Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 08:08 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,733,427 times

Advertisements

Areas I would recommend:

- Sarasota
- Cape Coral
- St. Pete (Some Parts)
- Dunedin
- Some Central FL neighborhoods are nice too.

Areas I would NOT recommend:

- Bradenton
- Lehigh Acres
- Tampa
- Immokelee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 08:04 PM

29 posts, read 98,774 times
I live in Jupiter Florida, Beaches are wonderful, the area is Fantastic and life here is great. I have a four children and each one of them have gone to Jupiter First Preschool in Jupiter. The teachers are WONDERFUL and fun, while they are teaching the children. It’s Great! My oldest 14 still goes and helps out because she loves it and the four years old (my youngest) asks to go to school. Plus the area is fabulous. Day cares just Watch the children, this school actually teaches them.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:06 PM

346 posts, read 1,341,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvette2783 View Post
Hello,

I am Yvette, I am 27 years old and I have a 3 year old son. I currently live in Oklahoma. I work in IT (Information Technology - another words I fix computers, network administration, etc) and my son is in Daycare while I am at work. I have a Lovely new home here. All my family is here. A very strong support system is here... BUT WE WANT OUT LOL

No No... Its not like that. I want to move away for 1 YEAR - Thats it... ONE YEAR. My Dreams since I was old enough to drive was to DRIVE right out of Oklahoma, Live by the beach, and Drive right back home when I was ready to raise a family. Well now me and my lil man have our own thing going here, which is great, but he will be starting Kindergarden in a few years and I want us to do this together. I know that it will be tough but it something that I really want to do, I do not want to be 80 saying man I never got to because I was to chicken to GET OUT THERE AND GO!

Anyways - Like I was saying my support system is great. My parents are going to take care of my home here while I am gone. I just have to find where I want to go now.

Where would be a good place for me and my son to live for a year, close to the beach, good IT jobs, close to town, small town/big town doesn't matter, SAFE, SAFE, SAFE, and fun for us to live for approx a year???!?!?!?!?

Please give me advice if you have any and please, I know you are thinking of my son when you try to change my mind (EVERYONE TRIES - no one wants me to leave home where we both have it so good) But if ANYTHING - ANYTHING - ANYTHING was to happen we would have a plane ticket home in 2 minutes of 2 GRANDPARENTS knocking on the door within record time.

I just want to do it before my son starts schoool because then I know we will be in Oklahoma until he graduates

Please Reply - I can't wait to hear from you!!!!

-Yvette
I think if you are coming over from Oklahoma, St. Pete would be a great place for you to try for 1 year. My family moved to St. Pete when I was still in high school and liked it. I liked it compared to Omaha, Nebraska. I use to go to the beach in St. Pete and play volleyball everyday with my friends. The area of Old Northeast near downtown St. Pete is great and has lots of rentals. The neighborhood use to be rough, but that area went through a huge revival and the downtown area is not the most vibrant area anywhere in the city. If you live near downtown, you can walk to the beaches, and feel safe doing so. I live in South Florida now and love this area, but a person needs to take it a bit slower when they move to Florida from the midwest. Not too slow like Cape Coral or Naples. I've visited those areas and wasn' too impress. I too work in the technology industry and like it down here.

Old 06-12-2008, 04:19 PM

185 posts, read 652,924 times
Hi Yvette,

I'd take a look at Ft. Walton Beach, or close to Pensacola. Pensacola maybe for computer jobs. I was taken aback reading your post. My youngest son moved to N.M. 9 months ago, he is now a computer administrator where he works. The company is putting some type of system. The team that came out to help them, one was from Pensacola. They offered him a job in Pensacola. He was raised most of his life in Naples Fl. and couldn't get anywhere job wise. Talk about full circle. Staying in N.M. loves it there.
GOOD LUCK!

Old 07-11-2008, 09:00 PM

7 posts, read 22,664 times
go with the gulf side beaches are nicer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida