Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2008, 11:50 PM

1,042 posts, read 2,171,511 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a good web page somewhere that would give me data on the weather in the various cities in Florida for a range of time? Say several years worth?

Even better, one that I could use to compare cities in Florida with say...cities in Texas or Arizona.

Weather is a big criteria for me in terms of deciding upon the city to make my permanent residence in.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 06:49 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,557,279 times
National and Local Weather Forecast, Radar, Map and Report

Old 08-19-2008, 07:24 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,454,477 times
Noaa is a good one, you can go back to 2003. This link is set for Miami (so you need to change it for other cities) National Weather Service Climate

Click on Preliminary Climatology Data and then on Archived Data, and then you can pick the month and year and it will give you day by day what the temps were, the rain, humidity, etc.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:52 PM

Thanks very much to you both! I had a look see at both sites and it seems like the latter one is more in line with what I am looking for. Only it seems to have only four cities that can tracked for years past.

I'll have to play with it some more...maybe tommorrow.

By the way...it seems like my old stomping grounds of Melbourne on the East coast is getting slammed, rain wise. Glad I am up here at this time of year I guess.

Thanks again.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:12 PM

9 posts, read 21,997 times
Default website

www.wunderground.com

Old 08-20-2008, 09:44 PM

Thanks InsureLance but there doesn't seem to be any historical weather data associated with the links you listed.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:36 AM

Location: Gainesville, Florida/now in Qinhuangdao China/Beijing
31 posts, read 112,764 times
Crown Weather Services

Old 08-22-2008, 07:32 PM

Thanks billymillennium but, I am not looking for yet another weather web site that dissects the current weather in a thousand ways. I am looking for a web site that shows the weather over a period of years for a given city such that I can then compare the weather in various cities in Florida. So that I can pick the best city with the best overall weather for further research in terms of whether I might want to settle there. An easy to use web site with historical data that is imminently readable by someone such as me - who is not a metereologists or other weather professional.

So far...I have not found any good site for such...yet. Some sites suggested here are okay for a few cities but none contain historical weather date for any and all cities in the central Florida region - never mind all of Florida.

I don't know if Florida is like this but in certain parts of where I am, the weather can be significantly different from one city to the next depending on which side of a mountain range or coast a city is on. That's the kind of info I am looking to find about cities in Florida.

Does Melbourne have better weather than Clearwater? Overall? Can that be proven by going back several years and looking at historical weather data? That kind of stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: