Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 06:32 AM

312 posts, read 1,904,761 times

Advertisements

Hi Bamboosmom! I'm from FL, too. Our house has been on the market since late March. We finally had an offer 3 weeks ago - like you, we had to counteroffer because the buyer want to reduce $5,000, even we already reduce the price 3x before and plus they want us to pay 100% closing cost.

We gave them two choices and the deal went dead. Two weeks later, we got a new offer and she want $3,000 less for what we asked, and help her pay $2,000 closing cost - we accepted her offer. Yesterday, the inspection came here to inspected our house. We will find out today about the result. I'm in the basketcase!

Anyway, Bamboosmom - best wishes on your home and move to your dream home!

Old 07-18-2006, 01:52 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,571,889 times
It's still available! Boy all I can say is they passed up a good deal.
I know it will sell!

Old 07-18-2006, 05:52 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,654,361 times
Don't feel bad. My Wife and I have spent about $20,000.00 going to different places to look around.

Everytime we fly back into Ft Myers airport and compare it with where we just returned from....we start thinking that maybe leaving here isn't such a good idea afterall and maybe we are close ( pricewise ) to getting more for our money here than selling and going elsewhere.

Maybe not.

But maybe

Old 07-19-2006, 02:42 PM

Mr. T,
Where do you want to live?? You will for sure get more for your money in SW Florida. Geez, prices up north are crazy. Have you seen the prices in NJ, NY, Boston???
I can't believe that buyers are willing to pass up some great homes at prices that you can't get up north. They are coming down thinking that we are all going to just hand them our homes. They should appreciate what SW Florida has to offer and get a great deal now because you never know what tommorrow will bring.

Old 07-20-2006, 10:10 AM

2,209 posts, read 7,654,361 times
Bam, we looked in western NC and couldn't believe some of the negative experiences we had with regards to racism ( My Wife is Asian and I'm Caucasian ). Started our trek in Asheville when we lost use of the house from Charley ( yeah we were in the closet). Ashevilles cool but being a recent heart patient , I need to walk walk walk and you need to be a billy goat in Asheville so we drifted down to Hendersonville. Also very nice but on the 3rd trip back to Hendersonville it seemed more and more crowded and so we drifted further south to Columbus/Tryon and THERE we were met with pockets of ignorance I have never personally experienced. We are in the process of creating a mini website about it and it will be online for all to see ( and hopefully get some benefit from ) in a couple of weeks.

Had major issues with high speed CABLE internet availability in western NC.

So last week we went to Peachtree City/Fayetteville Georgia and really liked it.

Love the Hideout in the Poconos where we also went but BRRRRRR way too much cold in the winter for us.

Might buy a house in Ga

Believe me we weren't expecting it to be as nice as it turned out to be. An aquaintence who goes to chelation therapy with me in Punta Gorda recommended it .

Rgrds
Tom

Old 07-20-2006, 10:24 AM

Hey Cakeprincess,
Thanks for your kind words. Hopefully your inspection turns out perfecto!
I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Hi Tom,
Well I sure hope you find a nice place where you are accepted. It seems that even the northerners aren't accepted in the Carolina's too much. Hmm.
Just make sure you talk to as many people in Ga. to see if they are friendly there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: