Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 10:45 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoMA4good View Post
It's not my only way to feel. I am going to enjoy the things here for the rest of the week. I think I have said many times there are positives here too.

If I stay negative all the time I feel like a grouch to other people. So I have been just going with the flow.
Good for you! It does feel better to just "go with the flow."

You must be getting excited since your move is so near. Such a beautiful time of year - even here in Lakeland the weather feels beautiful today - clear blue sky, no humidity and beautiful breeze - I even felt a little cool this a.m.!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 02:31 PM

72 posts, read 162,243 times
The reality is, my life could be a hundred times worse and I know that. I think about that every day. I know that, and I make the best of the life I have, thanking God for and finding joy in even the smallest things.

I do this while I suffer. Saying this, in my opinion, is not so much complaining as it is being honest. Even prisoners make the best of their surroundings, but no matter how many songs they sing to themselves, they do not find it wonderful!

Being chained to a palm tree in a hot and humid dungeon, with pictures of bad memories hanging all over the walls, new ones added with each passing year, is not wonderful!

Old 09-19-2008, 02:44 PM

944 posts, read 3,848,020 times
Florida haters and Florida lovers oversimplify the reality of living in Florida; it's a state where both anger and beauty flow freely in many vessels.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:46 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,661,046 times
I lived here before 30 years ago when I was in my 20s. I "experienced" enough then. In the 30 years I was away, I only came back 3 times. I had to move here. I knew fully well what it was like and didn't want to "experience" it ever again to live here.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:50 PM

72 posts, read 162,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggy View Post
Florida haters and Florida lovers oversimplify the reality of living in Florida; it's a state where both anger and beauty flow freely in many vessels.
It's different for everyone.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:53 PM

Default I will give you that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggy View Post
You either love Florida or you hate Florida. There is very rarely an in between. Well, maybe the people who only want to come here for a week's vacation every once in a while.

Old 09-19-2008, 03:28 PM

710 posts, read 2,233,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
You either love Florida or you hate Florida. There is very rarely an in between. Well, maybe the people who only want to come here for a week's vacation every once in a while.
I don't agree AT ALL.
Maybe on these boards the people who either love or hate feel compelled to try and find people who feel like they do and post their musings, but most people I know, myself included, are pretty ambivalent about Florida.

It is what it is - where we live, work and play for better or for worse.

Old 09-19-2008, 03:45 PM

Default I go on another state forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetsurf View Post
I don't agree AT ALL.
Maybe on these boards the people who either love or hate feel compelled to try and find people who feel like they do and post their musings, but most people I know, myself included, are pretty ambivalent about Florida.

It is what it is - where we live, work and play for better or for worse.
There was recently a poll on another state forum regarding this. Not one person said they would want to move to Florida. Nice place to visit, but not to live. There was even a poll on THIS state forum. Of all the people I knew from where I lived, nobody wants to move to Florida. A couple don't even want to VISIT Florida. I am sure if you were born and raised here you might get a different reaction, but I talking about transplants.

As I said previously, another person on that forum thread called Florida Jurastic Park. I still stand by my statement, from the people I know and have blogged with, you either love it or hate it, as far as wanting to live here.

Old 09-19-2008, 03:51 PM

710 posts, read 2,233,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
There was recently a poll on another state forum regarding this. Not one person said they would want to move to Florida. Nice place to visit, but not to live. There was even a poll on THIS state forum. Of all the people I knew from where I lived, nobody wants to move to Florida. A couple don't even want to VISIT Florida. I am sure if you were born and raised here you might get a different reaction, but I talking about transplants.

As I said previously, another person on that forum thread called Florida Jurastic Park. I still stand by my statement, from the people I know and have blogged with, you either love it or hate it, as far as wanting to live here.
I'm not discounting there are lovers and haters here and elsewhere, but the people I know who LIVE HERE in Dade, Broward and PB, almost ALL of whom are transplants (like me), are all pretty ambivilant. Some fall on the side of liking it more (like me), some fall more on the side liking it less. I don't know ANYBODY who actually lives here who loves or hates it. I mean, REALLY loves or hates? Not one.

Congratulations, know you've "blogged" with someone who does neither! lol

We don't have to agree, just MY experience. Good luck with your musings.

Last edited by planetsurf; 09-19-2008 at 04:07 PM..

Old 09-19-2008, 04:09 PM

Default I don't know anyone in between, not blogger either

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetsurf View Post
I'm not discounting there are lovers and haters here and elsewhere, but the people I know who LIVE HERE, almost ALL of whom are transplants, are all pretty ambivilant. Some fall on the side of liking it more (like me), some fall more on the side liking it less. I don't know ANYBODY who actually lives here who loves or hates it. I mean REALLY loves or hates. Not one.

Congratulations, know you've "blogged" with someone who does neither! lol

We don't have to agree, just MY experience. Good luck with your musings.
The people who I work with praise it all the time. So much so, I have to walk away when they start in. My neighbors across the street LOVE it. They are constantly at the beach. All their kids who moved down here do too.

My husband's boss and his wife HATE it and came here as teenagers. Our former neighbor hates it and is moving away when he marries next year.

Sorry, I have not personally met anyone in between who is actually living here and is a transplant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida