Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2007, 12:35 PM

1 posts, read 3,441 times

Advertisements

Hi All, I'm moving to Palm Coast in the next few months and I am looking for a job as an attorney (I would consider the surrounding areas as well). I am licensed in another state (NC) and will sit for the Florida Bar in July. I have capital markets experience at a well-regarded Charlotte firm and several summer clerkships in litigation. I know this isn't officially a job-seeking web site, but I figured anything to network would be good. Any advice or contact information would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2007, 01:04 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,167,681 times
Default Good Luck & Welcome to Flagler!

www.CobbCole.com (oldest & most reputable firm in Daytona)
www.RiceRoseLaw.com (another large firm)

County government & links: www.flaglercounty.org
Local newspaper: www.news-journalonline.com (Daytona Beach News-Journal)
State website jobsearch: www.myflorida.com
St. Johns county newspaper: www.staugustine.com

Old 01-18-2007, 01:05 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,189,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriLynn View Post
Hi All, I'm moving to Palm Coast in the next few months and I am looking for a job as an attorney (I would consider the surrounding areas as well). I am licensed in another state (NC) and will sit for the Florida Bar in July. I have capital markets experience at a well-regarded Charlotte firm and several summer clerkships in litigation. I know this isn't officially a job-seeking web site, but I figured anything to network would be good. Any advice or contact information would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
I just picked up the Fort Lauderdale phone book and there are over 120 pages of lawyers more then any other catorgy by at least two to one. Most of the lawyers I know don't make any money down here. Unless you are starting your own practice or specialize in slip and fall can you even make a living as a lawyer? Maybe it is just Florida.

Old 04-28-2007, 04:47 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,743,962 times
Palm Coast is so small.... do they need an attorney there? :-)

Seriously though. Jobs are slim pickens there because there's nothing there. I would think most jobs are for cashiers and such. I can't imagine there are many attorney positions open.

Old 04-28-2007, 11:18 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Lorilynn, you might want to check out a professional "job posting" service such as Lawcrossing.com. It isn't free, but it has a lot of searchable features!

Old 04-28-2007, 06:52 PM

12 posts, read 51,482 times
Palm Coast used to be small, but Flagler County (Mostly Palm Coast)for the past few years has been the fastest growing county in the nation! It is developing quickly, and has begun construction for a new Town Center- meant to be like an old fashioned "downtown". You'll be able to park directly in front of a shop, along the sidewalk, and walk up and down the shops. Check out the Virtual Tour at http://www.towncenterpalmcoast.com. SuperTarget and Bed,Bath and Beyond have both confirmed they will have new locations there. It was also recently the host of The Ginn Open. Bobby Ginn has a Resort here. Also, The new European Village has brought amazing stores and reataurants to Palm Coast. Check it out at:

http://www.evresort.com/ (broken link)

I happen to know of many incidents where people have needed an attorneys help or advice. They have had to look in Daytona Beach to find someone. We need more local ones.

Again, depending on the specialty you wish to practice in, I can give you names and information of local Law Offices.

Old 04-29-2007, 10:48 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,835,057 times
Palm Coast could use a good family law attorney. Currently most people seek representation in Volusia or St Johns counties.

Old 04-30-2007, 08:06 AM

1,343 posts, read 5,167,681 times
I think this is a dead thread. She obviously didn't care enough to check back....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida