 11:28 AM

17,142 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincho-toot View Post
This is the equivalent of "I can't be racist, I got black friends!"
In what way? Please do tell... I could use the entertainment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida