Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 07:15 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,833,860 times

Advertisements

THis will anger you. To those who don't know, FL is home of the biggest real estate scammers in the world. THis one scam, called a "doubled property tax" is going to make you fume.

This should serve as a warning: READ EVERYTHING AND TRUST NO ONE IN THE REAL ESTATE BUSINESS.

Check it out:

Central Fla. Homeowners Outraged Over 'Double Taxing'
Manager: Fee Is Fair

POSTED: 7:12 am EDT April 20, 2007
UPDATED: 7:22 am EDT April 20, 2007

A group of homeowners in Kissimmee, Fla., is blasting a company they claim is taxing them twice for living in their subdivision and forcing families into bankruptcy.

Homeowners at the Parkview at Lakeshore subdivision said when they purchased their homes two years ago they were never told about their Community Development District.

The CDD is a separate governing authority that charges its own taxes to maintain the subdivision.

This year, the CDD fee doubled, so many are paying $3,700 in property taxes and another $3,800 to the CDD, the report said.

"We are going to go bankrupt or foreclose," a homeowner told Local 6 News.

Another homeowner said the fee has destroyed families in the community.

"We can't sell," a homeowner said. "No one is going to buy our homes."

Moderator cut: img cut, copy write issues

http://www.local6.com/news/12595992/detail.html (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2007, 07:31 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,456,952 times
HMMM sounds like that area of Fla. is going to eventually get just what some people want~a less populated area.

Old 04-20-2007, 08:54 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,436,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
THis will anger you. To those who don't know, FL is home of the biggest real estate scammers in the world. THis one scam, called a "doubled property tax" is going to make you fume.

This should serve as a warning: READ EVERYTHING AND TRUST NO ONE IN THE REAL ESTATE BUSINESS.

Check it out:

A group of homeowners in Kissimmee, Fla., is blasting a company they claim is taxing them twice for living in their subdivision and forcing families into bankruptcy.

Homeowners at the Parkview at Lakeshore subdivision said when they purchased their homes two years ago they were never told about their Community Development District.

The CDD is a separate governing authority that charges its own taxes to maintain the subdivision.

This year, the CDD fee doubled, so many are paying $3,700 in property taxes and another $3,800 to the CDD, the report said.

That is such a shame, and I know the feeling.
We are one of the lucky ones, to have sold our house just recently. (Which at this point in time is unheard of, because of the huge inventory build up with homes for sale/ forclosure)
I feel so bad for those families!!!
It's just chaos here anymore, and fees/ taxes popping up out of no-where. When the heck is that going to stop?

Old 04-20-2007, 09:02 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,763,852 times
It will stop when the buyers say ENOUGH. But as long as there are gullible refugees willing to sign everything, and northeasterners justifying how inexpensive Florida is there will be no improvement.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:07 AM
MB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
It will stop when the buyers say ENOUGH. But as long as there are gullible refugees willing to sign everything, and northeasterners justifying how inexpensive Florida is there will be no improvement.
Hey you
I think you just hit the nail right on the head there....lol
I agree with you 100 %!

Old 04-20-2007, 09:32 AM

1,775 posts, read 8,101,956 times
You know what though, i've seen quite a few people from Jersey moving here thinking this place is a bargin to them so let it be them who comes in to buy our homes so we can get out. I have a friend who moved here a year ago from Jersey and he said it's so much cheaper here including taxes and insurance.

It's also funny. I just bought some property in TN for a future move and people on the TN forum were telling me that property prices up there should not be compared to FL. Yet i was able to get 8 acres of beutiful rolling hills with a view of the mountains for $45,000. To them in TN, that seemed expensive. Compare that to what you get for $45,000 in FL?

Old 04-20-2007, 09:36 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,833,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellefort View Post
You know what though, i've seen quite a few people from Jersey moving here thinking this place is a bargin to them so let it be them who comes in to buy our homes so we can get out. I have a friend who moved here a year ago from Jersey and he said it's so much cheaper here including taxes and insurance.

It's also funny. I just bought some property in TN for a future move and people on the TN forum were telling me that property prices up there should not be compared to FL. Yet i was able to get 8 acres of beutiful rolling hills with a view of the mountains for $45,000. To them in TN, that seemed expensive. Compare that to what you get for $45,000 in FL?
TN is a bargain. These people have no clue how much we suffer with high home prices, low wages, and RIP OFF TAXES in Florida.

I don't even think in Taxachussets (a.k.a. Masschussetts) get rip off this bad by property taxes.

As Jamie said, FL will become less populated soon. These are horrendous taxing practices. People are suffering.

I am GLAD my condo is sold now. I did not have to let it foreclose, but I WOULD HAVE if we had not gotten that last minute offer.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:42 AM

1,775 posts, read 8,101,956 times
We're not moving for 5 more years so hopefully by then, something will be done where our home will at least sell in a timely manner. not holding my breath but 5 years is a long time for things to change in FL.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:30 AM
MB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellefort View Post
We're not moving for 5 more years so hopefully by then, something will be done where our home will at least sell in a timely manner. not holding my breath but 5 years is a long time for things to change in FL.
You are so right...5 years is a long time for things to change, for the worse and/ or for the better. (I hope and pray it will be for the better!!!!!)
I hope, the government will make proper changes here in FL, concerning taxes, HOI and all. Families, people, living here deserve that!
Let's bring FL back to the point where it ought to be!
A haven and ideal place for middle class people, hard working people, and not only the rich and famous who CAN affort living here!

Old 04-20-2007, 11:20 AM

672 posts, read 906,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post

Check it out:

Our property taxes on LI two years ago were just under $10,000. The woman who bought our home is now paying just over $12,000. This is by no means the high end of property taxes either.

So to somebody from here, $6,000 would be CHEAP. I guess it is just what you are used to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida