Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2023, 02:20 PM

4,479 posts, read 3,848,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
2,400 kWh in a month for a 1750 sqft home at 76 degrees????????

You sir, have some underlying problems that need attention. That's not normal. At all. Even with all appliances and TVs constantly running.
Please see the 2nd bill I posted.

I don't have any problems; but TECO is certainly a problem in Tampa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2023, 02:26 PM

17,184 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post

I see it. Just saying, that's A LOT of usage.

I just checked my last bill, and for roughly the same size home, kept at 68 degrees, working from home (so constant computer equipment on, warm bodies including kids during the summer,) TVs on, fridge opening and closing all day, washer/dryer on roughly once a day, dishwasher on at least once a day, most times twice... I still only hit 1,500 kWh. Duke bill ~$207. Not sure what it is that your tenants are doing in there running up that much usage with the AC on at 76.

Old 07-19-2023, 02:30 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,962,204 times
Quote:
Exorbitant auto insurance prices
Exorbitant property insurance prices
Exorbitant real estate prices
Exorbitant rental prices
Exorbitant roof prices
Exorbitant grocery prices
Exorbitant gas prices
and now exorbitant ELECTRIC BILLS due to the unrelenting heat and runaway utility company rate hikes!!!!!!!!!

People with 2000-square foot homes, who keep their AC set at 76, are getting 400-700 dollar electric bills in Tampa!

Next up: a $50 tax to go to the beach!
But hey! At least the kids can't read about the male seahorses giving birth, scientifically correct or not. Paradise !!!

Old 07-19-2023, 02:39 PM

17,184 posts, read 15,382,471 times
My end of June Duke bill:

That's with literally everything on, kids in and out constantly, and AC set to 68.

Looks like Duke is MORE expensive than TECO per kWh.

Quote:

Just curious: What is their usage during the month of, say, March 2023?

Old 07-19-2023, 03:03 PM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
Quote:
The only one stealing from Tampa residents is TECO. Here is my tenant's July bill for my 1750 sq foot rental property. This is now a very average
Tampa electric bill.

But hey, who said "freedom" was free???
Energy audit is overdue. Make the call, schedule it. Let us know how it turns out.

What year was the dwelling built in? Any energy saving upgrades made, like new windows? More insullation in the attic?

I do feel for you, and your tenant, so I hope you follow through on the free energy audit, & report back to us.

Old 07-19-2023, 03:07 PM

Quote:
I have had countless energy audits over the past 15 years and I am insulated up to the wazoo and believe me when I tell you that among ALL of my Tampa rental properties, a $400 electric bill this July is now AVERAGE. All of my tenants are complaining about it. And so are homeowners in the neighborhoods. All you have to do is read Next Door and Facebook Tampa groups. But of course you don't do that; you just come here and make false claims.
Then its time to take your case to the public utility commissioner. Maybe a class action suit.

I posted an article that stated an average of 11% rate hike, so make them show you the docs.

I'll bet some hungry lawyer would take it as a class action contingency case...he gets paid only if you win.

Find the lawyer/s they used in Vero Beach FL ~6 years ago. They'll be experts in this field. Internet search Vero Beach electric + lawsuits and you should fine who the lawyers were. That is who you want.

Old 07-19-2023, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Here's another bill from one of my other tenants!
Could these be catch up bills where thy estimated for a number of months, and then did an actual meter reading and had to bill for underestimating?

I think you need to start a new thread on this. There's a lot of there there. I think you may have a case, if this wasnt a catch up situation.

Old 07-19-2023, 03:14 PM

2,341 posts, read 2,289,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Then its time to take your case to the public utility commissioner. Maybe a class action suit.

I posted an article that stated an average of 11% rate hike, so make them show you the docs.

I'll bet some hungry lawyer would take it as a class action contingency case...he gets paid only if you win.

Find the lawyer/s they used in Vero Beach FL ~6 years ago. They'll be experts in this field. Internet search Vero Beach electric + lawsuits and you should fine who the lawyers were. That is who you want.
That 11% figure is probably accurate. I use TECO and my bill is up somewhere around 15% from this time last year so 11% is in the ballpark.

Old 07-19-2023, 03:19 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Could these be catch up bills where thy estimated for a number of months,
either that or someone is pulling our leg here....

~2500 kWh for a 2000 sq ft house....nope

Old 07-19-2023, 03:19 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,904,667 times
Quote:
Exorbitant auto insurance prices
Guess you don't realize that folks actually go to school to learn risk (actuary) and set rates based experience. Not much you can do about others driving habits!

Quote:
Exorbitant property insurance prices
You do realize you live in hurricane valley?

Quote:
Exorbitant real estate prices
Ytue, folks want to live in Florida, driving demand plus due to the weather, construction requirements are costly.

Quote:
Exorbitant rental prices
See above

[quote]Exorbitant roof prices/quote]
See above

Quote:
Exorbitant grocery prices
No more than anyplace else in fact in some cases they are less! We can thank the Biden administration and their war on fossil fuels.

Quote:
Exorbitant gas prices
See above

Quote:
and now exorbitant ELECTRIC BILLS due to the unrelenting heat and runaway utility company rate hikes!!!!!!!!!
You live in Florida!! It is hot!!

Quote:
People with 2000-square foot homes, who keep their AC set at 76, are getting 400-700 dollar electric bills in Tampa!
Well do something about it, seal your cracks, insulate, change your windows, get a more efficient A/C unit instead of whining!

Quote:
Next up: a $50 tax to go to the beach!
Buy a place on the beach then!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida