Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2007, 01:38 PM

30 posts, read 366,045 times

Advertisements

OK currently we have lived in Carson City Nv for 4 years, before that Springfield, IL

I have been to florida a few times and fell in love with, my husband just got a job offer ( Construction )

Our friends who got him the offer live in Palm Coast, I think the company itself does work all over the Daytona/Flager area there so we are free as far as exactly what town we live in as long as its reasonably near most of the work that he does, which I believe will be right in and around Daytona for the most part..

Now having done a cross country move before I learned a few things

I do not want to move directly into a house, not even a rental house, I have 2 kids and its just too hard on them..
for them and for me we found it way easier to just grab up a cute apartment in a safe neighborhood, with a school bus or near a school since we will only be having a work truck for the first few months like we did here

that way no one gets attached to the starter rental house only to find out you really love the neighborhood in the next town over or whatever..

I just really prefer to start off in a affordable apartment, have the low ultility bills while we settle into the new town
and get to know the different areas and surronding towns, ect

So thats what I am curious about right now, apartments in the areas of Palm Coast/Flagler
I see alot of condos for rent, mostly 2 bedrooms though
any apartment complexs in safe neighborhoods?
how is the rent on 3 bedrooms?
I am not finding alot online I can tell you..

And if we do end up in Daytona , what is it really like to live there? how are the apartment complexs in that area?

Like I said the only people we really know , our friends live in palm coast, so I would like to stay sorta near them for weekend bbq's and so forth , espically starting out till we meet other ppl and so forth..
But I sure dont see many apartments online for that area

Some advice, knowledge would be great!
And just a feel for the area..I can tell its touristy of course
but any other families out there in this area that have great info for me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2007, 01:43 PM

Ok I wanted to add that I just found the other threads on Palm Coast and am reading through them..

It dosnt sound like bliss!

So ok..other then palm coast..if you were moving for a good job in the area, but could really live anywhere around that basic area..where would you go?

If you had kids, and your sort of a *hippie* mom married to a construction worker
just to give you a idea about us

Old 04-24-2007, 01:50 PM

131 posts, read 1,034,368 times
I know you're looking for an apartment, but try checking into rental houses in Flagler Beach. Flagler is a pretty cool, laid-back little beach town and you can often find rental houses a few blocks from the beach for a decent deal. The population there is a mix of retirees, beach bums, fisherman and surfers, and I'm sure there are a few hippies mixed in as well.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:06 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,167,920 times
Check out the Daytona Beach News-Journal: www.news-journalonline.com
Ormond Beach is closest to Palm Coast and it's much nicer than Daytona or Holly Hill.

There are a couple of complexes next to each other in a nice area of Ormond, right across from The Trails shopping center. They're the least expensive in Ormond and about 20 minutes from PC.

The Oaks Of LakeBridge www.continentalpropertyservices.com.

Willow Pond www.willowpond.info.

The only reason I'm familiar with them is from helping my brother re-locate. Good Luck!

Old 04-24-2007, 03:16 PM
SKB

900 posts, read 3,497,680 times
This site is fantastic:

http://www.vast.com/rentals/location-palm-Coast

Old 04-24-2007, 03:43 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,744,309 times
Palm Coast S UCKS in a big way! :-)

There is nothing there but homes, mostly vacant. There are quite a few threads on this if you do a search. You will have to travel to St. Augustine or Daytona to go shopping or really do anything. Palm Coast is VERY small town, like living in the country.

If I were you I'd go to the Daytona area. That's where we live. I spent 4 months living in an apartment in Ormond Beach while we checked out the area. We decided to buy in Port Orange, but I do also like Ormond Beach.

I wouldn't live right in Daytona city limits, I'd go to Ormond Beach or Port Orange. Both are safer and have nicer places.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:06 PM

33 posts, read 231,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvanagurl View Post
Ok I wanted to add that I just found the other threads on Palm Coast and am reading through them..

It dosnt sound like bliss!

So ok..other then palm coast..if you were moving for a good job in the area, but could really live anywhere around that basic area..where would you go?

If you had kids, and your sort of a *hippie* mom married to a construction worker
just to give you a idea about us
I'd give Palm Coast a try. Some people on this board who have never lived there give false information. Best advice, visit Palm Coast and see for yourself. You might like it or might not.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:24 PM

Default Thank you!

Thank you so much, I couldnt find this thread at first, so I started another one with a bit more details on what is really important to me, but I am writting down everything that was replied to here!

Thank you!!! You guys are great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida