Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2013, 02:27 PM

1 posts, read 3,077 times

Advertisements

few months ago, I was driving on Tampa and Miami fl, I didnt know about the tolls,they change to toll by plate, I just pass thru....how o where can I check if I have something pending, like tickets. o something that i have to pay, because I didn't receive none from them.

Thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 02:39 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
Call Sunpass directly. Not sure how they will pull up your information if you don't have a Sunpass Account, I suspect by your tag number maybe? They can probably tell you if you have any fees to pay or at least give you a number of who to call (like MDX which is a toll road in Miami-Dade County that uses Sunpass).

https://www.sunpass.com/index

Old 01-30-2013, 03:19 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,008,156 times
If you had a rental car it will be sent to the rental compmay first and then the rental car company will either send you a bill or just add tHe charge to your credit card. Or they may just pay it. I was once using Zipcar and got a speeding violation ticket or at least the speed camera flashed but I never got the citation. Who knows if D.C. Figured the work of figuring out the driver was not worth the $30.

If you are driving your own car you would get a ticket or bill to your home or what ever address the car is registered to. So if you don't get notified I wouldn't worry about it. One out of 6 plates aren't readable in the pictures too.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:46 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
We've got a Sunpass ... and when the battery is low and won't register, we've gotten billed for missed tolls. -(It's too frustrating to have to stop at 5 toll booths just to get across the city of Orlando. I'm not sure how cost-effective it is to look-up and bill violators without the Sunpass.

Along these lines, the toll 'management' company/agency is certainly not lacking for money ....They have a license to 'take' money from taxpayers who already paid for the road (of course, they have to pay for all those toll booths, systems and collectors!) Orlando simply keeps adding new toll gates further out on the East-West/Beeline toll road -- they'll probably stop when they reach the ocean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida