Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 12:38 PM

45 posts, read 156,890 times

Advertisements

Job offer in Panama City? Any imput? Tell me about the crime, shopping, dining, and cost of living, also, best beaches in the county to hang out. Help!!!! Which city in Bay County should I live in?!!? Help!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 01:04 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,457,397 times
City-Data has some of this info. Try this link: http://www.city-data.com/city/Panama-City-Florida.html

Old 08-08-2009, 01:18 PM

45 posts, read 156,890 times
any personal input?

Old 08-08-2009, 03:10 PM

807 posts, read 3,186,952 times
I'm west of PC in Walton County. Beaches are first rate. There's lots of the chain restaurants in PC and the 'fine dining' style seem to be over here in Walton. We attended 'Fridayfest' last night in PC which is a huge car show in historic downtown with live bands and such. It's a monthly event and really packs in the people!

I've experienced no crime except the $5.00 for a funnel cake last night, lol.

There's shopping at the PC mall or better yet at Pier Park.

Depending on your situation (age, marital status, job and such) it's hard to suggest a 'best' town to live in.

I hope it all works out for you.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:22 PM

13 posts, read 36,555 times
Panama City.... FILTHY! It is the dirtiest dump in florida, it is an example of why they call it the DIRTY south! The best(and the cleanest) 'burb would probaly be the Callaway-Parker area. It is spotless, beautiful, safe, and the people are nice. The beaches are nice, if you are looking for the best, check out the city of Laguna Beach, FL. It is in bay county, nice, quiet, and friendly. Check out Sugar Sands in Laguna Beach, it is cheap but luxurious. Lynn Haven is the red-necky part of Bay County, so stick with Callaway-Parker. Bye!

Old 08-11-2009, 04:24 AM

807 posts, read 3,186,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissimmee_2_Georgia View Post
Panama City.... FILTHY! It is the dirtiest dump in florida, it is an example of why they call it the DIRTY south! The best(and the cleanest) 'burb would probaly be the Callaway-Parker area. It is spotless, beautiful, safe, and the people are nice. The beaches are nice, if you are looking for the best, check out the city of Laguna Beach, FL. It is in bay county, nice, quiet, and friendly. Check out Sugar Sands in Laguna Beach, it is cheap but luxurious. Lynn Haven is the red-necky part of Bay County, so stick with Callaway-Parker. Bye!
Well, as someone who's travelled the entire state extensively for over 25 years, I decided to settle here and I can say these comments are untrue. I don't get the plug for Laguna Beach as it's no different from the other beach communities (I can't call it a city) here and yes, I drive through it regularly.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:15 PM

9 posts, read 21,022 times
Default Panama City may be the worst part of Florida!

Quote:
Yes, I would have to agree that FILTHY about sums it up. The former district attorney was recently accused of forcing his employees to have sex with him. Criminal charges were never brought on him, however the State of Florida had to pay out $75,000 each to 3 women to shut them up and make the scandal go away.

Probation and Correction officers are charged with sexually assualting inmates. The Florida Panhandle is HIGH CRIME.

The corruption is so bad that you can't tell the difference from the so called "good guys" and the "bad guys".

The sheriff of Okaloosa county was just charged with racketeering.

STAY AWAY FROM THE FLORIDA PANHANDLE!

Old 08-19-2009, 06:21 PM

18,120 posts, read 11,754,865 times
Potty Mouth;
Where are you getting these facts from, if I may ask?

Doesn't sound right to me (as a former Panhandler) each woman was paid to hush up but this is world known? How's that a secret?

Are you from the Panhandle?

Old 08-20-2009, 04:15 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times
Ex-panhandle sheriff sentenced to nearly 6 years
August 11th
PENSACOLA, Fla. -- The former head of the Florida Sheriffs' Association apologized to his Panhandle county and former employees for heading a money laundering and corruption scheme before a judge sentenced him to nearly six years in federal prison Tuesday

State attorney’s office settles harassment suit (http://www.blogcatalog.com/search.frame.php?term=sexual+harassment+attorney&i d=26ad696fcbeae048aba87e5b77305031 - broken link)
There has definitely been a good ole boy system in the past, with people feathering their own little nests.
I do think things are changing.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:17 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,240,999 times
Quote:
So, if my job is in Lynn Haven that I may take, how far of a drive is that from either Panama City Beach, or the "nice area" of Callaway-Parker...and by nice, do you mean stereotypical cookie cutter suburb nice, or is it more historical nice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida