Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 12:42 PM

17 posts, read 76,854 times

Advertisements

Hello all!

I'm getting married in Key West on Thanksgiving Day of this year. That's about all that's been decided so far...

Does anyone have suggestions for ceremony locations, hotels, reception sites, bakers for wedding cakes, etc? I will only have about 10 guests.

I'm going on a "scouting mission" in 2 weeks (I live in Ft. Lauderdale) and I want to book everything then.

Any advice, recommendations, warnings, and general info is greatly needed and appreciated!

Sprout
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 01:11 PM

518 posts, read 2,225,536 times
I have sent you a PM.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:16 PM

1,775 posts, read 8,096,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprout View Post
Hello all!

I'm getting married in Key West on Thanksgiving Day of this year. That's about all that's been decided so far...

Does anyone have suggestions for ceremony locations, hotels, reception sites, bakers for wedding cakes, etc? I will only have about 10 guests.

I'm going on a "scouting mission" in 2 weeks (I live in Ft. Lauderdale) and I want to book everything then.

Any advice, recommendations, warnings, and general info is greatly needed and appreciated!

Sprout
When we were down there for our honeymoon, we were on the east side of Key West near a fishing pier and right next door there was an outdoor wedding going on right on the beach of that little restaurant. I can't remember the name of the place but it too was a small wedding with what looked like about 20 chairs set up on the beach, the cake and tables all set up nice. I remember it was near the big Buoy of the Southern Most point of the USA. Wish i could remember the name but if you find the fishing pier, you'll probably see it on the side there. Got a great idea for your invitations. I too got married on a beach in St. Pete beach. Send them messages in a bottle with your invitation. Rolled up invitation inside with some sand and seashells. All of our guests loved them. I even hand burned the edges of the invitation to make it look old and weathered. It's nice to see those bottles still sitting on the shelves at our friends and family homes when we go over and that was 5 years ago.

Old 06-11-2007, 04:39 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,446,971 times
Sprout,

I'm going to PM you some info too.....Key West is a great choice!

Old 06-13-2007, 08:20 PM

4 posts, read 17,247 times
If you want an outdoor wedding in Key West, I recommend Fort Zachary Taylor State Park. You can select a site either on the beach or under the pine trees. Please keep in mind, however, that you are planning a ceremony during the last week of the official hurricane season.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:24 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,209,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Franklin View Post
If you want an outdoor wedding in Key West, I recommend Fort Zachary Taylor State Park. You can select a site either on the beach or under the pine trees. Please keep in mind, however, that you are planning a ceremony during the last week of the official hurricane season.
The last time we were in Key West, we were in a boat going out at sunset and saw a wedding taking place at the park on the beach. It was beautiful and a very appropriate time to do it in Key West.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:02 PM

17 posts, read 76,854 times
Thanks for these replies.

We're going to hold the ceremony at Nancy Forrester's Secret Garden, very low-key. Thanks, Riveree, for the PM!

Now, can anyone tell me anything about restaurants? I'm looking for a nice place to have dinner after the ceremony, an unofficial reception for 10.

Does anyone know anything about these places?

A&B Lobster House
Louie's Backyard
Cafe Marquesa
Square One
Dante's
Cafe Des Artistes

Thanks!

Old 07-09-2007, 07:42 AM

10 posts, read 59,713 times
I went to Louie's Backyard for dinner when I was in KW in may. I loved it! The food was great and the service was awesome. Also , I heard Michaels is a good place too, never been though. I did go to A&B Lobster house and I didn't care for it. It was not even close to Louie's in food ,service,etc.

Old 07-16-2007, 01:29 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,245,086 times
Default Wedding Reception Key West

All of the restaurants you mentioned are quite pricey. Out of all of them including Michael's or Norman's I would recommend Square One. Go into the KW web site for menu selections on some of your favorite places. The Casa Marina has a wonderful menu also. My friend was just married at the Duval Beach Club last month and Kelly's catered the affair for $100 pp. Have a wonderful wedding. kelsie

Old 07-21-2008, 09:27 AM

1 posts, read 6,361 times
Default Key West Wedding

I am getting married in Key West in April 2009. I have been researching info for awhile and right now the best place that I have seen to have a reception was the Hard Rock Cafe. I am also looking for a place to have the ceremony. There is a garden don't know the name or you can get married at the light house if you don't want to do the beach thing.I just went in search engine of key west weddngs and got a lot of info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida