Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 08:41 PM

574 posts, read 2,045,135 times

Advertisements

The Daytona 500 fans here this weekend aren't too happy either. It rained all day today canceling the truck race a few other small ones, tents and campsites are blowing down in the wind, campfires which they are using to warm themselves are getting put out by the rain and its just cold! I hope the stores have a lot of coats, sweatshirts, etc. to sell this weekend because a lot of people are probably here unprepared.

Nancy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 04:06 AM

485 posts, read 1,703,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
Don't call it global warming then. call it climate change. The earth isn't getting too hot, scientists think that we will start to enter the next ice age within 10 years, it won't happen for hundreds of years though. they're just saying it will start cooling within the next 10 years slowly and not stop for hundreds of years leading to the next iceage. look it up. And this is happening naturally, not because of humans. Al Gore/Global warming is BS.

SOME scientists say this. And some say that global warming is real, as do many educated people. We all know that humans are negatively impacting the earth (smog, ozone damage, polluted lakes, rivers, oceans), so why not do something about it? I don't need to wait and see if some scientists are proved right or wrong to do what is best for the earth and future generations. We can take action right now.

Old 02-13-2010, 05:54 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,660,026 times
Climate change is a good description. Those of us who are older can definitely see the changes, no matter what state we have lived in. This has to be a phenom of our times, since I cannot remember my parents talking about how the weather was that much different than when they were young.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:54 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
Quote:
panhandle

Can you post some pictures then? I never saw it. Thanks!

Old 02-13-2010, 08:54 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,692,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsystar View Post
SOME scientists say this. And some say that global warming is real, as do many educated people. We all know that humans are negatively impacting the earth (smog, ozone damage, polluted lakes, rivers, oceans), so why not do something about it? I don't need to wait and see if some scientists are proved right or wrong to do what is best for the earth and future generations. We can take action right now.
Hello, what do you think we are doing right now? Do you not see how every product you see on comercials are "going green". We are taking action and we have been for years now. Like an earlier post said, one volcanic erruption puts more pollution in the air than every car, and cars are becoming cleaner and cleaner every day.

But the fact is, climate change is always occuring no matter what. If you look at earths history the climate has changed tremendously throughout it's past, it never stays the same. Earths climate is always changing. Humans or no humans, it's still going to change.

Last edited by GLS2010; 02-13-2010 at 09:07 AM..

Old 02-13-2010, 09:06 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,692,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Can you post some pictures then? I never saw it. Thanks!
wmbb.com - Snow Shuts Down North Florida

Old 02-13-2010, 09:51 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
Quote:

Thanks! How cool!

Old 02-13-2010, 02:52 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,005,097 times
Quote:
Hello, what do you think we are doing right now? Do you not see how every product you see on comercials are "going green". We are taking action and we have been for years now. Like an earlier post said, one volcanic erruption puts more pollution in the air than every car, and cars are becoming cleaner and cleaner every day.

But the fact is, climate change is always occuring no matter what. If you look at earths history the climate has changed tremendously throughout it's past, it never stays the same. Earths climate is always changing. Humans or no humans, it's still going to change.
Here is another "factiod" for you that you never see reported.

Ice core samples taken in 2004 showed that the arctic circle had an average temperature of 74 degrees 55 million years ago back when mankind was roasting animals over fire.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/01/sc...01climate.html

What caused that? Dinosaur farts? I have a hunch it's that big bright ball in the sky, but what do I know.

How about another: The earth, right now, is actually COOLING. This is measurable and fact.

Do I like clean air and clean water? Of course. I just don't compost my own poo because I think the world is going to spin off past Pluto.

Read this article by well known Weather Scientist Art Horn here in CT

GLOBAL WARMING (http://www.theartofweather.com/PageQ4.htm - broken link)

Old 02-13-2010, 04:55 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,660,026 times
No snow in Naples, not even close. As I have said many times before, I am not only in the wrong state, I am even in the wrong PART of the state.

However, in a few days I will only be a few hours south of Canada, so I will have my snow.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:07 PM

574 posts, read 2,045,135 times
Depends upon where in Canada you are going. Vancouver had to ship in fake snow and tomorrow's high temp there is supposed to be about 5 degrees cooler than it is here at the start of the Daytona 500! I am sure the eastern part of Canada is much colder though, like the eastern half of the US.

Nancy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida