Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 04:53 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,942,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
You just made an assumption about why people are leaving NY and PA and you then proceed to tell someone to not make assumptions.

I left NY for Florida because I hated the cold. I didn't even pack up my belongings, I went back for them later.

I also know many others who left because of the weather.

Well, everyone I know is leaving because of the cost of living here. Not saying NO ONE is moving for the weather, just saying I think a lot is because of the cost of living.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:09 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,063,350 times
I knew "american English comments" would come up. How predicable.

Edison Please, if you are unhappy do yourself a favor and move back to the NE if you can afford it. Bashing S. Florida is not gonna change its demographics. I really don't think your issue is the weather.

It's also OK for other people to disagree with you, even blacks and whites who happen to enjoy living in S. Florida. If everyone had the same taste, New Jersey would have a population of 300 Million people.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:27 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,664,680 times
Default Somebody made the comment that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
What does this have to do with weather?

It sounds like another one of your numerous I hate Florida rants that most people on this site have heard from you numerous times.

I believe most of the people that do like the warm weather did not cliam that there were deficiencies with people that like the cold weather, just that they like the warm weather and maybe the reasons why they don't like the cold.

Many of those on the other end of the spectrum claimed that people that like the warm weather are arrogant and prima donnas. I really love the logic behind that one.

Oh and one other fact for you. Florida population increase is still higher than NY's
people up North are JEALOUS of people in Florida because of the warm weather in the winter. I was answering THAT, saying that is not true.

As a real estate agent, are people beating down you door to buy all the houses on the market now? Prices have dropped significantly in the last year. Where are all the buyers? Why aren't they flocking down to Florida for the cheap real estate and warm weather? That was my point also to the other poster.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:33 PM

214 posts, read 560,353 times
I dont want to move to the North East, it has much of the same problems as Florida has, the only plus side to it is it has 4 seasons. I said where Im looking into..Utah.

I dislike Florida for MANY reasons but the weather is right up there at the top.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:14 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,063,350 times
You really should move.

Of course there are some places with better weather. CA has the best weather in my opinion, but I grew up in a very similar place and I'm really scared of landslides and earthquakes. You just don't get any warnings like you do with hurricanes. Besides it's not like I can afford California.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:45 AM

448 posts, read 1,471,385 times
remember as of Tuesday the world will be different. No more snow in the north The weather will be perfect in the south. No more bugs, snakes in FL. housing will pick up. Everything will be perfect in the world.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:36 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,931,944 times
Lol!!!

Old 01-23-2009, 03:26 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,664,680 times
Default Even Obama can't fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorbust View Post
remember as of Tuesday the world will be different. No more snow in the north The weather will be perfect in the south. No more bugs, snakes in FL. housing will pick up. Everything will be perfect in the world.
what is wrong with Florida. Only the supreme being can do that. Maybe SHE doesn't want to??????

Old 01-23-2009, 05:03 PM

448 posts, read 1,471,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
what is wrong with Florida. Only the supreme being can do that. Maybe SHE doesn't want to??????
wait, all along I thought he WAS the supreme being! Darn-it lied to again Oh, well. Maybe the Easter Bunny can help us Sorry off the topic. My bad

Old 01-23-2009, 05:14 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,536,485 times
I'd ask that we get back on topic.........again.......but then it seems apparent that we've covered it pretty exhaustively. Thread closed.

Frank D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida