Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 09:16 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,212,862 times

Advertisements

Today in Orlando I never saw the sun...it was chilly and drizzling rain all day. A totally depressing, dreary day. Tonight as I walked the dog...it was cold (57 degrees) and raining...just miserable. I'm sitting here at the computer listening to the rain come down, it's chilly and my joints are aching. It makes me very thankful for our sunny weather. I don't mind the storms in summer, they just refresh the air and cool things off, but I hate the rain when it's cold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2007, 09:21 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,212,862 times
Just reread my post and wanted to apologize for sounding 'whiny'. I don't mean to complain...what I was trying to say (and did it badly) is that days like today remind me that I'm grateful to live in what is normally a warm, bright and sunny place. I take it for granted too often!

Old 01-24-2007, 09:32 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,164,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogal View Post
Today in Orlando I never saw the sun...it was chilly and drizzling rain all day. A totally depressing, dreary day. Tonight as I walked the dog...it was cold (57 degrees) and raining...just miserable. I'm sitting here at the computer listening to the rain come down, it's chilly and my joints are aching. It makes me very thankful for our sunny weather. I don't mind the storms in summer, they just refresh the air and cool things off, but I hate the rain when it's cold.
Same weather in northwest Florida , but better days are coming....

Old 01-24-2007, 09:32 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,448,326 times
Hey Pianogal, it's nice that you think of us poor saps up north. Winters are hard for a lot of people because of SAD and also any ailment you have is multiplied by winter. Our past two winters have been very nice and this winter has a good start of being nice, too. But look out next week. Our highs for the day will be above zero, but our nights will be well below zero and then of course we have the awful windchills.

I'm like you~I love the summer rains and even summer thunderstorms. It's funny how things like rain can be different in other parts of the U.S. Last autumn we went to Ok. and their rain seemed to come straight down and of course, it was more humid then it is here when it rains. We were also in Fla. for Christmas 2004 and it was raining for two or three days and it was actually chilly with the wind blowing. Then it cleared up and the sun came out and it was instantly nice and warm again. I definitely appreciate our summers because I've lived through too many rough winters and hopefully I'll remember to not take nice weather for granted when we live down there.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:51 PM

628 posts, read 1,834,554 times
Quote:
Same for the last 2 days in Tampa Bay - this is very depressing but at least its not like winter up north. A few days and the warm sun will be back

Old 01-24-2007, 09:56 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,087,630 times
I wish it was 57 degrees here then I could open the window and get some fresh air. Its 84 in my room without the a/c

Old 01-25-2007, 06:18 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
I appreciate your empathy, pianogal. Today, I'd trade that rainy, 57 degree weather for what we have. While the sun is shining, it's -10 at my house. Saranac Lake, NY, which is about an hour away from us, is -24. And no, I'm not talking windchill. That's straight temperature. Affordable, it's all yours.

Old 01-25-2007, 06:31 AM

317 posts, read 1,229,709 times
Default Single digits coming...rivers starting to freeze over

I live by the rivers that feed into the Atlantic just a mile away. I've got a boat that I've been trying to sell; the marina owner called yesterday and said I've got to get it out and put it on land for winter storage (and winterized) $$$!, because the river has started to freeze. Supposed to have single digit temps on their way. Today, just your average completely grey chilly 30 degree day.

Just another reminder for the Floridians who are able to enjoy swimming year round...I found a house to rent yesterday. It has a pool, but the pool has been covered up and "winterized" also, since the end of September. Owner doesn't open it up again until late May.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:10 AM

83 posts, read 326,270 times
Default I love the rainy days....

Quote:
I love rainy days, I love to hear the thunder watch the lightning as it lights up the sky. (Just like the song) I don't want them on a daily basis, but I do enjoy the sound of the rain. The trees are drinking water which in return gives us more oxgen. I don't like to drive in the rain, but if I'm home and it's raining, that's ok.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:24 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
A friend and I will be doing some "recon" south of Kissimmee and the forcast for minimum temps on Friday and Saturday is 19 degrees warmer than what it is supposed to be here in Gainesville. That's good because we will be camping in a tent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida